Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Official Teaser Trailer14408

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Simu Liu is awesome - loved him in Kims Convenience and look forward to his success in this role!!!

Heart broken that the creative team behind Kims called it quits despite being renewed for another season...so much left undone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
Just imagine if it was in your power to pass on this movie!

That'll be me. Now if the dad from Kims Convenience was in it I would have to watch. Maybe he will show up at the tournament and yell "You can do better!"
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Looks very cool! Really what to see this and it's going to be hard to wait until September!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Nchatzi7 private msg quote post Address this user
nice
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia The dad is pretty hilarious in Kim's Convenience.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips @EbayMafia @Hcanes I always forget that you guys get some of our shows!!

Kims has long been a favorite - loved seeing the dad in Mandalorian!!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@BrianGreensnips @EbayMafia @Hcanes I always forget that you guys get some of our shows!!

My dad grew up in Ontario and I have spent a lot time in Canada over the years. I feel connected to a lot of things there to this day.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I have to thank Netflix. Mr. Chin was one of my favorite supporting characters. Especially when he would talk about Ginger 😂
Post 32 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
question for all the Shang Chi fans. Is it THIS good?

Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
I think it goes over 10K and will only go up.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG
I think it goes over 10K and will only go up.

Would anyone here be a buyer at that price? I have never spent more than $3000 on a comic and really don't plan on doing so in the future.

Is $7000 no longer a lot of money? I know for me it is kind of a lot. I am amazed that a simple movie trailer can create such enormous value.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I paid less than $100 for my 8.0 a few years ago.

I let it go in a trade. Wish I still had it now.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Back in 2016..

my 3rd submission ever was..

I don't care that it was a 5.5, I just wanted that book in my collection..

As the story goes..

The year was March 2016. My friend John Saiz and I had driven across town to pick up the Moon Knight Variant (#1) from the John Lemire run. We saw that the comic store had Moon Knight Volume 1 #1-10 all newsstand editions for $30. I was torn because I was searching high and low for "Marvel Special Edition #15" which happens to be the 1st appearance of #ShangChi and we were hoping we would find it there at that store...

John Saiz kept telling me to listen to reason, save my money and wait till I found the Special Edition, but I could not find Special Edition 15 at that store. so I bought the Moon Knight books. A couple weeks go by and I finally found a seller in Portland who sold me this copy for $25. As soon as I got it in the mail I sent it to get graded. 5.5 is the grade. I'm cool with it. I wanted this book in my collection. Shang Chi doesn't have t-shirts, or cool memorabilia made up for him, and prior to this year you probably never heard of him but for the last 5 years I have been saying, Shang Chi is coming.

Anyways 5 years later, here we are. Disney Marvel movie made.. This book at this grade is currently selling for $600+ minimum.

Not a bad investment.. But I'm not selling my book. I have a small emotional attachment to Shang Chi as a character.

I gravitate towards oddball heroes many people never heard of.. Moon Knight, Carol Danvers, Moon Girl, Lunaella Lafayette, Riri Williams, Jessica Cruz, Jo Mullein (I can't wait to see a team up of Jessica Cruz and Jo Mullein). Cindy Moon .. Even the Strange Academy and New Agents of Atlas.. I'm pretty sure all these characters are headed for stardom..
Post 37 IP   flag post
598096 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?