Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

UK Comic weeklies and Tabloids14472

Collector comixfan59 private msg quote post Address this user
So I saw a few mentions on International Comics and a couple expired topics but no mention of the British weekly titles printed oversized and on Cheap Pulp paper. I have been collecting some for a while now and recently acquired a run of Spider-Man weekly reprints from 1970-73 starting with the 1st Mysterio, Kraven and Goblin as well as several other 1st appearances. They have some cool if at times Tacky production values and trippy ads as well as new art and sometimes new covers and lots of Pin Ups and such.
Thought everyone might get a kick out of seeing them. I also have tons of the Horror and Conan including 1st Ghost Rider and Blade in the Dracula Lives Weekly. Then there are the Captain Britain weeklies.

Anyone else collect the weeklies?

Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have a handful of the British Spider-Man Comics Weekly books and some Pocket-Sized books too. I only have scans of a few of them right now.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the Marvel weeklies and some other weeklies that I have acquired. I don't really collect them, but I have bought them when I ran across them. For me, the joy in collecting foreign comics is the thrill of finding something different. Whether it's a different format, paper, language or even cover art, it intrigues me.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector vision6797 private msg quote post Address this user
I came across a couple of Captain Britain, #s 26 and 27

Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned the rest of my British Spideys.

Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo its amazing how even cropping the cover art differently can effect the feel of a cover. That Spider-Man Weekly 57 looks more awesome to me than the ASM 59!! And I just noticed that there are guns on the UK cover, but not on the American!!!

Edit, plus the UK colorist did a better job imo.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O - I agree, the UK version looks better, and I never noticed the gun differences before - nice catch!
Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

I wonder... is there an Avengers title featuring the Teen Titans?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
have a few in this series as well as the original series

Post 14 IP   flag post
@KatKomics awesome! If you have #s 12 and 13 hang on to em. this is the series to get (pic below) if you can find it. Super good

Post 15 IP   flag post
601256 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?