Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
wow!!

Order confirmed delivered to CBCS Canada March 10th....now received at CBCS US April 27th!! so....7 weeks

With luck....my order that entered ShipToCanada on March 12th will arrive at my doorstep sometime soon??

March 10 order - will go straight to MCS with local pickup

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
order hits 12 weeks this week. been in labels for 12 days... anyone get anything back from early February yet? super excited to see my grades!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector cwazywabbit private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
this!! no way do the warehouse guys in Canada have access to the CBCS system..aaannnndddd they would have to open the package to verify the invoice number - no one wants some random people opening and handling books!!

The CBCS Canada is at this point little more than a forwarding service. They'll receive the packages and gather enough to send a tote down to Dallas for a fee ( $X per package) and that's about it for their part on the receiving side.

If the package isn't opened, how do they know the difference between a customer submission and a delivery intended for the Oakville office? Should I have included something on the package to indicate it was a submission?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Mine has been labels three weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited
order hits 12 weeks this week. been in labels for 12 days... anyone get anything back from early February yet? super excited to see my grades!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazywabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
this!! no way do the warehouse guys in Canada have access to the CBCS system..aaannnndddd they would have to open the package to verify the invoice number - no one wants some random people opening and handling books!!

The CBCS Canada is at this point little more than a forwarding service. They'll receive the packages and gather enough to send a tote down to Dallas for a fee ( $X per package) and that's about it for their part on the receiving side.

If the package isn't opened, how do they know the difference between a customer submission and a delivery intended for the Oakville office? Should I have included something on the package to indicate it was a submission?

only deliveries to the Oakville office are submissions - it's a forwarding service run out of a warehouse, no other offices of business other than receive and forward. If it says CBCS Canada then it gets sent to Dallas
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Pedigree private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the update Kat. I will be checking your updates to see the progress. I will be making my very first submissions soon so I'm super excited to get my grading virginity popped. Really excited to see the Oakville office operational and there's actually people working there even if it's super slow.

I'm looking at the submission form, is it $34 CAD to fedex back 7 books to you? Any other hidden charges I need to be concerned about?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome books in there sir!!! Good luck on the grades!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Pre-screened modern submitted 1/17/2021. Email received that grading was complete on 4/7/2021 but status still shows "Grading".
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkinWillie
Pre-screened modern submitted 1/17/2021. Email received that grading was complete on 4/7/2021 but status still shows "Grading".

Most likely it's in "Labels", Open the Invoice for your order it will tell you there.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenson
Most likely it's in "Labels", Open the Invoice for your order it will tell you there.

Thanks but I opened the invoice - i.e. clicked on the link from the dashboard - and it still says "Grading" on the right, "Processing" at the upper left.

Rev 1. - I opened the pdf and it did say "Labels" so thanks for your tip.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvinv
Quote:

it seems there is a bottleneck in production. last few orders I sent went from "grading complete" to "labels" to "shipped" within 2-7 days. @Elvinv post once your order has shipped so I have an idea of how long I'm waiting.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Will do
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it seems there is a bottleneck in production. last few orders I sent went from "grading complete" to "labels" to "shipped" within 2-7 days. @Elvinv post once your order has shipped so I have an idea of how long I'm waiting.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Will do
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

THANX!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Weaponx606 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone have an idea how long after your submission is delivered by USPS to Dallas (4/23) until your dashboard shows they have it?
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Weaponx606 1-3 weeks currently?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Weaponx606 private msg quote post Address this user
I just get nervous when the tracking says “left with individual at address” and I wait for an update. 🤣🤣
Post 16 IP   flag post
Cgc has a tracker feature that shows if your package was delivered or not . Last time I checked it wasn't working lol
Post 17 IP   flag post
We've probably discussed this before but do you think that we'll see a drop in grading submissions after the market hype dies down ??🤔
Post 18 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
I got an email today stating they received my second batch of books that I sent on March 30th. Just two days shy of thirty days.

Still waiting to see what's going on with the first batch I sent back in February
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree
Thanks for the update Kat. I will be checking your updates to see the progress. I will be making my very first submissions soon so I'm super excited to get my grading virginity popped. Really excited to see the Oakville office operational and there's actually people working there even if it's super slow.

I'm looking at the submission form, is it $34 CAD to fedex back 7 books to you? Any other hidden charges I need to be concerned about?

no extra fees when going through CBCS Canada - all the customs or brokerage stuff goes away!
Not sure on the return charges - for me CanPar is the cheaper option and of course I try to do batches in multiples of 5 to "reduce" the per book shipping - 7 books is same as 10!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
My last order went ShipToCanada on March 11th. Based on the previous ShipToCanada time of roughly 2 months, that would put us at inside of 2 weeks before I see those glorious books. Gosh, I am excited.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Seeing a lot of new faces here, its.nice!!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
All I know is it's kind of ridiculous at this point
Invoice says submitted
Dashboard says processing
Email said last week it was being finalized

At this stage I find it hard to believe anything
Post 23 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Invoice says submitted

Processing is not a status. It will say Processing from the time its Received to the point of Shipped.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector MrWiggalz private msg quote post Address this user
HELLS YES!! 6-1/2 weeks of worrying and BAM!!!

[We are happy to notify you that your CBCS submission has been received by the CBCS Receiving Department

We will send you email updates as the order moves along through the process.]

So, shipping to CBCS Canada takes approx 6.5 weeks to get to the processing stage once they receive it in Ontario. Honestly a huge worrying weight was just lifted off my shoulders today. It's a good day now, lol.

TIME TO SHIP MORE!! WOOO!!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Feels like I've been stuck in labels for weeks....Order from December 30th.

Another Order sent to CBCS Canada on March 27th still "Submitted"...

Both via Canada...
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Silverado private msg quote post Address this user
It seems that ShipToCanada is currently a 2 month process. Have any Canadian slabbers sent direct to Dallas recently? Do you get your books back any faster?
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Paulbg2000 @Silverado yup....my March 10th order took 7 weeks to show as processing
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Invoice says submitted

Processing is not a status. It will say Processing from the time its Received to the point of Shipped.
this is the first time it said processing, before it stated grading for 3 weeks
Post 29 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Every day I log into my dashboard to see if the "processing" status has changed since they've received my books, and it hasn't since February 4th.

Today, just for fun, I clicked the link to the order which expands the list of books submitted, and I noticed the books have changed from being "Received" to "Grading"!

I have no idea WHEN this took place.

Regardless, I'm happy to see movement
Post 30 IP   flag post
600882 999 30