Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Came across these 2 in my daily searches. First time in a long time I’ve been something over a 9.0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384111364916

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294131045190
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous books but heavily over priced ouch
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Gorgeous books but heavily over priced ouch

Those are sky high!
Post 3 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I guess the prices aren't that much crazier than the prices of so many other books these days.

Still a book that I'd love to add to my PC and those are beautiful copies. To rich for my blood though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town

Overpriced? On this I would disagree, I think we’re not accustomed of seeing this high grade of a book listed in this new market. There’s only 94 blue copies at 9.0 or higher.

She hits the mark with a good show or movie and it’ll be lights out on the price.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
And how long will this market last for?
Indefinitely?
We'll see, it's going to be interesting to watch in the future.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
@Darkseid_of_town

Overpriced? On this I would disagree, I think we’re not accustomed of seeing this high grade of a book listed in this new market. There’s only 94 blue copies at 9.0 or higher.

She hits the mark with a good show or movie and it’ll be lights out on the price.

Over priced given the lack of solid information regarding a movie,series, any casting or so forth.

I am the last one you have to convince of Zatanna's appeal and how under rated her books are......
But take a 5.5 on GPA by example. Closed out last year at 600, highest of the 15 copies in that grade sold. This year, two sales in 5.5....a 680 in February and 1500 in March!
Two and a half times as much in a single month....and no verifiable word of a movie, actress or even a decent rumor.

Meantime this month a 7.0 sold for....2299 .

If and when we do get word, you are right, that one is headed up hard and fast...I am just surprised its going already without any confirmable information
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

Two and a half times as much in a single month....and no verifiable word of a movie, actress or even a decent rumor.

Meantime this month a 7.0 sold for....2299 .

If and when we do get word, you are right, that one is headed up hard and fast...I am just surprised its going already without any confirmable information

This was posted on the Zatanna thread over at CGC a month ago.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/emerald-fennell-zatanna-movie-1234931976/

This was just posted.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1386474229210796032
Post 8 IP   flag post
I keep saying I hope the story they choose to do is....Zatanna's Story, about how she is trying to find her father, and reunite with him. (Zatara)

If they do that story, watch out for the original Justice league of America 51, Atom 19 , Green Lantern 42 etc. All those books will get much longer legs.

I can hardly wait for more news and solid info regarding the movie. An actress for the role, perhaps a choice of the plot, who the secondary characters are etc.

I watched them get this far with the New gods movie, choosing a directer and writer, then tabling it all recently. Heartbreaking
Post 9 IP   flag post
Personally I like JLA 51 over Atom 19 & GL 42. DC Super Stars 11 is also a great book to have but all of these books have been creeping up in price. Still very affordable when compared to Marvel keys.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The JLA 51 also has the added bonus of being the first silver age Zatara, Zatanna on the cover, and being integral to her entire story
Post 11 IP   flag post
I also prefer the JLA 51 of the GL and the Atom book.

I have 1 copy of DC Superstars 11 and am always searching for high grade copies.
Post 12 IP   flag post
That Dc superstars book isnt "creeping" up in price either...it went from being a quarter bin dweller to pretty spendy fast!!! I have always hoarded Zatanna books including multiple copies and continue...I guess on the theory that sooner or later I have to guess right about something.

All its going to take is for someone to say...wow Zatanna is the Scarlet witch of the DC universe, and whoosh
Post 13 IP   flag post
Most Zatanna books saw an increase after the movie announcement a month or so back. Her books, and related Justice League Dark, 1st appearances were on the verge of taking off and saw a slow and steady increase in price the last couple years or so. The DC Superstar book hasn't been a quarter bin book in years since that was always one of her key cover appearance even the book itself were just reprints of earlier appearances.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Some exciting times....I think if you like Zatanna its going to get fun soon
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
You would have to be crazy not to like Zatanna, why do you think Darrin stuck it out with Samantha on Bewitched?
Found a (probably) 2.0 Hawkman 4 at a antique mall for $3 about 3 years ago, my first ever pick up like that in the wild. Had to look through 200 unbagged crappy comics to find it, and carry it without a board and bag most of the night carousing as it was my birthday, but it made it! It was popular.
Even back then I never ran across one for a comfortable price, now I just couldn’t do it at those prices.
Post 16 IP   flag post

One of my favorite corners in my collection....Zatanna is quite well known here.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'd be very surprised if they decide to keep her in that outfit if she ever appears in the movies or TV.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Given that even the Serinda Swan version used a more modernized take on her costume I would think thats probably true....although I do think they will create a look for her that manages to incorportate the feel of her old look as well

Post 19 IP   flag post

Post 20 IP   flag post
598060 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?