Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
I'd like to agree as well, om totally guilty of doing it to and it's just spamming the forum. Trust the process.

Fix the process first....then trust it.
Post 476 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Gotta agree with @GAC here 100%
All these questions of status update inquiries could easily be avoided with simply ensuring the methodology already in place is working. It's quite clear it's not working so I'm not sure why it would not be corrected or (bad option) eliminated.

Having it there and not working is the worst possibly option

Exactly!
Post 477 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC yes!
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector wildmind private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC CBCS used to be more responsive before by acquired by Beckett
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Fix the process first....then trust it.

^^^^^

It's hard to trust a process when they're publicly stating an estimated 4-6wk turnaround and most of us are sitting on 16wk or more.
Post 480 IP   flag post

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
My apologies, I didn't read onto the discussion more. Om waiting on subs from mid March. I'm sure other are waiting longer.
Post 481 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Books submitted on June 6. Order says submitted. Confirmed by priority mail that package was delivered. Sent personal check, but it has not been cashed and order says I still need to pay. Does CBCS wait to cash the check until it is in Processing? Or is it likely my order is just sitting because they believe I have not paid yet, and the check is lost or misplaced. I thought I read that they cashed the check promptly.
I called customer service and they could not tell me where my order was, and actually indicated it had yet to be received! I know that is not correct as I tracked the order to delivery, but that is still disconcerting, to say the least.
Post 482 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
@Triplecdad my understanding is that it will not be cashed until it is in Processing as I have always only been charged once it is officially in processing regardless of the method of payment. From my own personal experience it is taking about 4-5 weeks for books to be marked as "received" and go into processing but rest assured your books are moving along in the timeframe even if they haven't been marked as received yet. Hope this helps. Did your delivery say something about a loading dock or given to a person? Usually that's a good indication that CBCS actually DOES have it
Post 483 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Given to a person. Thanks, I just didn't want them sitting in limbo because my check was not found or lost.
Post 484 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
2 2 day moderns, 1 rapid
Delivered 6/28
Received, charged & grading 6/29
Encapsulating 7/1
Shipped 7/2

10/10.
Post 485 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
I have 4 shipments in, 29 books total, each order has some pressing or press screen. The earliest one was submitted January 30. All are received and still in 'processing'. 5-months so far, is this normal? Hopefully something will get moving soon. I am ready to submit another shipment, but want to hold off pitching my books into a black hole.
Post 486 IP   flag post
Collector TheCouponGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNotSoNice
I have 4 shipments in, 29 books total, each order has some pressing or press screen. The earliest one was submitted January 30. All are received and still in 'processing'. 5-months so far, is this normal? Hopefully something will get moving soon. I am ready to submit another shipment, but want to hold off pitching my books into a black hole.

Normal. If you're not paying extra for some fast service, it's going to be a while. My last shipment was received January 13th and just went into grading about two weeks ago. I probably won't submit another order until 2022.
Post 487 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
If i read your post correct>>>it was about 6 months from "rec'd" to "grading">>o0 >?
Is this correct ?
Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Timeline of my latest submission, for information purposes only.

3/16: my submission arrives at CBCS per FedEx tracking
3/24: e-mail from CBCS stating my submission has arrived
5/3: checked my invoice and it status is "Labels"
6/14: e-mail from CBCS stating my submission has entered the "production area"
7/2: e-mail from CBCS that my submission has been completed
7/2: separate e-mail from CBCS that my submission has been shipped back to me
7/3: I receive my package from CBCS via FedEx

15 weeks and a few days from my submission arriving at CBCS to it being shipped back to me
Post 489 IP   flag post
Collector TheCouponGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
If i read your post correct>>>it was about 6 months from "rec'd" to "grading">>o0 >?
Is this correct ?

If your comment was directed at me, then yes. I did forget to mention that it was 5 books with pressing added. But still...
Post 490 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a newbie question...since I gave my books to a CBCS representative at a convention, will my books show submitted until they are started on (some pressed/graded and some just being graded)?
Post 491 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Bobashek yes, you should expect them to show nothing other than "submitted" for about 5 weeks. That seems to be the norm.
Post 492 IP   flag post
Collector MrWiggalz private msg quote post Address this user
4 months and my 5 comics are still showing Processing...lol.
Post 493 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWiggalz
4 months and my 5 comics are still showing Processing...lol.

same here
Post 494 IP   flag post
I was told for mine it would be 14-18 weeks.
Post 495 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
My July promotion modern comics delivery has been confirmed by Fedex. A turnaround time of 17 weeks will be November 2nd, so I'm hoping my comics will be ready by then or the next week seeing as how I expect more submissions than ever to CBCS and the turnaround time to increase.
Post 496 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Hate to harp on CBCS Canada...but...this latest submission is taking even longer than normal - anyone have eyes on it in the matrix??

Mail tracking said it was delivered May 12th so I know it's at least in Oakville

May 9, 2021 21-19F469B

Star Wars 1
Star Wars 42
Star Wars 68
TMNT Adventures 1
ROM 1
X-Men 221
X-Men 121
Marvel Tales 106
Sandman [Gaiman] 1
Marvel Spotlight 32

pretty sure I need to stop using CBCS Canada until next year - this is just getting stupid
Post 497 IP   flag post
Is Pressing and grading/slabbing all done in Texas or is some still done elsewhere?
Post 498 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics

Apparently us / Canada borders are easing restrictions

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/canada-begins-easing-us-border-pandemic-restrictions-989f28a7-aaf5-4aed-9835-5550459ebef0.html
Post 499 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
Is Pressing and grading/slabbing all done in Texas or is some still done elsewhere?

all in Tex ass!!
Post 500 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@KatKomics

Apparently us / Canada borders are easing restrictions

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/canada-begins-easing-us-border-pandemic-restrictions-989f28a7-aaf5-4aed-9835-5550459ebef0.html

just a matter of does that apply to CBCS - I know for just day crossings etc we still can't jump back and forth (got my 2nd shot a few days ago!)
Post 501 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics

My hopes are it happens soon. You Canadian folks have gotten the shaft from this ordeal. It will be nice to see you folks get your books in a timely manner
Post 502 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@KatKomics

My hopes are it happens soon. You Canadian folks have gotten the shaft from this ordeal. It will be nice to see you folks get your books in a timely manner

be nice to buy from sellers who don't ship to Canada again!! I like jumping over real quick to pick up "contraband"!!
Post 503 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Mail tracking said it was delivered May 12th so I know it's at least in Oakville

Looking at your watch a third time waiting in the station for a bus
Going to a place that's far, so far away and if that's not enough
Going where nobody says hello, they don't talk to anybody they don't know
Don't go back to Oakville
Don't go back to Oakville and waste another year.
-REM
Post 504 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Looking at your watch a third time waiting in the station for a bus
Going to a place that's far, so far away and if that's not enough
Going where nobody says hello, they don't talk to anybody they don't know
Don't go back to Oakville and waste another year.
-REM

lol!! have to make a cover song with your adjustments!!
Post 505 IP   flag post
601537 999 30