Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Ladies roll call! we locked it! no women found :(14429

Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
Can all the ladies give a shout out? And maybe our avatars can match our sex or whatever we identify as? Is that bad? Seems it’s all guys. Not there’s anything wrong with that - but I'd like a woman’s perspective on characters, collecting.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
A woman's prospective what?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers

Prospective perspective, or perhaps a non-patriarchal personality?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Gonna go out on a limb and say not many ladies in the comic collecting world.....
Post 5 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be shocked if there was more than 3.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Looking for love in all the wrong places. robo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
on where your favorite characters, stories are going. Your thoughts on pricing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Prospective perspective, or perhaps a non-patriarchal personality?

Naw, just thought getting some women in the mix would be cool - maybe dumb on my part. Seems more story lines are attempting to target women - I'd like to hear from some comic collecting women. I know women collect and like comics. And I keep thinking maybe It's a women with some avatars but nope.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme

Is that you!? Finally a woman. Damn, that's is a gun! And a Punisher collector.
Post 9 IP   flag post
So not a one? Ouch, guys not too cool. One you guys has to ran into a women on here. She'd be like a unicorn I imagine - so best behavior if you do. And I'm speaking to myself mostly. Though I may have already run her off with my creepy post. Alone too much.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme Do you do any convention Cosplay in that outfit? If so, where?
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Not yet but I want to go. Went as a kid but was hunting numbers to complete runs back then. Think I want to do a bald character - I shave my head - bullseye maybe? Collected Daredevil and the murder of electra was heavy - frank miller fan too so. Though no spandex even Thor can't pull that off. You got an idea for other bald characters? I'm in New Orleans so conventions are here - mayor has city on lockdown sort of - just new to getting back into comics again. But not as into superhero stories - like I last read all of Scalped. Liked it a lot. EbayMafia not that it matters are you a female? lol feel like I'm a trigger. Sorry. You do cosplay? And just saying not to you but if I bring a date to a convention. It Would be fun to go with an Electra. Odd couple.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Gonna go out on a limb and say not many ladies in the comic collecting world.....

And for anyone wondering why...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo
Quote:

Post 14 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia Quote:
Sorry man I am out of it. Didn't read your post correctly.
Post 15 IP   flag post
lol yeah that'll do it. They call this being Ghosted.
Post 16 IP   flag post
and no, @comicsforme is very much a man and the fact that something like that was posted almost immediately is part of my point
Post 17 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I would venture to say that there are females on the forum, but posting may be limited or they are "lurkers". My assumption is that the vast majority of us on the forum are male.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Yeah, I think you, I and @Robo are all calling him out for it, each in our own way. Some more subtle than others.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
My wife has a nice Black Cat collection. No AR-15 though.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

And for anyone wondering why...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo
Quote:

(I wonder why it is allowed to remain up).

Maybe it is the "." threads that get started too?

Neither of those might run off potential female posters. Yet they are allowed.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I don’t stick around to see where they go but the “.” threads are often threads a user started then later wanted to get rid of. One, for example was changed to a “.” after it was pointed out that it was essentially a duplicate thread. I think I did it to a thread where I asked for help to find a certain comic but only ended up raising awareness of its existence and making more competition for myself ☹️
Post 22 IP   flag post
Oh well - that didn't turn out how I thought it would - but had a poor prospective right from the start.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I don’t stick around to see where they go but the “.” threads are are often threads a user wanted to get rid of. One, for example was changed to a “.” after it was pointed out that it was essentially a duplicate thread. I think I did it to a thread where I asked for help to find a certain comic but only ended up raising awareness of its existence and making more competition for myself ☹️

And often times that is just an unsubtle cover. They really don't fool anyone.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Great thread! I learned alot
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Great thread! I learned alot
Cool! Can ya explain it to me.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@robo homina homina homina.... ummm... ummmm... ummmm... it's obvious!!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
@robo homina homina homina.... ummm... ummmm... ummmm... it's obvious!!!
Was just joking - cheers!
Post 28 IP   flag post
@robo oh I know... I was myself
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Actually I believe there is a female user who pops in on occasion....

@WonderWoman(something)

I'm assuming by the user's avatar.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600771 31 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.