Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Edited @GAC

So not wanting to hijack some other thread, I wanted to give a shoutout to @BrianGreensnips

When I first saw your new your new avatar a few days ago and each time since, it takes me back to my younger days. I inspired me to change my avatar to one that is more emblematic of who I am as both a comic collector and music listener, and has me running music in the background while working again, so thanks!

Rush was my favorite group at that time (replacing Kiss who replaced The Beatles), but was ultimately supplanted by Joe Satriani, who was temporarily passed by Linkin Park then Imagine Dragons.

I also like to listen to Roy Orbison, Charlie Daniels Band, John Williams, Beach Boys, The Cars, Sheryl Crow, etc, so I have an eclectic taste in music. But, if I were to force ghost today it is:

1st Joe Satriani
2nd Rush
3rd Linkin Park
4th Imagine Dragons
5th Nickelback

If anyone else want to use this as a shoutout thread, have at it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
edit: Lots of cool bands there!!

Saw Joe and Rush live (seperately)...great shows!! Love the Beach Boys and the Cars too!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I like the idea!!! Looks I’ll be switching my avatar as well!!! I want it to show the art that I do!!! Shout out to BrianGreensnips!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I meant that I started this thread as opposed to making the comment in @brianGreenships Matt Baseball thread or in the Music I am currently listening to thread.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@GAC I meant that I started this thread as opposed to making the comment in @brianGreenships Matt Baseball thread or in the Music I am currently listening to thread.

Yup...I re-read your post and realized I erred.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@GAC Nope, I was lacking in my verbiage and have edited.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator #5 Nickleback? I didn't know that was something people admit in public.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Scifinator #5 Nickleback? I didn't know that was something people admit in public.
@EbayMafia - I knew that was coming, I just didn't know who from. I did say eclectic.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Edited @GAC

So not wanting to hijack some other thread, I wanted to give a shoutout to @BrianGreensnips

When I first saw your new your new avatar a few days ago and each time since, it takes me back to my younger days. I inspired me to change my avatar to one that is more emblematic of who I am as both a comic collector and music listener, and has me running music in the background while working again, so thanks!

Rush was my favorite group at that time (replacing Kiss who replaced The Beatles), but was ultimately supplanted by Joe Satriani, who was temporarily passed by Linkin Park then Imagine Dragons.

I also like to listen to Roy Orbison, Charlie Daniels Band, John Williams, Beach Boys, The Cars, Sheryl Crow, etc, so I have an eclectic taste in music. But, if I were to force ghost today it is:

1st Joe Satriani
2nd Rush
3rd Linkin Park
4th Imagine Dragons
5th Nickelback

If anyone else want to use this as a shoutout thread, have at it.

Surfing with an Alien is a great album. Great choice. I was tired of looking at my green pair of snips.

Rush
Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Megadeth
Iron Maiden.
My top 5. Rock on!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Oh Oh Oh Ohhhh! @sborock - Maybe, just maybe you can and might be interested in private signing event for John Byrne, Tom Palmer...and Joe Satriani due to his Silver Surfer V2 #1 panel swipe for his Surfing with the Alien album cover. If not this year, maybe early next year as a 40th year anniversary. That is a signing that I would definitely partake in. Maybe that is a tall ask. Maybe I am just Flying in a Blue Dream.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Joe Satriani, my favorite musician.
Silver Surfer, my favorite comic character.
Silver Surfer V2 #1, one of my top 3 favorite comic covers.
John Byrne, my favorite all around Comic talent.
CBCS, my favorite comic certification and pressing company.

I mean, that signing event would make that comic my new grail.

Oh, cr@p! I just hijacked my own thread.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Joe Satriani, my favorite musician.
Silver Surfer, my favorite comic character.
Silver Surfer V2 #1, one of my top 3 favorite comic covers.
John Byrne, my favorite all around Comic talent.
CBCS, my favorite comic certification and pressing company.

I mean, that signing event would make that comic my new grail.

Oh, cr@p! I just hijacked my own thread.

@Scifinator You sound like an emotional wreck, lol. This idea of dovetailing all your passions in one event seems to have you swooning.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - what can I say, I’m a Zealot!

Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Those 3 musicians from Toronto are at the top of the artistic chain... that's for sure.

Staying within the Canada theme, any love for Sarah Mclachlan? (Please don't shoot me, I do love her music tremendously). I guess that's eclectic????
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator

Dude!

I always think it’s cool you’re a huge fan of Surfing with the Alien!

That tape stayed in my tape player for a good 6 months solid, only to be replaced by And Justice for All.

It was an amazing album.

I think I might need to listen to the Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing now...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I used the song Echo from the Surfing with an Alien album for the music in a video I made recently to show off our lab facility at the college I work at. It was well received especially by the Dean.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
As a young man, i loved all things loud, the louder the better (hated disco) but as I got older I decided to give other music a go and found that I really enjoyed the differences and had a lot of opportunity to listen to the different types of music. I enjoy Debbie Deb-when I hear music,Bee Gees, Kiss,Dio, Iron Maiden, Styx, ELO,Sarah Mclachlan, Bob Seger, UFO, Ramones, Muse, Bruce Springsteen,Depeche Mode, Rush, Triumph, My Chemical Romance.

When I saw this my head wanted to explode and spew all the bands and music that I love that I don't get a change to listen too because life is too busy now a days.

This is my top 5 and boy was this way harder than I thought it would be.

Queen
Blondie
UFO
Metallica
Van Halen
Post 17 IP   flag post
@sportshort - seems like someone has access to my sirius/xm favorites list. I change stations when in my car for alerts on almost all of them.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator, that's funny but back in the days of open file sharing (before the government made it illegal, it took a long time) I downloaded over 1000 songs, I'm sure i was a small fish even with that number. So I had to stop from typing bands, I figured people would get bored with my post or pass out. Glad I'm not the only one that loves all types of music.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, if we are talking top 5 bands, that will be tough.

In no particular order:

David Bowie
Metallica
Faith No More
Nine Inch Nails

Currently Cake.

That 5 can change depending on mood.

The best thing about Surfing With the Alien was seeing two of my loves combined: hard rock and comics. Hell yeah!!

I think if I could be any hero, it would be the surfer.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to change it up slightly, if it's alright.

Top 5 favorite albums (if stranded on a desert island with electricity and a CD player)

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Megadeth - Rust In Peace

My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade

Favorite comic book artist - John Buscema (Conan done right)
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Top 5?! This was a challenge.

1. Tool
2. Pearl Jam
3. The Black Keys
4. Biffy Clyro
5. Silversun Pickups.

Best live shows for me were Tool; Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins; Radiohead and Stone Temple Pilots.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie

I think if I could be any hero, it would be the surfer.

I think the permanent metal underwear would be a non-starter for me. But otherwise sure.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, I decided to change my avatar because of this thread. LOL
Post 24 IP   flag post
Shoutout to Joe Satriani and the release of issue 1 of 5 of the Crystal Planet comic book.

direct link

CREATED BY: Joe Satriani, Ned Evett
WRITER: Tony Lee
ILLUSTRATOR: Richard Friend
COLOR: Carlos Cabrera
LETTERS: Jacob Bascle
EDITOR: Llexi Leon
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Ok, I decided to change my avatar because of this thread. LOL

@Briangreensnips = trendsetter w/Scifinator as the Zealot sidekick.
🤪
Post 26 IP   flag post
Mail call!!!

@sborock - now about that private signing...😉
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite band is the ‘Deftones’ (Diamond Eyes is a masterpiece, it’s a great starting point for new listeners).

My top 4 otherwise is difficult.

The band that formed my musical taste the most is definitely ‘Van Halen’. My Dad used to play their self-titled album on repeat when we would go for drives together.

I’ve been on a Pop Punk kick lately though, and as far as influences go, I’d be remiss not to include ‘Blink-182’.

Then I’d say ‘The Police’ are a group I can listen to constantly.

And while they’re hit & miss, ‘Death Cab For Cutie’ still releases some lyrically biting music from time to time. I like ‘Incubus’ a lot, but compared to ‘Death Cab’, it’s sad to say, they haven’t released a good album in about a decade.

Honorable mentions:
Staind
Tool
NIN
Metallica
Social Distortion
Bad Religion
And perhaps seemingly out of place, Phil Collins.
Post 28 IP   flag post
598002 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?