CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Roast beef,veg and spuds fer dinner

And roast beef sandwich with spring onion on the side fer a late night supper

Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Made sweet & spicy glazed pork chops, I suck at plating but they do taste good. Going to try slicing the meat first, cooking, then tossing in the sauce in a wok next time to see if tastes even better.

Post 152 IP   flag post
I'm going to try to make Cola-Cola chicken tomorrow, has anyone every tried to make it before? I'm curious how it's going to taste.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
breakfast today was coffee and toast with marmite!!!

Only just tried marmite for the first time a few weeks ago...and I LOVE it - my go toast spread now!!
Post 154 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I had to google what marmite was, I had never heard of it. Learned something today. How would you describe what it tastes like, just curious?
Post 155 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It tastes like crap.
Post 156 IP   flag post
@DrWatson lol which one? Just realized I asked the taste of two things back to back. Guessing your talking about the coca-cola chicken.
Post 157 IP   flag post
I meant the marmite, but I just realized I was confusing it with Vegemite.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Marmite is a knock off from Vegemite.

I know I'm a bloody Australian 😜
Post 159 IP   flag post
@southerncross Then I'm sure it tastes like knock off crap.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Marmite is a knock off from Vegemite.

I know I'm a bloody Australian 😜

Would love to give Vegemite a try but we only have Marmite around here - and not that much at that!!

@enaz13 - hard to describe - has some sweetness to it but also alot of savory, salty, not quite meaty but 'umami' whatever that is! just great!! It's almost like if you put Marmite in water you could use it to replace a stock cube - but not quite, but kinda.

I've had friends from Great Britain my whole life and there are enough of them around that at least 1 or 2 of the major grocery chains always have a little British section (no need to find a specialty store)...just never bothered to try it - I've been missing out!!!
Post 161 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Think my wife buys me my Vegemite thru Amazon.

Now I wish I could buy Bundy Rum here in the states.

Last time I got some from my wife she had ordered it from overseas in Britain.
Post 162 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Salmon croquettes and linguine.
Post 163 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Post 164 IP   flag post
I tried making the Coca-Cola Chicken today and it was inedible. Somehow it wasn't sweet at all??? Had to toss it and go get burgers.

Anyone want to recount any of their cooking fails or things that didn't turn out how they thought?
Post 165 IP   flag post
I imagine that it was some sort of take on a barbecued chicken attempt.
Post 166 IP   flag post
delayed fathers day, wifes Bday and kids graduation -so we ordered in BBQ!!!

pulled pork, brisket, mac n cheese, pit beans, fries and coleslaw!!

just great!

will have enough for lunch and dinner tomorrow too!!
Post 167 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
No pics??? It didn’t happen.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Too hot to cook in Seattle, so a two minutes walk to a restaurant and had a couple of beers and coconut prawns in a sweet chili sauce.
👍
Post 169 IP   flag post
@DrWatson The recipe is basically fry chicken, then cook in coca-cola & a lil soy sauce. And it supposed to be like a sweet glaze, but there was no sweetness at all. First time in a while cooked something so bad couldn't even eat lol.
Post 170 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
No vampies around here for a while.....
Post 171 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaz13
@DrWatson The recipe is basically fry chicken, then cook in coca-cola & a lil soy sauce. And it supposed to be like a sweet glaze, but there was no sweetness at all. First time in a while cooked something so bad couldn't even eat lol.

If that's all you did to it, then no wonder it tasted like piss.
Post 172 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@enaz13 maybe give this recipe a try and follow the step by step instructions:

https://thewoksoflife.com/coca-cola-chicken-wings/

I once screwed an apple pie up and that was frustrating because I made the crusts and filling myself. In the case of wings there's far less time commitment so I'd give it another try.
Post 173 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad That is some serious garlic game you got going there. Your going to be having the garlic sweats for a while it seems.
Post 174 IP   flag post
@flanders I'm not sure it's going to be my choice to try again, it tasted so bad I don't think wife trusts me to redo it
Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

I have been eating better and am starting to be a decent cook. Today I made pink salmon with spring mix and spinach drizzled in honey poppyseed dressing. It was delicious. It has only 230 calories with 23 grams of protein. I think it came out better than what I have had at some restaurants. I am happy to say that I am almost 60 pounds lighter eating like this.
Post 176 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips looks dee-lish and congrats!!
Post 177 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaz13
I tried making the Coca-Cola Chicken today and it was inedible. Somehow it wasn't sweet at all??? Had to toss it and go get burgers.

Anyone want to recount any of their cooking fails or things that didn't turn out how they thought?

Try this:

Marinate the chicken: Place the chicken in a large resealable gallon-sized plastic bag and add half of the can of cola, 2 sliced garlic cloves, 2 smashed ginger coin and 1/2 cup soy sauce. Seal the bag, put it in a rimmed dish and marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight in the refrigerator, flipping the bag periodically for even distribution of the marinade.

Make the glaze: Meanwhile, combine the sake with 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/3 cup water and the remaining 1/2 cup soy sauce, 4 sliced garlic cloves, and 2 smashed ginger coins in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes to develop flavor. Using a fork, stir the cornstarch in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the sauce. Simmer the sauce for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and add 1 teaspoon vinegar. Cool to room temperature, then strain, discarding the solids. Set aside 1/4 cup for drizzling at the end.

clickable text
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Herself made me an individual cottage pie with roast spuds and colly on the side

I'm a very plain eater but she likes her Spaghetti Bolognese with garlic bread....yuk!

I have a severe adversion to Garlic/Curry/Spice etc, actually makes my stomach churn (yeh boring I know) and when we first started living together and she wanted Garlic bread I used to get an extension lead and put the toaster out in the back garden 😂😂😂....... I'm a lot better these days.

Just had my 2nd AZ jab this morning, feeling fine and it obviously hasn't effected my appetite 👍
Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Obviously I wasn't allowed to take pictures, but just got done judging a BBQ cook off. Did the final judging on chicken, ribs, and brisket. Basically the top 15 each of over 50 teams. Free food AND I get to judge people. Think that was one of the best ways I could have spent my day.
Post 180 IP   flag post
600650 999 30