Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Just for clarification, I prefaced my question by saying stupid question. Meaning MY deficit in understanding. I never said you or your questions were stupid.

@Bronte @timberghost I saw that one coming. For the record, I have never heard @bronte call anyone's question stupid ever. That would typically be my role, just ask my son. lol.
Post 701 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Bobashek - i had comics delivered in may that were just updated from submitting to either received or processing.
I must have hit right before the tidal wave cause mine were delivered and they posted as received in 2 days (I.K.R.!!) and the tat back then was lower
@timberghost - Speaking of March, I had a grade only submission that I shipped out at end of Dec, so CBCS received 1st week of Jan. They completed and it was picked up by MCS near the end of March.

TAT's had already started creeping up at that time and right before I submitted in Dec, they had been pretty on top of things with the Dashboard. That is about the time Speculation and new pandemic wave started to re-impact them, then the Freeze... Then speculation submissions went absolutely crazy and with cgc TAT's being astronomical and then they raised their prices, CBCS has been getting absolutely slammed with new customers (or business partners @ebaymafia). Add to that people like me have also slammed them as I perhaps saw an end coming to the ***** Pandemic which reading between Steve Borocks comments of not raising prices in a pandemic, I rushed to submit another 1,200 comics between May and July.

Bottom line, as bad as it is, it could be worse. Which, it actually is at cgc with 1/3 + longer TAT's and $#!+ show quality control.

This is not me being a zealot (which I admittedly am), this is me being pragmatic. While I would like to have it all...
1) great product,
2) great quality,
3) great/fair pricing,
4) low Turn-Around-Time,
5) timely tracking of my valued possessions,
6) and a perfectly knowledgeable customer service team ready to respond at my beck and call...

If circumstances dictate sacrifices, for me, well I just laid out my priorities. The last three I can live without unless someone provides or does a better job at the 1st three (which nobody does at this time). Mess with the 3rd, now I am soul searching. Screw with the first two, I am gone.

We just have to be patient and trust that the CBCS makes good which they have so far for me. If we can't then grading and/or pressing is not for us.

Scifinator diatribe manifesto out.

PS: Hopefully I did not offend anyone. This honestly started as a post to provide insight as to TAT increases for 2021 calendar year.
Post 702 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This is not me being a zealot (which I admittedly am), this is me being pragmatic. While I would like to have it all...
1) great product,
2) great quality,
3) great/fair pricing,
4) low Turn-Around-Time,
6) and a perfectly knowledgeable customer service team ready to respond at my beck and call...

If circumstances dictate sacrifices, for me, well I just laid out my priorities. The last three I can live without unless someone provides or does a better job at the 1st three (which nobody does at this time). Mess with the 3rd, now I am soul searching. Screw with the first two, I am gone.

@Scifinator I think you summarize my own position pretty nicely with that layout. I think the order of your priority list is absolutely right.
Post 703 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Just for clarification, I prefaced my question by saying stupid question. Meaning MY deficit in understanding. I never said you or your questions were stupid.

@Bronte @timberghost I saw that one coming. For the record, I have never heard @bronte call anyone's question stupid ever. That would typically be my role, just ask my son. lol.
we have done settled it but thank you for your input or I should say cleared it up.
Post 704 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
@Bobashek - i had comics delivered in may that were just updated from submitting to either received or processing.
I must have hit right before the tidal wave cause mine were delivered and they posted as received in 2 days (I.K.R.!!) and the tat back then was lower
@timberghost - Speaking of March, I had a grade only submission that I shipped out at end of Dec, so CBCS received 1st week of Jan. They completed and it was picked up by MCS near the end of March.

TAT's had already started creeping up at that time and right before I submitted in Dec, they had been pretty on top of things with the Dashboard. That is about the time Speculation and new pandemic wave started to re-impact them, then the Freeze... Then speculation submissions went absolutely crazy and with cgc TAT's being astronomical and then they raised their prices, CBCS has been getting absolutely slammed with new customers (or business partners @ebaymafia). Add to that people like me have also slammed them as I perhaps saw an end coming to the ***** Pandemic which reading between Steve Borocks comments of not raising prices in a pandemic, I rushed to submit another 1,200 comics between May and July.

Bottom line, as bad as it is, it could be worse. Which, it actually is at cgc with 1/3 + longer TAT's and $#!+ show quality control.

1) great product,
2) great quality,
3) great/fair pricing,
4) low Turn-Around-Time,

We just have to be patient and trust that the CBCS makes good which they have so far for me. If we can't then grading and/or pressing is not for us.

Scifinator diatribe manifesto out.

PS: Hopefully I did not offend anyone. This honestly started as a post to provide insight as to TAT increases for 2021 calendar year.

agree totally, you left out that the other guys, were and are really screwing people over, some not even getting their books but someone elses and grades just way off, like they hired a wine-o off the streets to grade. I understand where CBCS is and I feel for them( like all the way to the bank (lol), I'm sure they know we really appreciate them standing as strong as they can here at CBCS in the face of all that. It's hard not to worry or wonder about your 1 holy grail though after you been screwed by CGC.(can I say that name here???) I don't understand how people over on that forum can still try to defend them, but they are, and throw rocks at CBCS who I don't understand how they can claim CGC graded comics are worth more than CBCS, there is just no way from what I've seen. But none the less, the day will come when I will be dancing at the mail box. In fact I'm getting another big order for CBCS together now so hopefully things will be less painful. Peace.
Post 705 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
My modern order received Early April has now entered Encapsulation!

And entered Shipping today
Post 706 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

And Shipped!
Post 707 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite - Nice, thanks for updates. So as TAT starts 1-3 days after receipt, then your TAT was 15-17 weeks depending on when in early April they received.

Post 708 IP   flag post
@Scifinator I got the received email on April 8th but now that I think about it, I I think it took a week and a half or so to be received
Post 709 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Close to 18 weeks now here..... still in grading.....yay

Man I thought I would get my CBCS order way before CGC but those books only had an 11 week TAT.

@dielinfinite may I ask how many books were in your submission?
Post 710 IP   flag post
Collector illgase private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And Shipped!
mine were end of March so hopefully they are gonna be shipped soon
Post 711 IP   flag post
@MutantMania Just one modern
Post 712 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Scifinator I got the received email on April 8th but now that I think about it, I I think it took a week and a half or so to be received
@dielinfinite - Cool, so that would equate to 18 week TAT then.
Post 713 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
I broke down and sent Darryl an email to inquire. He was incredibly gracious, as I'm sure he gets those types of emails a lot.

Mine should be shipping out within the next week or so. Would put my TAT at 21-22wk.
Post 714 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjoody
I broke down and sent Darryl an email to inquire. He was incredibly gracious, as I'm sure he gets those types of emails a lot.

Mine should be shipping out within the next week or so. Would put my TAT at 21-22wk.

My submission was March 17th, dashboard still shows "processing".
No updates for over 12 weeks. Last reply I received from Darryl was 3 or 4 weeks ago saying the books were in encapsulation. So we are at week 19. Has anyone gotten verifiable update from CBCS on where books are and how they are progressing with new hires to address this stagnant backlog? I sure hope they are able to hire some qualified people soon. We definitely need someone or someone's (plural) to keep everyone's dashboard current and be able to provide exact status reports for everyone to know what is going on........
Post 715 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

My submission was March 17th, dashboard still shows "processing".
No updates for over 12 weeks. Last reply I received from Darryl was 3 or 4 weeks ago saying the books were in encapsulation. So we are at week 19. Has anyone gotten verifiable update from CBCS on where books are and how they are progressing with new hires to address this stagnant backlog? I sure hope they are able to hire some qualified people soon. We definitely need someone or someone's (plural) to keep everyone's dashboard current and be able to provide exact status reports for everyone to know what is going on........
Post 716 IP   flag post
I got the same exact answer from Darryl 3 weeks ago and mine were submitted same time as yours
Post 717 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I’m done sending in any new orders until I see some movement in some of the six orders currently at CBCS. The last two was delivered first week in June and it still has charged. I submitted two orders in GSCF with two books to be reholdered to CBCS ERROR and one regular order. To this day the two books do not show up on my dashboard. Submitted two questions to CUSTSRVE which one was the two books and other was about an order. They answered one question and did not bother to answer the question. I simply don’t understand their concept of customer service.
Post 718 IP   flag post
Collector Ezekiel_Acq private msg quote post Address this user
We submitted on March 13th (modern with no pressing). I was notified last Friday it was ready for pickup. We are extremely pleased with the order and the customer support received throughout the entire process.
Post 719 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Late March still says submitted. Take your time CBCS at least with mine anyway.
Post 720 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Comicninja0215 I'll bet your sub is actually in Labels...your dashboard is just not updated.
Post 721 IP   flag post
@GAC hey that would be pretty sweet!!!
Post 722 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Comicninja0215 mine is in Labels and I subbed late March as well....no pressing. How long they'll be in Labels is anyones guess.
Post 723 IP   flag post
@GAC I did fast press with mine
Post 724 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@GAC I did fast press with mine

Ah! Maybe not in Labels then....likely on it's way to Grading or actually in Grading. Fast press cuts the pressing time in half which would still be 2+ maybe 3 months.
Post 725 IP   flag post
@GAC either way I know I'm at the end of the line. I'm so stoked to see the grades!
Post 726 IP   flag post
Quote:

when did you submit? tier? and were they press and grade or just grade??
Post 727 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel_Acq
We submitted on March 13th (modern with no pressing). I was notified last Friday it was ready for pickup. We are extremely pleased with the order and the customer support received throughout the entire process.

My submission was 4 days later (March 17th) 30 moderns no press.
So if you are getting yours, maybe I will be getting mine next week?????
Ok, I am probably reaching here, but I did just get out of the comic looney rehab program...hehehe...
Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector MrWiggalz private msg quote post Address this user
5 months as of Aug 9th and dashboard still says they are "processing". Tried to get a hold of customer service to see if there are any issues, 0 replies back.
Post 729 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel_Acq

My submission was 4 days later (March 17th) 30 moderns no press.
So if you are getting yours, maybe I will be getting mine next week?????
Ok, I am probably reaching here, but I did just get out of the comic looney rehab program...hehehe...

HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just got the email.......My March 17th submission books have made bail and are being released from doing time (5 months on good behavior) at the CBCS maximum security compound in Dallas, TX......

Doh, gotta go, I hear those comic cops coming this way....heheheh..... :/
Post 730 IP   flag post
601495 999 30