Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Fraudulent CBCS Case??14467

Collector buildingsbreeding private msg quote post Address this user
I received a graded 9.6 comic today, but one of the sides on top and bottom are blank and missing the cbcs logo. All of my graded CBCS comics, new and old have them. Can I assume this comic was tampered with?
Post 1 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Pic? and welcome 😁
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Image?
Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post
sorry, forgot to add photos, there they are
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
So two of the four clips are missing? Are they on the same side? Also, is it one of the slabs where the heat seal runs through the label?
Post 6 IP   flag post
You can also run the certification number and see if the notes match the book.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Please show more pictures of the front and back in it's entirety. Based on what I'm seeing, someone has tampered with the case, since there should be two more CBCS clear plastic tabs that are missing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
You can also run the certification number and see if the notes match the book.

the notes match the book, the slab is not missing tabs, two of them are just blank. The heat seal only slightly runs through the label.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Please show more pictures of the front and back in it's entirety. Based on what I'm seeing, someone has tampered with the case, since there should be two more CBCS clear plastic tabs that are missing.

tabs are not missing, just two are blank, I'll get some more photos
Post 10 IP   flag post

Post 11 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I looked at a comic in my collection that has the same label. No heat seal at all continuing through the label other than a stripe to the left of the CBCS logo. All the tabs have the CBCS logo though, although it is one of the ugliest looking 9.6s I've ever seen, now that I've shined the light on the comic at the proper angles.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
As mentioned, check the grader notes at CBCS, see if they match the book.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders That is the first CBCS label and those did not have the heat seal. I have a few books from those early days but they all say CBCS on the clips. I'm not necessarily convinced that its illegitimate yet. I wouldn't be surprised if some clips didn't have the lettering so hopefully someone at CBCS, like say @SteveRicketts could tell us if some clips went out like that in the old days.

I've looked at one (of four) clip on most of my cases and haven't found a blank one yet...though I did find one book with a broken clip. Not sure what happened. It was a book I summitted and might have taken a bump in the couple of years I've owned it. Oh well, I guess I'm adding a reholder to my next order
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
although it is one of the ugliest looking 9.6s I've ever seen, now that I've shined the light on the comic at the proper angles.

same, most of the reason i was wondering if it'd been switched out. alot of 9.6's these days are dead ringers for 9.8. this comic however not the case. All of the grader notes seem to match.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@flanders That is the first CBCS label and those did not have the heat seal. I have a few books from those early days but they all say CBCS on the clips. I'm not necessarily convinced that its illegitimate yet. I wouldn't be surprised if some clips didn't have the lettering so hopefully someone at CBCS, like say @SteveRicketts could tell us if some clips went out like that in the old days.

I've looked at one (of four) clip on most of my cases and haven't found a blank one yet...

all of mine have cbcs tabs, I own 10 different cases with different labels graded throughout the years, it's weird. This is the first i've received to not have 4.
Post 16 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
That's one of the early clips. There were three different versions. The second one wasn't used very long.

Version 1 has the logo upside down and on one side.

Version 2 has the logo upside down and on both sides. This one was used only for a few weeks before it was replaced.

Version 3 has the logo right side up and on both sides.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
That's one of the early clips. There were three different versions. The second one wasn't used very long.

Version 2 has the logo upside down and on both sides. This one was used only for a few weeks before it was replaced.

Hey Steve, thanks for the reply, makes me feel good to know there has been no funny business
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

just to confirn, 2 of the clips would be blank?
Post 19 IP   flag post
My X-Men 7 was one of the first books CBCS graded. If you look at the top, the left hand tab is blank and the right hand has an upside down CBCS. If you flip it upside down, the left hand side has a right side up CBCS and the right hand side is blank.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
My X-Men 7 was one of the first books CBCS graded. If you look at the top, the left hand tab is blank and the right hand has an upside down CBCS. If you flip it upside down, the left hand side has a right side up CBCS and the right hand side is blank.

awesome, that is exactly what is happening with this book. Thanks everyone. I can now feel good about my purchase.
Post 21 IP   flag post
601260 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?