Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaz13
Blueberry Bread Pudding
Made this tonight, it tasted so good I almost forgot to take a picture before it was half gone. First time making and was perfectly crusty on top and gooey in center. Super easy recipe if anyone wants it.

Wow, that looks quite... well done.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson definately came out better then my Coca-Cola Chicken
Post 202 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@enaz13 ironically I had a blueberry crumble last night, I didn't cook it the mother in-law did 😃
Post 203 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaz13
@DrWatson definately came out better then my Coca-Cola Chicken

Dessert always comes out better.
Post 204 IP   flag post
@southerncross I think blueberries make any dessert awesome!
Post 205 IP   flag post

Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Late night supper....roast beef sandwich with spring onions, strong cup of coffee and a Henri Winterman Half Corona cigar

Post 206 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Teriyaki Chicken thighs & broccoli.

Post 207 IP   flag post
Made a Blueberry Dutch Baby for wife for breakfast today, turned out okay for first try.

Post 208 IP   flag post
I've never made a blueberry one. That does look good. As the name implies, they can be fussy.
Post 209 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Any tips for mastering it? The edge crust wasn't as crisp as thought would be.
Post 210 IP   flag post
Did you pre-heat the iron skillet?
Post 211 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Just ate the Hand breaded chicken biscuit from Hardee's... very meh.
Post 212 IP   flag post
@DrWatson yeah..put in the batter once the butter started to smoke..then put into oven at 425 for 20 mins..was thinking have less butter/ slightly longer oven time
Post 213 IP   flag post
You are getting extra moisture from the blueberries.
Post 214 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Smoking ribs with some cherry wood from my tree out back.

I used my Dads rub recipe, for anybody that’s smokes, it goes well on anything
6 Tab Sugar
2 Tab Brown sugar
4 Tab Salt
4 Tab Cumin
4 Tab Black pepper
4 Tab Chili powder
8 Tab Paprika
2 Tea Garlic powder
This recipe will cover 2 6-8lb pork shoulders
Post 215 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
The past week I've had a hankering for a big batch of American Goulash.

Ground beef (96/4), elbow mac, petite diced tomatoes/sauce, beef broth, chopped onion/peppers, garlic, blah blah blah....

For me, toasted breads (french/garlic) are a main staple with dishes such as spaghetti and meat sauce, lasagna, gumbos. But with goulash, I prefer a few slices of buttered wheat bread... slightly heavy on the butter.
Post 216 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I just learned a new garlic bread recipe from brother. Apparently roasting the garlic before dicing and spreading the garlic on bread has a really nice effect. It makes the garlic kinda creamy and the bite isn't as harsh as raw garlic.
Post 217 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I just learned a new garlic bread recipe from brother. Apparently roasting the garlic before dicing and spreading the garlic on bread has a really nice effect. It makes the garlic kinda creamy and the bite isn't as harsh as raw garlic.
Hit me up for fresh garlic! lol.
Post 218 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

If you lived close by I'd love some fresh garlic. Your pix looked phenomenal.

=)
Post 219 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@HeinzDad

If you lived close by I'd love some fresh garlic. Your pix looked phenomenal.

=)

Definitely a heart-healthy crop.
Post 220 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder

I love French bread but if you don't consume it quickly it gets stale really fast. I don't know if you have a Publix grocery store by you, but I found that their Cuban bread makes a good side and is much more forgiving if you take an extra day or 2 to consume.
Post 221 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

I love French bread but if you don't consume it quickly it gets stale really fast. I don't know if you have a Publix grocery store by you, but I found that their Cuban bread makes a good side and is much more forgiving if you take an extra day or 2 to consume.

I know people who store their breads in their microwave oven... along with pretzels, chips, etc. Evidently stays fresh longer. I don't use a microwave, so I store my breads in a conventional oven which seems to help prolong freshness.
Post 222 IP   flag post
Let it go stale and make bread pudding.
Post 223 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

I know people who store their breads in their microwave oven... along with pretzels, chips, etc. Evidently stays fresh longer. I don't use a microwave, so I store my breads in a conventional oven which seems to help prolong freshness.

Knowing me, I'd turn the oven on to preheat it and forget to check it first.
Post 224 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

Knowing me, I'd turn the oven on to preheat it and forget to check it first.

I've already done that. lol
Post 225 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

I love French and sourdough pretty much same-day fresh. But I like my Baguettes a little bit aged and harder. During the lockdown we learned to slice the French Bread up for great french toast when it got stale. The stale French Toast wont get soggy in the egg wash.
Post 226 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
guess I should have taken pics of the zucchini bread we made the other day.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Some kinda slop with mashed potatoes.

Hospital food I had to beg for.....

Post 228 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte hope you're not there too long and recover quickly. That pudding looks like it might be decent.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I feel for ya!!! Been there, done that!
Post 230 IP   flag post
600807 999 30