Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeGrading Help Needed

Grading Question Amazing Spider-Man # 1714424

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Grading Question Amazing Spider-Man # 17

Pictures are at the bottom:

I was hunting through some boxes and I came across a copy of ASM # 17 that I bought several years ago.

It is a nice looking book aside from two major flaws.

1. "Yea Spidey" written in marker on the back cover
2. 2" x 2" has been cut out from the top left corner of the letters from fans page in not any part of the story is missing.

Is there any chance that this book would get a better grade than 0.5 if I sent it in to CBCS?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Because the book presents well in general, I'm guessing a 2.0-1.8 with the missing piece and writing noted on the label. Curious what others think.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I always thought .5 was designated for a missing page(s). I'm in agreement with @MatterEaterLad I think your looking at 2.0 at best but I'm more inclined to think 1.5 or 1.8.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
goblins eyes have been colored in
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Probably a 1.8.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited

Good catch
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited

It might be the least of my problems but I was so distracted by the other issues that I missed it.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600861 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?