Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Burgers with diced mushrooms, diced onions, shredded smoked gruyere, salt, pepper and smoked paprika mixed in the meat prior to cooking.

@Frontier2Xterra Hey Bro, your post got me drooling for some juicy grilled burgers tonight, but I was already in the middle of prepping my above dish. There's always tomorrow night though!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Burgers with diced mushrooms, diced onions, shredded smoked gruyere, salt, pepper and smoked paprika mixed in the meat prior to cooking.

@Frontier2Xterra Hey Bro, your post got me drooling for some juicy grilled burgers tonight, but I was already in the middle of prepping my above dish. There's always tomorrow night though!

Have it man. I love cooking / grilling. In another life I would have loved opening my own place. I absolutely love cooking and find it to be relaxing / soothing. As a gift a few years ago my sister made me this cookbook with recipes from my mother, aunts, great aunts, grandfather, and grandmother recipe lists. The picture of the recipe box is from my late mother and what she had printed and put into book form for me Just a few examples;

Post 102 IP   flag post
In the book is even a secret family recipe for the absolute best potato rolls you will ever have that's been passed down 4 generations. Not posting that and to have you need to visit with atleast 2 days notice and a bottle of scotch.
Post 103 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

Have it man. I love cooking / grilling. In another life I would have loved opening my own place. I absolutely love cooking and find it to be relaxing / soothing. As a gift a few years ago my sister made me this cookbook with recipes from my mother, aunts, great aunts, grandfather, and grandmother recipe lists. The picture of the recipe box is from my late mother and what she had printed and put into book form for me Just a few examples;

AMEN!... You ain't gonna find no better cookin' than Momma, and on down the family tree.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Copper river king salmon
Copper river sockeye salmon
Fresh Alaskan halibut.

Full on delish 👍
Post 105 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Shrimp pasta for one:

Post 106 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Grilled flank steak and grilled eggplant.

Post 107 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Made one of my favorites last night. Try it once and you may wonder why you don't see it on menus. Caeser Salad (in this case pre-made from Costco) cut up slices of salami and add boiled Rotini noodles. I call it The Super Caeser.

Bob's your uncle
Post 108 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Forgot to take pic but had smoked steaks with Normandy vegetables....
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Had a plain but nice feed of boiled bacon, steamed spuds and some cabbage for dinner followed by a grilled bacon and mushroom toastie for a late night snack

Post 110 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Corned beef made from scratch...

Edit

America test kitchen recipe fir making corned beef from a piece of brisket is zctually tasty....
Post 111 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
I like to whip up a nice Beef Wellington when I get a few minutes.

Post 112 IP   flag post
@MrNotSoNice

That looks like it took serious skill to make....
Post 113 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Just now cooking a frozen pizza, added some extra pizza sauce and cut up some pickle loaf luncheon meat to add as topping as well as added swiss and parmesan cheese & also some pizza seasoning. LOL, sounds like a tasty mess!
Post 114 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Just now cooking a frozen pizza, added some extra pizza sauce and cut up some pickle loaf luncheon meat to add as topping as well as added swiss and parmesan cheese

Mmmm...pickle loaf.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
It turned out to be a Picasso masterpiece!

Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user

My first try at Honey Garlic Chicken, the glaze turned out well. Next time will just toss chicken in it so sticks better.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
So I'm on the road and stopped at a hotel for the evening and I'll finish my drive home in the morning. There is a Wendy's across the street and I see this bourbon bacon burger advertised.

Looks somewhat good. Not good for the body but good for the spirit. Instead I was served with this stack of disappointment. And yes, the bun was turned inside out.

Basically was just a burger with some BBQ sauce on it. Wow. I've been to Wendy's maybe 3 times in the last 4 years and now I know why.
Post 118 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley makes me want to get a western bacon cheeseburger from Carls Jr.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 120 IP   flag post
@southerncross that looks awesome.
Post 121 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra thanks, first attempt and it worked out well. Many recipes I need to try in this book 👍
Post 122 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley @flanders Question for you guys or any forum member who wants to answer. One of my kids asked this, and it's actually harder to answer than I thought: If you had to dinner every evening at the same fast food restaurant for the rest of your life...which one would you chose?
Post 123 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
The Crusty Crab.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Chick-Fil-A only because I have stage 3 kidney disease and I need to preserve these bad boys. If that wasn't a factor most likely Carls Jr. I could never get sick of shakes, western bacon cheeseburgers and fried zucchini with ranch dressing.
Post 125 IP   flag post
It took us a while but we all eventually agreed that Jack In The Box might be the only menu broad enough to eat from every day. And they serve breakfast all day.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia I find most fast food repulsive at this point in my life. Not sure if my taste buds have evolved or the stuff got worse over the years. If I really had to choose, it would probably be Taco Bell. Diverse enough menu and a lot of stuff with "vegetables" on it. Now that they have breakfast, yeah that would be it. The Bell is on probably the only one I truly enjoy. If i could eat fried chicken every day, then I would say Popeyes. Chick Fil A is good too but you fast on Sundays. Most fast food I can tolerate once in a while. The only one I eat on a weekly basis is probably Chipotle and that's because I probably tricked myself into thinking it isn't terrible for me.
Post 127 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I think they all would get old pretty quick if you ate dinner at the same one everyday. Since most KFCs in my area include a Taco Bell, I could probably tolerate that for a few weeks. My next choice would be Subway, then Five Guys Burgers (the ONLY place to get a fast food burger and fries in my opinion - Micky D's, BK, and Wendy's all suck).
Post 128 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
All fast food has gone downhill and is terrible. My exceptions are Arby's, Taco Bell, and believe it or not, Krystal. I tolerate Chick-fil-A because of their nuggets. Nothing against them personally, but my stomach dislikes their buns.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Zippys
Post 130 IP   flag post
600771 999 30