Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Sevans1979 private msg quote post Address this user
@xkonk thank you for the info
Post 326 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
LOL - The gang at CBCS must be reading the forums because I JUST got an email saying that my first submission has been graded, and has entered the production area for encapsulation.

Thanks, CBCS team!
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
DAY 182 of the sad and unexpected incarceration of my beloved comics. Just found out their sentence has been extended to 217 days! What did they or I do wrong? With they ever be released? I sit here day after day waiting for word of a reprieve, will the governor step in? No. Will I still be here when they get home? Maybe. Waiting, just waiting...
Post 328 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
DAY 182 of the sad and unexpected incarceration of my beloved comics. Just found out their sentence has been extended to 217 days! What did they or I do wrong? With they ever be released? I sit here day after day waiting for word of a reprieve, will the governor step in? No. Will I still be here when they get home? Maybe. Waiting, just waiting...

This is very funny. Thanks for the smile of the day from the forum.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just realized.....we are getting to the point where I could have conceived and delivered a child in less time than my books have been away......wife might not like comics but she would be really upset if my girlfriend had a kid!!!
Post 330 IP   flag post

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I endured CGC wait times to which I was finally billed for pressing lol. This should be a cakewalk.
Post 331 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
I think i am going to approach this from a different angle. I am going to start to send books in every 6 months>> I only have a few years left working THAT way...when i retire the books will start to have come in >>>BAM<<< I got a steady income >>>PLUS<<< How much have the books increased in value the year or so they have been gone >?

Its a long game strategy

..ok jesting aside, i get these guys are SUPER busy. I just wish there was better
logistics when it comes to Canadian orders, thats all.
Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector Lowlylawyer private msg quote post Address this user
Celebrating 6 months today!!
Post 333 IP   flag post
Collector RidingBeavers private msg quote post Address this user
reholder been in "processing" since 4/17.
Post 334 IP   flag post
Collector BradL private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Just realized.....we are getting to the point where I could have conceived and delivered a child in less time than my books have been away......wife might not like comics but she would be really upset if my girlfriend had a kid!!!

LOL, but its true so true
Post 335 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@KatKomics The difference between worry and panic: worry is when your comic books are late, panic is when your secret girlfriend is late.
Post 336 IP   flag post
If there ever was a more spot on description of a word I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be as spot on as that.@EbayMafia lol
Post 337 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Tyler happy birthday to you.
Post 338 IP   flag post
@Tyler happy birthday!
Post 339 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
So I just received my December order at my door, although I didn't get an email saying it was out for delivery. Dashboard still says Ship to Canada. I'll post what I got back soon.

26 weeks is a while to wait but at least it seems that someone finally has sent our orders out at universal distributions.

Post 340 IP   flag post
Just happened...my January order says Ship to Canada....I can't wait to see them....in August.

Post 341 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Oct 15 and Nov 15 orders now in hand!!! pics later - also need to find a mod - grades not available!
Post 342 IP   flag post
Quote:
Oct 15 and Nov 15 orders now in hand!!! pics later - also need to find a mod - grades not available!

Same here no grader notes yet.
Post 343 IP   flag post
Collector wildmind private msg quote post Address this user
Update, in my Jan 25th Received order, finally, my invoice status changed from Submitted to Grading. I see the water starting to boiling. Anyone else?
Post 344 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Dec 3rd order that was in "Labels" for close to 6 weeks, just got an email that books are graded now and will be shipped shortly.
Post 345 IP   flag post
Collector Jes1125 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingBeavers
reholder been in "processing" since 4/17.

same here (almost) shipped out mine 4/30, they received it 5/5. It's been "processing" going on 6 weeks....for a reholder... *sigh*
Post 346 IP   flag post
Collector RicksComicCrypt private msg quote post Address this user
Going on my 12th week for a reholder.
Post 347 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Comics finally back today. Pleased with the grades, the pressing is straight-up magic.

I shall like to see the notes. Might need some assistance for that...

Darrell something is a moderator?
Post 348 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Silverado you can get the notes on any CBCS slab by going to the main CBCS page, scrolling down to the notes section and follow the link to enter the number. Make sure to enter the number EXACTLY as it is on the slab. If these were submitted by you, you can read the notes through your dashboard, just click on the book.

Post 349 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed a few times that people have a perception that re-holders should move faster than regular grading. But doesn't the book have to be reviewed again by a grader anyway? I imagine it's the least profitable service offered. I figure it's more of a courtesy than a product, I would expect it to be lowest priority in busy times. But if I'm correct, maybe that should be made clear in advance.
Post 350 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Another way to get notes is to just xcan the QR code on the back of the label.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Just to add something about the notes....You won't find them until the order has been closed which releases the notes. Typing them or scanning them shows invalid comic.
Post 352 IP   flag post
Question: Does anyone know the name of the CBCS employee that can get an order closed to release the notes?

I've seen his name before...but I can't seem to find him.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@rgreenson Darryl? I'm pretty sure he can do it. I'll see if I can get him to send you a pm.

One quick question before I do that, have you received the books or been notified that they are shipped?
Post 354 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@rgreenson Darryl? I'm pretty sure he can do it. I'll see if I can get him to send you a pm.

One quick question before I do that, have you received the books or been notified that they are shipped?

Hi Jesse,

I know how to get the notes but my order, which was delivered yesterday, needs to be closed. Last time I had to bug a moderator... maybe you (it was awhile back so forgive my forgetfulness) in order to get the notes released.

Thanks.
Post 355 IP   flag post
597876 999 30