Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
My books are now scheduled to arrive at my home tomorrow.

From the date I placed the order online to getting them back in my hands, it will 21 weeks in total

To CBCS: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia --> Oakville, Ontario (Canada) --> CBCS Irving, TX (via Universal Distributors via Oakville)

From CBCS: Irving, TX --> Charleston, MO --> Gaston, IN --> Perrysburg, OH --> Woodbridge, ON (Canada) --> Mont-Carmel, QC --> [stay tuned]
Post 451 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
So I shouldn't get to excited about getting my books anytime soon even though they are in week 14 now?
Post 452 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
1 rapid tier delivered 6/23
Processing 6/24
Grading email 6/28

I have another rapid and 2 2-day moderns on the way as well from a presser.

Encapsulating 6/28
Shipped 6/29

2 2-day moderns + 1 rapid delivered 6/28
Received and charged 6/29
Post 453 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
My December 3rd order just shipped
4 books
Pressing on all 4
VSP on all 4

I think I sent these in shortly after Thanksgiving dinner
Post 454 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I just got the "recieved/charged" emails. I don't think CBCS is doing themselves any favors with this line:
We will send you email updates as the order moves along through the process. At any time, you can check the status of your order at https://www.cbcscomics.com/account and log into your account. Once you are logged in on your dashboard you can view the status on any order by clicking on its link.

How much grief would the company save it they changed the message to:
There is no need for you to check on you order status from here. Your items are in the que and the status will not change until they reach the front of the que. We will update you when that occurs. Most submissions will not update status until the final few days of the process, as there is nothing to update.
Post 455 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

Perhaps you should pass this to rickets to copy and paste
Post 456 IP   flag post
@Bronte Do you agree it might settle people down a bit and reduce the inquiries? The way it's written now kind of encourages you to keep looking for that status update that is not forthcoming.
Post 457 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

Yes. I think it is worded quite well. I was not being sarcastic. Literally they should replace their spiel with cut and paste.

Too many times they get random folks to write these canned responses that do not have any empathy training. Sometimes putting yourself in the position of others can reveal a sjit load and help create a better bond between client and provider.

I used to try and write stuff for my old company but it fell on deaf ears so I quit trying. I would surmise that if they listened they could have reduced returns of product and created better rapport with customers. But it requires people to listen. The question is, will CBCS take the free advice and listen?
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I just got the "recieved/charged" emails. I don't think CBCS is doing themselves any favors with this line:
We will send you email updates as the order moves along through the process. At any time, you can check the status of your order at https://www.cbcscomics.com/account and log into your account. Once you are logged in on your dashboard you can view the status on any order by clicking on its link.

There is no need for you to check on you order status from here. Your items are in the que and the status will not change until they reach the front of the que. We will update you when that occurs. Most submissions will not update status until the final few days of the process, as there is nothing to update.

Agree that the e-mails are not well written, but your suggestion is not the solution. Better communication (and more communication) is the answer. CBCS needs to be a bit more transparent, especially with new costumers. I personally have made many submissions to CBCS and I keep up to date through this forum on current TAT and other issues, so I have a realistic expectation of the status of my order. But for a new costumer, who has not successfully had an order go all the way through the process and been received back to them, it can be frustrating to not understand where your order is in the process and to not be able to get a straight answer from CS.

To be clear, I am a fan of CBCS. I have orders currently in with them. I like the product. I will continue to use them. But, they do have room to grow and can make improvements on their communication to their costumers as it pertains to status of orders.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Quote:
There is no need for you to check on you order status from here. Your items are in the que and the status will not change until they reach the front of the que. We will update you when that occurs. Most submissions will not update status until the final few days of the process, as there is nothing to update

THIS!!
Post 460 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
I have found a new approach to the , slight time delay issue >>the longer they take, the MORE my comics are going to be worth when i get them back
At this rate, i am going to be able to retire in 3 years right around the time my books come in>>PERFECT timing as i see it

OK, yes i jest>>but>>WHAT else to do >> get frustrated and angry>?...THAT solves nothing NOR does it speed up the order. I have mentioned a few ideas to help this process, and thats all i can do
Still waiting to see my May2nd order show up on the radar. I am GUESSING i MIGHT see it get received in 4 weeks ..ish (?)
Thank you to all the staff that are doing their best
Post 461 IP   flag post
Collector Jes1125 private msg quote post Address this user
Week #8 for my reholder. Book was certified and has been "processing" for about 6 weeks.
Is there a fast pass for a reholder?
Post 462 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Agree that the e-mails are not well written, but your suggestion is not the solution. Better communication (and more communication) is the answer. CBCS needs to be a bit more transparent, especially with new costumers

@Lonestar The difference with my suggestion is that it costs $0 and takes 5 minutes to execute. And I would actually consider this to fall under "better communication". The "better solution later" thinking is a trap for businesses. Start with the best solution you have available immediately. My company has very long lead-times and I know the best long-term solution would be to find more qualified employees. But the solution I have available to me today is to politely tell customers in advance that they will need to be patient and make sure they understand that there is no purpose in inquiring about status.
Post 463 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The typos in both put me on edge.
Post 464 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
The typos in both put me on edge.

@DrWatson The rough draft just hasn't hit your desk for rewrite yet. Still in approval stage.
Post 465 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
But the solution I have available to me today is to politely tell customers in advance that they will need to be patient and make sure they understand that there is no purpose in inquiring about status.

Quote:

@EbayMafia Hopefully this was still your rough draft as I wouldn't view this as a polite e-mail if I received it. It's the equivalent of "Sit down and shut up" and "You'll get what you get and like it".
Post 466 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
What reduces inquiries is adherence to TATS and updating and communicating the new TATS.

EDIT: and getting communique as your books move through the network....this will solve the majority of inquiries.
Post 467 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
March 17th submission still says processing.
14 weeks now. Bail bondsman is on vacation. Books still doin' time....
Post 468 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Quote:
But the solution I have available to me today is to politely tell customers in advance that they will need to be patient and make sure they understand that there is no purpose in inquiring about status.

Quote:

@EbayMafia Hopefully this was still your rough draft as I wouldn't view this as a polite e-mail if I received it. It's the equivalent of "Sit down and shut up" and "You'll get what you get and like it".

@Lonestar Sadly yes, this is me being polite (but not a final draft), no good? The bigger picture is that I was surprised to see that the email is still worded in a way that encourages people to look for status updates. This is probably not an issue with lead times of 4-5 weeks. But with lead times of 15 weeks it's going to have a lot of people asking "why no status updates?"
Post 469 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
I got my books back!

The process from Canada to Texas and back to Canada was exactly 21 weeks from the time I submitted my order online to when they arrived home.

I wonder how long the process would have been if I had gone through CGC?
Post 470 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Lonestar Sadly yes, this is me being polite (but not a final draft), no good? The bigger picture is that I was surprised to see that the email is still worded in a way that encourages people to look for status updates. This is probably not an issue with lead times of 4-5 weeks. But with lead times of 15 weeks it's going to have a lot of people asking "why no status updates?"

Exactly. We all know there's still a major shortage of, well, everything as we navigate this current landscape and dig ourselves out of the past 17mo. Being upfront and honest with what's happening is going to calm any tempers upfront and manages expectations.

I'd try something like this.

"Your items are received, and in the que. This is where the bulk of the lead time resides; your comics are patiently waiting in line for grading, labels and encapsulation. We will update you when your books get to the next step, but that will not be for a number of weeks. So for now sit back, grab your favorite beverage and relax.

At any time, you are free to check your status by logging into your account, keeping in mind that status updates will only occur when they happen."
Post 471 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The issue with this is that the status updates do not occur. If the system worked as intended the # of status inquiries would drop dramatically.

I have 3 returned submissions from months ago that my dashboard says is still in shipping.

The problem is not the verbiage with the Received email....its not getting the Received email...or Grading email....or Labels email....or Shipping email...etc.

I've had these submissions back to me between a few months and several weeks and I never received any status emails.

Post 472 IP   flag post
Isn't the whole intention of the status movement notification emails precisely the reason to reduce status inquiries?
Post 473 IP   flag post
Gotta agree with @GAC here 100%
All these questions of status update inquiries could easily be avoided with simply ensuring the methodology already in place is working. It's quite clear it's not working so I'm not sure why it would not be corrected or (bad option) eliminated.

Having it there and not working is the worst possibly option
Post 474 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to agree as well, om totally guilty of doing it to and it's just spamming the forum. Trust the process.
Post 475 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
I'd like to agree as well, om totally guilty of doing it to and it's just spamming the forum. Trust the process.

Fix the process first....then trust it.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Gotta agree with @GAC here 100%
All these questions of status update inquiries could easily be avoided with simply ensuring the methodology already in place is working. It's quite clear it's not working so I'm not sure why it would not be corrected or (bad option) eliminated.

Having it there and not working is the worst possibly option

Exactly!
Post 477 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC yes!
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector wildmind private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC CBCS used to be more responsive before by acquired by Beckett
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Fix the process first....then trust it.

^^^^^

It's hard to trust a process when they're publicly stating an estimated 4-6wk turnaround and most of us are sitting on 16wk or more.
Post 480 IP   flag post
601487 999 30