Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited
this will be week 13 for my order. 28 moderns, 2 expanded, no press. yet to be shipped. i keep reloading my email thinking any min.... that min never comes .

anyone have an accurate TAT right now? not in a hurry. just want to know what to expect.

officially 13 weeks today...
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Weaponx606 private msg quote post Address this user
@felnora Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since USPS tracking has it delivered. CBCS still only shows it as “submitted”
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I have a submission that they received yesterday that has been marked as processing today.

Meanwhile I have a submission that got there 2 weeks ago that is still not showing as anything more than submitted. Weird.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
I have a submission that they received yesterday that has been marked as processing today.

Meanwhile I have a submission that got there 2 weeks ago that is still not showing as anything more than submitted. Weird.

any kind of fast pass on that?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Yes, yesterday's was fast passed.

But how would they know that from the package? I didn't put it on the outside or anything.

Quote:

any kind of fast pass on that?
Post 55 IP   flag post

@xvipah name associated with order?
Post 56 IP   flag post
@comixcited I mean, maybe. But my name is associated with the order that's been sitting for 2 weeks also
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
@comixcited I mean, maybe. But my name is associated with the order that's been sitting for 2 weeks also

also a fast pass order then?
Post 58 IP   flag post
No. That one is not.

Are you saying you think they are on the lookout for FP orders by people's names, like they know it's coming so they look for it? I mean if they are that's awesome and well worth the price of FP alone. But I don't think that's what they advertise.

Quote:

also a fast pass order then?
Post 59 IP   flag post
@xvipah just a guess. it might be tough to manage fast pass otherwise with so many submissions being processed as of late
Post 60 IP   flag post
Well, I think you're right. I asked Customer Service because I was curious. That's what they said, because it was Fast Pass it got in to the system quicker. That's pretty awesome, and a huge upgrade over what I expected. Don't know that I'll ever not use FP now

Quote:
@xvipah just a guess. it might be tough to manage fast pass otherwise with so many submissions being processed as of late
Post 61 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah I believe the packages are received and opened immediately. Then the invoices are marked received on the CBCS internal computer network. The invoices that have the faster tiers are given priority over the slower tiers. Every tier get double checked, they make sure the invoice matches the contents. Every book is given a bar code sticker so it can be tracked internally and so graders don't know whose books they have.

Everything you see on your account is on a separate network. Someone has to enter the data into that network. That is why it takes time for your books to show up as received, but your tat starts the day after it is physically delivered. This is all my theory based on facts that I do know, like two computer networks and the use of bar codes.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah @comixcited - I believe that they open each package at around the point it is delivered. Pull the Fast Passes/fast press/Rapid/Quickstream/2 Day/1 Day, etc and get those officially check in first for obvious reasons TAT wise. Now I don't typically go that route, but if someone is paying an extra $20 to $2,600 per book, then to the front of the line they go, and so be it if mine is currently taking and extra 2-3 weeks to show up on the Dashboard. The big key is that you have proof of delivery from your carrier.

Things will eventually settle down and the Dashboard will get updated more frequently and timely basis. Also remember, CBCS does have an internal system that is more detailed and accurate that the Dashboard. So your TAT should not be on when you see "received" or "processing", but rather just after CBCS received and when they started the internal checkin.

LOL, P.S. I actually started this response a couple of hours ago and just realized i didn't hit reply and see that the info is already outdated.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector felnora private msg quote post Address this user
How would they know from packaging... Good Quesion. Perhaps different peeps receive things differently...

One is a quirky go getter, with dreams of grandeur, who wants the comic fans happy.

The other is a grumpy side character, who works as an NPC on the weekends, and nothing makes them happy.

Together they fight time.

(This is meant to be amusing, and to waste time on forums, inspired by 'They Fight Crime')
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector RicksComicCrypt private msg quote post Address this user
I have a reholder that was marked as "received" on March 29th. Anyone know when it should be completed and out the door? This is the first reholder I have submitted.
Post 65 IP   flag post
@felnora package received commissioner.

chrono criminals beware!!
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector ProfessorComics private msg quote post Address this user
I have a signature event book that I sent back in November that still hasn't made it back to me. I wish I knew when the signing actually happened, because I'm sure the deadline was much sooner than the actual signing event.
Post 67 IP   flag post
So in the last 2 days, all 3 of my submissions have been pushed to processing. 2 of them were FP and they got pushed the day after they were received. The one that wasn't FP got moved about 13-15 days after it was received. That's pretty awesome stuff.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector felnora private msg quote post Address this user
(To the tune of 'One Week')

It's been one week since it said delivered
Check the forums for nerves, and then I shivered
11 days since I mailed them off
Saying, 'hope you survived your time in my loft'
12 days since the living room
Where I packed 'em weird, but what could I do
Yesterday I felt a bit deceived
But it'll still be two weeks before they say received.

Happy Friday Fellow Comic Geeks
-Felnora
Post 69 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Took a while to find the Star Wars box but I think I have a submission for May...we'll see after I price it out as all need press!

Star Wars 1 (9.4+?), 42 (9), 68 (9.4+?)
TMNT Adventures 1 (9.8)
ROM 1 (9.8 - rare direct edition lol! since direct was rarer than news stand back then!!)
X-Men 221 (9.8)
Marvel Tales 106 (9.8 - rare direct)
Sandman [Gaiman] 1 (9.2+? bindery corner tear - seen 9.8's with this defect so maybe???)
and Sandman 8 (9.4)

still thinking on book 10...X-Men 121 in 9.6 maybe press fixes a corner to 9.8?

importantly they are all modern so it keeps grading/pressing fees down
Post 70 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I never use any kind of expedited grading service so this is a fair comparison of TATs:

My CGC magazine submission shipped in early January is coming back to me next week.
My CBCS submission shipped around the same time came back to me about 5 weeks ago.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia - Sorry, not a fair comparison. CGC Magazine grader only works on magazines and the magazine work load is way less per person than normal size comic so the TAT on Mags is much better than the regular.
Post 72 IP   flag post
TAT on magazines is pretty much the same or worse than comics for CGC:
https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/?view=magazines

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/?view=comics
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Over 10 weeks on a reholder.
Post 74 IP   flag post
@xvipah - While not published, the actual TAT on Mags is currently much better that the actual on standard size. Been told this by separate reliable sources. This is typically not the case but the comic speculation market has flipped the norm.
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector RicksComicCrypt private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @BrashSmurf
Post 76 IP   flag post
@Scifinator I mean, if you say so. I don't have any "reliable sources", just what CGC says. And the fact that I have (and have had) a magazine or 2 in, and they've, so far, taken just as long as the comics.
Post 77 IP   flag post
@xvipah - I hear you and again in the past and typically, a comic submission and a magazine submission would see the comic come back first. However, for the past several months going back to late last year, the massive influx of comic speculation submissions has put comics well past the norm.
Mag tats have been affect to be sure. But, not as much as comics and a lot of that delay to mags is from the extra delays in check-in caused by...the excessive amount of standard comics.

This info comes by way of separate dealer level services.
Post 78 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Gotcha. Interesting that they wouldn't advertise that. It does make it annoying waiting on my Last Ronin books. Stupid odd sized comics.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksComicCrypt
Thanks @BrashSmurf
oh no, still haven't recieved my book. Just saying its over 10 weeks on a reholder

Website needs to reflect actual current TAT
Post 80 IP   flag post
597980 999 30