Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I have been eating better and am starting to be a decent cook. Today I made pink salmon with spring mix and spinach drizzled in honey poppyseed dressing. It was delicious. It has only 230 calories with 23 grams of protein. I think it came out better than what I have had at some restaurants. I am happy to say that I am almost 60 pounds lighter eating like this.
Post 176 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips looks dee-lish and congrats!!
Post 177 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaz13
I tried making the Coca-Cola Chicken today and it was inedible. Somehow it wasn't sweet at all??? Had to toss it and go get burgers.

Anyone want to recount any of their cooking fails or things that didn't turn out how they thought?

Try this:

Marinate the chicken: Place the chicken in a large resealable gallon-sized plastic bag and add half of the can of cola, 2 sliced garlic cloves, 2 smashed ginger coin and 1/2 cup soy sauce. Seal the bag, put it in a rimmed dish and marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight in the refrigerator, flipping the bag periodically for even distribution of the marinade.

Make the glaze: Meanwhile, combine the sake with 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/3 cup water and the remaining 1/2 cup soy sauce, 4 sliced garlic cloves, and 2 smashed ginger coins in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes to develop flavor. Using a fork, stir the cornstarch in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the sauce. Simmer the sauce for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and add 1 teaspoon vinegar. Cool to room temperature, then strain, discarding the solids. Set aside 1/4 cup for drizzling at the end.

clickable text
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Herself made me an individual cottage pie with roast spuds and colly on the side

I'm a very plain eater but she likes her Spaghetti Bolognese with garlic bread....yuk!

I have a severe adversion to Garlic/Curry/Spice etc, actually makes my stomach churn (yeh boring I know) and when we first started living together and she wanted Garlic bread I used to get an extension lead and put the toaster out in the back garden 😂😂😂....... I'm a lot better these days.

Just had my 2nd AZ jab this morning, feeling fine and it obviously hasn't effected my appetite 👍
Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Obviously I wasn't allowed to take pictures, but just got done judging a BBQ cook off. Did the final judging on chicken, ribs, and brisket. Basically the top 15 each of over 50 teams. Free food AND I get to judge people. Think that was one of the best ways I could have spent my day.
Post 180 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan was in Dublin enjoying proper Guinness for the first time and had a bangers and mash at a pub across the road from the Hilton. Best I've ever had.

Thought a fluke and a tour guide told us of a great pub with food that was full of people. Tried their bangers and mash and it was better then the other pub.

Week in Ireland and I discovered my favorite food is made there.
Shepherds pie, Guinness pie, curry chicken.
All this in 2019, can't wait to go back.
Post 181 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Week in Ireland and I discovered my favorite food is made there

Hmmm, I know it's got to be somebody's favorite. But if you told me the Chefs in heaven were Irish I would probably pursue a life of crime.
Post 182 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross glad you enjoyed your visit and agree sometimes the simplest food is delicious 👍

@EbayMafia meeeeeeow
Post 183 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
@southerncross glad you enjoyed your visit and agree sometimes the simplest food is delicious 👍

@EbayMafia meeeeeeow

@no1lufcfan The Irish are #1 in the drink making (and drinking companion) categories. For best food I would have to go with either Chinese or Italian.
Post 184 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Cajun gumbo (chicken, sausage, chopped okra) dumped over rice, and garlic French bread of course.
Post 185 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
When I can't be bothered to really cook.
I just do a New York steak, garlic mashed potatoes and veggies.

Post 186 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Sometimes it's the simple dishes that are the healthiest. That's a good meal there. Looks like something I would put away after a 2 hour workout in the spare bedroom (gym).
Post 187 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder thanks mate. It's my staple dish when I want something tasty and I can cook it having a beer and not really think hard what I'm cooking.
Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Just smoked some ribs, cigar in hand, Jack Daniels in the glass, and STP on the turn-table. Life is good
Post 189 IP   flag post

Post 190 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

this looks great

i bbq burgers and chicken
Post 191 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Getting ready to fix chicken fajitas.
Post 192 IP   flag post
@southerncross Now we're talking. Fajitas are always a great idea.
Post 193 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster

Get them from my favorite Mexican restaurant just a 45 minutes ferry ride
Post 194 IP   flag post
Wife spoiled me and had these Australian snack foods and chocolates delivered here in the states.

Post 195 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster

Get them from my favorite Mexican restaurant just a 45 minutes ferry ride

I'm in East Texas. I can throw a rock and hit a really good Mexican Food place from almost anywhere. Also, if I'm so inclined, I can make some pretty good ones myself at the house.
Post 196 IP   flag post
@Puckster I'm in Washington state, so there are Starbucks and coffee shops on every corner. Mexican restaurants takes time to get to them.
Plus I like the ferry ride over.

Maximum compacity crowds at the soccer and a lot of fans at the baseball game tonight.
So cooked in at home.
Australian lamb chops and veggies.

Post 197 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
1st time back to a semi-local market in almost a year!! sorry no pics!

Welland market in Ontario - in my opinion one of the better markets around - has been running since 1907!!
Great local fruits and veggies, baked goods, meats, and cheeses as well!

I've been going to this market for oh...20+years. First with my Dad and Baba (grandmother) when I was in my late teens and pretty much regularly for most of the years since.
Now it's about a 30/40 minute drive and I have no direct family to visit in town (cousins only)but I still like the market.

Today I picked up some of the last of the season strawberries - passed on cucumbers (for counter top fermented pickles - too early yet!), a couple pounds of bacon from Nighs of Jarvis (best around!) as well as ground beef and butterfly pork cutlets - because I'm lazy I got some traditional ukrainian meat on a stick (normally make it myself!) -lastly some fresh cheese curds

Still the market is at like half of the vendors but that is much better than last summer - I only went 1 or 2 times last year since everything was so horrible - if this level of vendor participation stays then I'll be back every 2 or 3 weeks to stock up!!

as a treat I also picked up peameal on a bun as a breakfast sandwich!!

can't tell how much I love this market - when my son was a child they had a Santa there (real beard and classic dark red outfit) and they always had special events for the kids - when my son was like 7 or 8 he participated in an Easter egg toss competition!! once in a while other family members roll though but slowly they are passing away like my Baba, Dad and Uncle - I still hold out hope for a chance encounter with familiar faces - and I let it be known I'm there so hope springs eternal - if not it's nice seeing the familiar faces of the vendors, seeing the kids take over from their parents etc. etc.
Post 198 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Blueberry Bread Pudding
Made this tonight, it tasted so good I almost forgot to take a picture before it was half gone. First time making and was perfectly crusty on top and gooey in center. Super easy recipe if anyone wants it.

Post 199 IP   flag post
Quote:

That really looks super appetizing, makes me want a steak
Post 200 IP   flag post
Quote:
Blueberry Bread Pudding
Made this tonight, it tasted so good I almost forgot to take a picture before it was half gone. First time making and was perfectly crusty on top and gooey in center. Super easy recipe if anyone wants it.

Wow, that looks quite... well done.
Post 201 IP   flag post
@DrWatson definately came out better then my Coca-Cola Chicken
Post 202 IP   flag post
@enaz13 ironically I had a blueberry crumble last night, I didn't cook it the mother in-law did 😃
Post 203 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DrWatson definately came out better then my Coca-Cola Chicken

Dessert always comes out better.
Post 204 IP   flag post
@southerncross I think blueberries make any dessert awesome!
Post 205 IP   flag post
598060 999 30