Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
I will say, I too have been waiting for my March order. But I sent in two books under 2-day modern a few weeks ago, and they were graded in less than a week. It was great but a mixed bag in that they billed me an extra $110 for one book due to its high grade. I explained to my wife that having to pay that extra money was a GOOD thing as it reflected the increase in the value of the book. Regardless, the point is that grading went very quickly and well worth the funds for two keys.
Post 676 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by illgase
How long after books hit encapsulating does it take to ship out... I was told by Darryl 2 weeks ago that they were encapsulating.

Same story I got 5 weeks ago......
Post 677 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckets
My order has been in labels going on 2 months next week.2

Didn't you get the email?
They print all new labels on 24 karat pure gold laced paper that can only be obtained in the remotest places on earth.
I've seen the 24 karat lacing process over this special paper and it is truly extraordinary. 2 months is nothing for that 24 karat laced label

Yeah, sounds like those 200.00 fries in new york that have gold sprinkles.....
Post 678 IP   flag post
Collector cklamer private msg quote post Address this user
My books were modern when I shipped them in now they are bronze.
My silver aged books turned golden.
My bronze aged books turned silver.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
Post 679 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My modern order received Early April has now entered Encapsulation!
Post 680 IP   flag post

Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
My order has just shipped. I received no email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvinv
My order received 3/29 and in grading/labels since 5/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@GAC Where were yours received in?? 👍

Received late March....around the 30th...hopefully they won't sit in Labels for too long.
Post 681 IP   flag post
Collector EvolutionOfEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
My modern order received Early April has now entered Encapsulation!

This gives me a little hope for the books I sent in Mid-April, but I'm definitely upgrading to 2-Day Modern from now on. I'd prefer my modern books aren't "classics" by the time I get them back.
Post 682 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
No notifications but my invoice is updated to Labels!!!

Sub-Mariner #5 will probably go for sale..eventually....if/when Tiger Shark makes a movie appearance?
On the fence about keeping the Plastic Man #4 2x cover....on one hand it's not really a title/character I collect but on the other hand it was my first 2x cover in the wild and because it's a 2x cover I expect a high grade

This was a Feb order..not sure when the clock started i.e. when it got from Canada to Dallas...also I assume return shipping will be a fiasco like the last order....14 weeks?? to return

Post 683 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
How long after books hit encapsulating does it take to ship out... I was told by Darryl 2 weeks ago that they were encapsulating.

well how do I reach Darryl to inquire about my 2 orders since I have not received any emails and my dashboard has never changed since received/ processing?
Post 684 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Stupid question. If you know the approximate turn around time and you have verified they recieved the books by the tracking number by the usps / fedex / ups delivery, why would you bother them so early in the waiting process? I could understand if it's been 2/3 of the wait time and nothing changed, but some of the submissions are barely there a month.....
Post 685 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Stupid question. If you know the approximate turn around time and you have verified they recieved the books by the tracking number by the usps / fedex / ups delivery, why would you bother them so early in the waiting process? I could understand if it's been 2/3 of the wait time and nothing changed, but some of the submissions are barely there a month.....

@Bronte I think that's a fair question to ask. I think the most likely answers are A)People don't have enough experience with submitting to trust the process. Or B) Fretting is part of the fun? It reminds of going through the TSA security at the airport. If you're behind a bunch of business travelers everything is smooth and the line moves quickly. If you get stuck behind a couple families that don't travel very much...you can expect to spend quite a bit of time in that line.
One thing I've noticed with the new crush of business is that Labeling/Slabbing is now part of the bottle neck. It used to be that once you left grading it was just a couple days until your books hit shipping. On my last submission it took 5 weeks in Labeling after leaving grading...so they must be short-handed in the Labeling/Slabbing department. My Raw Grade books skipped this and came back to me 5 weeks faster than my slabbed submissions.
Post 686 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

You are prolly right. Experience is a great teacher. I'm sure after first submission these folks will realize it's best to just sit back and grab a cold one....
Post 687 IP   flag post
Quote:
and how long do you think mine have been there? Ive seen all these other people have asked so why is it stupid for me to care to know where mine are, seems to me if you don't have anything to help maybe you should hold your insults.
Post 688 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

@Bronte I think that's a fair question to ask. I think the most likely answers are A)People don't have enough experience with submitting to trust the process. Or B) Fretting is part of the fun? It reminds of going through the TSA security at the airport. If you're behind a bunch of business travelers everything is smooth and the line moves quickly. If you get stuck behind a couple families that don't travel very much...you can expect to spend quite a bit of time in that line.
One thing I've noticed with the new crush of business is that Labeling/Slabbing is now part of the bottle neck. It used to be that once you left grading it was just a couple days until your books hit shipping. On my last submission it took 5 weeks in Labeling after leaving grading...so they must be short-handed in the Labeling/Slabbing department. My Raw Grade books skipped this and came back to me 5 weeks faster than my slabbed submissions.
I appreciate your understanding of a newbie to the system and your positive input. Have a great weekend.
Post 689 IP   flag post
Collector illgase private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

well how do I reach Darryl to inquire about my 2 orders since I have not received any emails and my dashboard has never changed since received/ processing?
Post 690 IP   flag post
Collector illgase private msg quote post Address this user
I just emailed support and he is the one who answered me
Post 691 IP   flag post
@timberghost

It wasn't meant as an insult. It was a question. If you took it as an insult my apologies.

Maybe after this submission and you get a feeling on how things work, you see things from a slightly different perspective.

Edit

Just for clarification, I prefaced my question by saying stupid question. Meaning MY deficit in understanding. I never said you or your questions were stupid.
Post 692 IP   flag post
Quote:
@timberghost

It wasn't meant as an insult. It was a question. If you took it as an insult my apologies.

Maybe after this submission and you get a feeling on how things work, you see things from a slightly different perspective.

Edit

Just for clarification, I prefaced my question by saying stupid question. Meaning MY deficit in understanding. I never said you or your questions were stupid.
it's all good. Its the way of posting stuff, sometimes things can look different than what is meant., peace
Post 693 IP   flag post
Quote:
I just emailed support and he is the one who answered me
thanks, i'll hang in here a little longer, is it that you have to join as a member to get to see your dash board follow your comics? maybe I don't understand thats how it works??? I hate being ignorant on all this, just trying to figure it all out at a bad time.
Post 694 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
My books were dropped off at a convention in June and my dashboard still says submitted. I'm just waiting for it to be my turn. If I don't see movement in the next month or so, then I'll probably drop them a line.
Post 695 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Oh wouldn’t it be a perfect world if with every massive 3,000 plus submission, pandemic induced mandatory shutdown, once a century freeze, pandemic related manpower shortage, speculation induced exponential increase in business, and such, if CBCS didn’t have to sacrifice some aspects of business operations to instead focus on the main aspects of grading and pressing.

I know some of us have have seen it before and know what to expect in good times and not so optimal times. I also know hoe disconcerting it can be for newer customers, especially those who like me, have perhaps even emotional ties to some comics. And those who have come to expect certain levels of customer service and gratification from near instant reporting via technology.

But, in light of the above, and understanding that CBCS is still a small busing with limited resources, and dare I say again, the above issues, when you have tracking that shows your package was delivered or when you have paperwork from the rep at a con, and you have others on the boards, both customers and staff, passing on the knowledge that yes in these extreme times you will likely not get dashboard and email updates as normal, well…i will leave it at that.

No, it is not great, but it is better that elsewhere. And know that they are working to supply us with a good product and we just have to be patient.
Post 696 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek - i had comics delivered in may that were just updated from submitting to either received or processing.
Post 697 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Bobashek - i had comics delivered in may that were just updated from submitting to either received or processing.

NICE. Maybe that means mine will show up sooner? Here's hoping. 😀
Post 698 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
Quote:

NICE. Maybe that means mine will show up sooner? Here's hoping. 😀

Mine were first of march.
Post 699 IP   flag post
Quote:
I must have hit right before the tidal wave cause mine were delivered and they posted as received in 2 days (I.K.R.!!) and the tat back then was lower
Post 700 IP   flag post
Quote:

@Bronte @timberghost I saw that one coming. For the record, I have never heard @bronte call anyone's question stupid ever. That would typically be my role, just ask my son. lol.
Post 701 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
I must have hit right before the tidal wave cause mine were delivered and they posted as received in 2 days (I.K.R.!!) and the tat back then was lower
@timberghost - Speaking of March, I had a grade only submission that I shipped out at end of Dec, so CBCS received 1st week of Jan. They completed and it was picked up by MCS near the end of March.

TAT's had already started creeping up at that time and right before I submitted in Dec, they had been pretty on top of things with the Dashboard. That is about the time Speculation and new pandemic wave started to re-impact them, then the Freeze... Then speculation submissions went absolutely crazy and with cgc TAT's being astronomical and then they raised their prices, CBCS has been getting absolutely slammed with new customers (or business partners @ebaymafia). Add to that people like me have also slammed them as I perhaps saw an end coming to the ***** Pandemic which reading between Steve Borocks comments of not raising prices in a pandemic, I rushed to submit another 1,200 comics between May and July.

Bottom line, as bad as it is, it could be worse. Which, it actually is at cgc with 1/3 + longer TAT's and $#!+ show quality control.

This is not me being a zealot (which I admittedly am), this is me being pragmatic. While I would like to have it all...
1) great product,
2) great quality,
3) great/fair pricing,
4) low Turn-Around-Time,
5) timely tracking of my valued possessions,
6) and a perfectly knowledgeable customer service team ready to respond at my beck and call...

If circumstances dictate sacrifices, for me, well I just laid out my priorities. The last three I can live without unless someone provides or does a better job at the 1st three (which nobody does at this time). Mess with the 3rd, now I am soul searching. Screw with the first two, I am gone.

We just have to be patient and trust that the CBCS makes good which they have so far for me. If we can't then grading and/or pressing is not for us.

Scifinator diatribe manifesto out.

PS: Hopefully I did not offend anyone. This honestly started as a post to provide insight as to TAT increases for 2021 calendar year.
Post 702 IP   flag post
Quote:
This is not me being a zealot (which I admittedly am), this is me being pragmatic. While I would like to have it all...
1) great product,
2) great quality,
3) great/fair pricing,
4) low Turn-Around-Time,
6) and a perfectly knowledgeable customer service team ready to respond at my beck and call...

If circumstances dictate sacrifices, for me, well I just laid out my priorities. The last three I can live without unless someone provides or does a better job at the 1st three (which nobody does at this time). Mess with the 3rd, now I am soul searching. Screw with the first two, I am gone.

@Scifinator I think you summarize my own position pretty nicely with that layout. I think the order of your priority list is absolutely right.
Post 703 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

@Bronte @timberghost I saw that one coming. For the record, I have never heard @bronte call anyone's question stupid ever. That would typically be my role, just ask my son. lol.
we have done settled it but thank you for your input or I should say cleared it up.
Post 704 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@timberghost - Speaking of March, I had a grade only submission that I shipped out at end of Dec, so CBCS received 1st week of Jan. They completed and it was picked up by MCS near the end of March.

TAT's had already started creeping up at that time and right before I submitted in Dec, they had been pretty on top of things with the Dashboard. That is about the time Speculation and new pandemic wave started to re-impact them, then the Freeze... Then speculation submissions went absolutely crazy and with cgc TAT's being astronomical and then they raised their prices, CBCS has been getting absolutely slammed with new customers (or business partners @ebaymafia). Add to that people like me have also slammed them as I perhaps saw an end coming to the ***** Pandemic which reading between Steve Borocks comments of not raising prices in a pandemic, I rushed to submit another 1,200 comics between May and July.

Bottom line, as bad as it is, it could be worse. Which, it actually is at cgc with 1/3 + longer TAT's and $#!+ show quality control.

1) great product,
2) great quality,
3) great/fair pricing,
4) low Turn-Around-Time,

We just have to be patient and trust that the CBCS makes good which they have so far for me. If we can't then grading and/or pressing is not for us.

Scifinator diatribe manifesto out.

PS: Hopefully I did not offend anyone. This honestly started as a post to provide insight as to TAT increases for 2021 calendar year.

agree totally, you left out that the other guys, were and are really screwing people over, some not even getting their books but someone elses and grades just way off, like they hired a wine-o off the streets to grade. I understand where CBCS is and I feel for them( like all the way to the bank (lol), I'm sure they know we really appreciate them standing as strong as they can here at CBCS in the face of all that. It's hard not to worry or wonder about your 1 holy grail though after you been screwed by CGC.(can I say that name here???) I don't understand how people over on that forum can still try to defend them, but they are, and throw rocks at CBCS who I don't understand how they can claim CGC graded comics are worth more than CBCS, there is just no way from what I've seen. But none the less, the day will come when I will be dancing at the mail box. In fact I'm getting another big order for CBCS together now so hopefully things will be less painful. Peace.
Post 705 IP   flag post
601269 999 30