Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ask questions here without starting a whole new thread14403

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Some idiot put a political flyer on my windshield and it melted. Now I have a huge mess. I called the number on flyer and reported the problem but in the event they don't do squat, what's the easiest way to remove stuff from glass?

WD-40 and a razor blade. If you don't have WD-40, spray it with Windex and let it sit a few minutes, then use the razor blade.
Post 451 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte missed that answer.

Funny because I have an FJ with (I believe) the same cruise control indicator. Shows how often I use cruise control.

On the other question try goo gone. It is handy stuff to have available generally for adhesive removal etc
Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Not the seat covers I would have picked. Everyone has different styles and that's what makes the world go 'round.
Post 453 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater
Not my vehicle exactly. It's my father's. It's just titled in my name.

So yeah, my seat covers are black and grey neoprene.
Post 454 IP   flag post
Quote:
black and grey neoprene.

Oh, so many uses...
Post 455 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
lol that pic look like a lady in a working armless frock and she has her back to us with black hair, but it's a seat and seat cover now I can see. 😅
Post 456 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
black and grey neoprene.

Oh, so many uses...

Yes. Waterproof being the most important. Or valet butt sweat resistant.....
Post 457 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
lol that pic look like a lady in a working armless frock and she has her back to us with black hair, but it's a seat and seat cover now I can see. 😅

You internet sleuths have waaaaay too much free time
Post 458 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

You internet sleuths have waaaaay too much free time

I knew those seat covers were gonna take some heat. Was just waiting to see who had the balls to do it, lol.
Post 459 IP   flag post
You should see my dads hat when he used to cut the lawn. His fashion sense would have left the entire forum in stitches.....
Post 460 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else have a Not Secure Alert issue when going to the CBCS forum page? Since last week when I am at school, my laptop displays this message “Your connection is not private” and it will not let me access the forum. It has no problem with the home page, and I can get here (the forum) on my phone. Could someone at CBCS check to see if they need to update the date on their SSL certificate for the forum?
Post 461 IP   flag post
I haven't seen the message across several platforms.
Post 462 IP   flag post
Forum Tech mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Anyone else have a Not Secure Alert issue when going to the CBCS forum page? Since last week when I am at school, my laptop displays this message “Your connection is not private” and it will not let me access the forum. It has no problem with the home page, and I can get here (the forum) on my phone. Could someone at CBCS check to see if they need to update the date on their SSL certificate for the forum?

Forum tech support here... is there a particular link that you click on that prompts this message or does it show up when you try to log in? Which browser are you using? Thanks for any extra info to help me troubleshoot.

I am wondering if the issue stems from the main CBCS site, the forum, or the connection between the two. Thanks again.

Oh, and I guess there is another scenario where the browser (local to your device) does not fetch the new SSL certificate. You can test this by accessing the CBCS forum in a private window and logging in/out.
Post 463 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@mikew - It first started last week. I had been using a school issued MacBook to access the site with no problem for a few years using Google Chrome. I can get to the main/home page for CBCS, then have the problem when I try to go to the forum.
So I just tried it again on the same computer using Safari. Here’s the message I got” Safari can’t verify the identity of the website “forum.cbcscomics.com”. The certificate for this website is invalid. You might be connecting to a website that is pretending to be “forum.cbcscomics.com”, which could put your confidential information at risk. Would you like to connect to the website anyway?”
When you click on the certificate it says” forum.cbcscomics.com, Issued by: R3, Expires Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 4:26:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, X This certificate is not valid (expired root)”
Hope that helps.
Post 464 IP   flag post
Forum Tech mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Odd question but can you verify that the date/time is correct on the MacBook?

The other thing I'm seeing is that older devices that have not been updated in a long time might not recognize the latest SSL certificate:

"Some older devices won’t ever trust [the certificate after September 30th] because they don’t get software updates (for example, an iPhone 4 or an HTC Dream)," according to https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/

Millions and millions of web sites rely on Let's Encrypt for their SSL certificate so my hope is that there's a software patch or some other viable solution besides forcing all users to update their devices.

If you are able to update your devices in the meantime that should solve the problem too. In any case,
I am going to investigate this issue and I will report back in 24 hours.
Post 465 IP   flag post
Followup.

Took another call but they came out and cleaned the windshield. I wished them luck on campaign.
Post 466 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Followup.

Took another call but they came out and cleaned the windshield. I wished them luck on campaign.

👍
Post 467 IP   flag post
Quote:
Followup.

You gave them your home address and waited for someone to come out as opposed to cleaning it off yourself?
Post 468 IP   flag post
@DrWatson

They already have my address because I voted. But yes because I had surgery on my foot and am still weak on the foot. My dad is mid 80s and can't even open a bottle of visine he is so weak. So yeah, what might take you 15 minutes might take a hell of a lot longer for me.
Post 469 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to give a shout out to my new best friends for letting me buy books from them: @Darkseid of town
And @Flanders
Thanks guys love the books and the freebie @Flanders
Post 470 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DrWatson

They already have my address because I voted. But yes because I had surgery on my foot and am still weak on the foot. My dad is mid 80s and can't even open a bottle of visine he is so weak. So yeah, what might take you 15 minutes might take a hell of a lot longer for me.

No need to defend… seemed reasonable.
Post 471 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew
@esaravo Odd question but can you verify that the date/time is correct on the MacBook?

The other thing I'm seeing is that older devices that have not been updated in a long time might not recognize the latest SSL certificate:

"Some older devices won’t ever trust [the certificate after September 30th] because they don’t get software updates (for example, an iPhone 4 or an HTC Dream)," according to https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/

Millions and millions of web sites rely on Let's Encrypt for their SSL certificate so my hope is that there's a software patch or some other viable solution besides forcing all users to update their devices.

If you are able to update your devices in the meantime that should solve the problem too. In any case,
I am going to investigate this issue and I will report back in 24 hours.

The date is correct on the MacBook. Since I can access the forum on other computers, it is probably that the MacBook is old (I have had it for 10 years) and is not updating (it is running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6). I still use it because it has a disc drive and most importantly, has all my older class files that are in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The school now issues Chromebooks to all students, so no MS apps - just all the Google crap - Classroom, Slides, Meet, Drive, etc.
Post 472 IP   flag post
@esaravo

On a different note, you may want to clone the drive in the event tbe hard drive passes. Reinstalling apps is a pain if they are old and even worse if you don't have installation disks....
Post 473 IP   flag post
@Bronte - Good idea, Mark. I should save all that school stuff on the Mac to an external drive. I have done it in the past, but not in the last several years.
Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Could someone from CBCS release the grader notes for order 21-0562EF9

I got this back last week and it's still in ship to Canada status. When anyone has a free second....Thanks

@Darryl_H or someone else
Post 475 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
How is the CBCS cleaning service at getting out minor color touch?
Post 476 IP   flag post
CBCS doesn't do restoration removal. Just pressing
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
I recently purchased my first book with a signature on the cover. When I send it in, will a pressing have any effect on the signature?
Post 478 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhuman
I recently purchased my first book with a signature on the cover. When I send it in, will a pressing have any effect on the signature?

It shouldn't. Books with signatures have been pressed without an issue. But I believe it depends on what they used to sign with. if it's pen ink, Sharpie's or the like, you should be fine.
Post 479 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhuman

It shouldn't. Books with signatures have been pressed without an issue. But I believe it depends on what they used to sign with. if it's pen ink, Sharpie's or the like, you should be fine.

Thanks. It appears to be sharpie.
Post 480 IP   flag post
597965 961 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.