Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseaweiss
Hello all. I'm looking at liquidating my collection so may finally get some of my better books graded. First up is my SS #4 (Vol 1). I think it's a decent book (I'm guessing around 6-7, only real issue is the bottom left corner, spine is still square). Given the back log, etc... any recommendations on which tier of grading I should go with? I'm not in a huge rush but would rather not wait months.

I'd do quickstream!
Post 576 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@jesseaweiss
You can do consumer if you think the book is only going to grade around a 6.0.
It might get passed through. Save you some $$
Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector OPTICOMICS private msg quote post Address this user
So sorry for the questions this is my first submission so i can see my grade the invoice says completed will i get notification of a tracking number or anything like that or do i just wait and it will show up when it gets here
Post 578 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@OPTICOMICS - under normal circumstances, yes, once completed and shipped, you should be able to see your grade and notes. Again, with the backlog, that may not happen until you receive you shipment. As far as tracking, I think the same applies. I have received tracking numbers in the past, but that might not happen with the backlog in place.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector OPTICOMICS private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator right on ty yeah i can see the grade now and invoice says completed just wanna be able to hold it now lol
Post 580 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Canada border opens to vaccinated US citizens Aug. 9: Everything you need to know

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/07/19/when-is-canada-border-opening-date/8018142002/
Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector Chanfriendly private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone ship their books around mid March? Sent four modern books out for pressing and grading (21-0F99A3B) and it’s just said processing for months. Now TAT has gone from 22 weeks to 36, and I don’t know which to expect.
Post 582 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanfriendly
Anyone ship their books around mid March? Sent four modern books out for pressing and grading (21-0F99A3B) and it’s just said processing for months. Now TAT has gone from 22 weeks to 36, and I don’t know which to expect.

Yep, I sent in 17 modern (no pressing, 2 VST) in mid March.

My guess would be that your TAT is closer to the 36wk, as it is going to depend on when they get the books out of pressing, and what's ahead of it in the queue.
Post 583 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjoody
Quote:

My guess would be that your TAT is closer to the 36wk, as it is going to depend on when they get the books out of pressing, and what's ahead of it in the queue.

My first order was in March as well. Irony: I sent in that order because I hope/expect at least one ASM 252 will grade high, in order to sell . .. so I can afford to get more books graded! So, waiting to give CBCS more business, but cannot yet because they have so much business.
Post 584 IP   flag post
Collector Chanfriendly private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplecdad
Quote:
Quote:

My first order was in March as well. Irony: I sent in that order because I hope/expect at least one ASM 252 will grade high, in order to sell . .. so I can afford to get more books graded! So, waiting to give CBCS more business, but cannot yet because they have so much business.

Thanks to the both of you, I appreciate your insights. Good luck with your books!
Post 585 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Chanfriendly - Actually, based on @SteveRicketts most recent comments in the Press TAT thread, looks like orders received in March are already well on their way and some have already gone into grading. I would not be surprised if most have already been pressed. So, you may be closer than you think.

By the way, welcome to the Forum!
Post 586 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I know my books are pressed and awaiting grading
Post 587 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I sent in 21 books, half pressing, half graded. If mine come back in 2021, I'll be happy.
Post 588 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
I sent in 21 books, half pressing, half graded. If mine come back in 2021, I'll be happy.
@Bobashek - When did yours get handed over at con? Your TAT would start the Wed after that and should be based on the TAT at that time.
Post 589 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
@Bobashek - When did yours get handed over at con? Your TAT would start the Wed after that and should be based on the TAT at that time.

The con was June 18-20. I'm sure I'm on my way (4 weeks now) but watching the dashboard daily just in case the status changes.
Post 590 IP   flag post
Quote:
The con was June 18-20. I'm sure I'm on my way (4 weeks now) but watching the dashboard daily just in case the status changes.
@Bobashek - That was right about the time that they went from 28 week (combined Press & Grade) to 32 weeks. That should put them shipping back sometime between the 1st week of Jan to end of Jan.
Post 591 IP   flag post
Anyone with late March orders with pressing know when about the books will be done??
Post 592 IP   flag post
Collector cklamer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
Anyone with late March orders with pressing know when about the books will be done??

As stated above Steve with CBCS Pressing stated that they were finishing up the last of the March pressings and then sending them off to grading. Now how long that takes is anyone's guess. Other than the 17 weeks they have listed that is all we know.

I am hoping since I sent my books around that same time just for grading I am hoping I will get them back soon. Back then the turnaround time was 13 weeks so hopefully they can stick to that.
Post 593 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@Comicninja0215 - Based on what I recall the TAT's to be at the time, 23 or 28 wks combined for Press & Grade, CBCS should be shipping out sometime in September or October.
Post 594 IP   flag post
@Scifinator oooo goody! Just on time for my birthday!!!! Super excited
Post 595 IP   flag post
Collector jokioo private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

I was curious what peoples' experience is with quickstream submissions as of late. My order was received one June 11th, and turnaround states 4 weeks. My books have been at the grading stage since June 30th.

Last time I did quickstream my books arrived back to me in less than a month, and I know that there is a new norm but just wanted to gauge whether others have done any quickstream only submissions as of late.

BTW - I am trying to get the return address changed and sent an email to customer service. Any advice for that?
Post 596 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I sent these in today...its more than likely I'll get them back in 2022. lol!!

New Gods 2
New Gods 2
New Gods 8
New Gods 11
Forever People 2
Mister Miracle 3
Fantastic Four 50
Sea Devils 1
Tales To Astonish 62
X-men 28
Post 597 IP   flag post
Collector RidingBeavers private msg quote post Address this user
Got my reholder back.

They received it 4/21
They sent it out 7/14

The new case is amazing and a marked improvement over the gen 1 case I had. It's rock solid - no flex and is tamper evident!
Post 598 IP   flag post
Collector cklamer private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully my books that were received on May 4th and billed on May 21st will be going in to the grading area soon. Of course when I sent this in the delivery wasn't anywhere near what it is now.

21-17DB8BA
Post 599 IP   flag post
Collector Jes1125 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingBeavers
Got my reholder back.

They received it 4/21
They sent it out 7/14

The new case is amazing and a marked improvement over the gen 1 case I had. It's rock solid - no flex and is tamper evident!

Congrats!! I have a 1st gen case that I sent in for a reholder as well.
I sent mine in about 2 weeks after yours. I have only one submission (Thor#337) that I bought and the case was beat up.
Been "processing" now for about 5 weeks,
Now I hope it arrives BEFORE I leave for vacation
Post 600 IP   flag post
Collector Dawnstar private msg quote post Address this user
Any way I could get confirmation that my package was received? It's still showing as "submitted" though it was delivered earlier this month. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

21-24A35B1
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector jsrtt private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody else's books stuck in labels? I have some books that have been in labels for almost a month. Not complaining, just anxious to get my babies home.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@jsrtt yes, 4 weeks also.
Post 603 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@cklamer I doubt it. My regular priced submissions from April are not in the grading area yet. Expect the full 16-18 week experience.
Post 604 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrtt
Anybody else's books stuck in labels? I have some books that have been in labels for almost a month. Not complaining, just anxious to get my babies home.

Yep, sitting at five weeks in labels currently.
Post 605 IP   flag post
601488 999 30