Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Olympia oysters, the only native oyster species on the west coast, small but awesome.
Post 77 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You should delete the picture of the oysters before the guy who looks for love in all the wrong places sees it.....
Post 78 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Maybe if he had your brother to cook for him he wouldn't have so much need to look for love. I'm jealous that your brother is working with beef. I won't go back to a BBQ/smokehouse that doesn't have beef ribs.
Post 79 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The forum guy is kinda weird. I don't think my brother would appreciate his sense of humor?

My friends who have had his brisket over 6 years ago still talk about it. Better than any other they have ever had from anywhere... My one buddy offered to fix all his truck problems tomorrow for some brisket. My brother jumped at that. You figure the meat and stuff was under a hundred bux. He cooked from 330pm till 1am. He just pulled it and shoved it in oven to rest. My brother is definitely coming out ahead.

The amount of work his truck needs is kinda crazy. (My brother hit a deer) amongst other random issues....

But back to beef yeah. Nothing like beef ribs. I don't even like pork ribs anymore. He made stuff I think he called crackling from the trimmed fat. I'm sure it was unhealthy as hell but it was better than bacon in taste.
Post 80 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Spaghetti with olive oil, garlic, onion, parsley, grape tomatoes, shrimp, salt, and pepper. The Italian bread is also essential.

Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Keeping it simple. A delicious crunchy peanut butter and honey sandwich washed down with a lager.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Sloppy joe

Post 83 IP   flag post

Local restaurant / brewery version of Hawaiian pizza; sweet chili sauce, ham, bacon, pineapple, mozzarella. Brick oven baked.
Post 84 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Sloppy joe

my mouth is watering!

Post 85 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Fruit does not belong on a pizza. The vegetables are lucky I let them come to the party.
Post 86 IP   flag post
@DrWatson
Post 87 IP   flag post
@flanders

It tasted pretty good. But it is a skimpy serving because I can only eat 1/2. The days of inhaling 2 sandwiches in a sitting are long gone..... =(
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Sloppy joe

When I started pickling red onions for sloppies it changed my life!
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Fruit does not belong on a pizza. The vegetables are lucky I let them come to the party.
tomato is a fruit
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
tomato is a fruit

Tru dat. As is Avocado. Not that Avocado would ever be invited to a Pizza party. Or should it?
Post 91 IP   flag post
Quote:
@flanders

It tasted pretty good. But it is a skimpy serving because I can only eat 1/2. The days of inhaling 2 sandwiches in a sitting are long gone..... =(

@Bronte Does having a limited capacity to eat make you pick and choose more carefully than you did in the past? I would think that if quantity is not an option then quality would become more meaningful? But then that plain ol sloppy joe made me think maybe not.
Post 92 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I gotta +1 on this.

Beef and sausage (minus peperoni). Vegetables are welcome as long as they are peppers and onions.

Oh, and thick crust.
Post 93 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

I honestly eat what I want and although some choices are better than others I try and be mindful to not to overindulge. I'm told it is possible to stretch the stomach out even after surgery so I try never to eat till I'm full. This has been increasingly difficult since my brother came back. Some of the foods he makes have pushed me over tbe edge.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@EbayMafia

I honestly eat what I want and although some choices are better than others I try and be mindful to not to overindulge. I'm told it is possible to stretch the stomach out even after surgery so I try never to eat till I'm full. This has been increasingly difficult since my brother came back. Some of the foods he makes have pushed me over tbe edge.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte PM you. I accidentally posted on the forum but deleted it for now.
Post 96 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips

Your mood is going to be in a state of shock because you are no longer eating the same foods as before. Carbs are no longer your friend and honestly carbs was a source of comfort. Your Dr is going to want you to do a protein heavy diet and you need to stick with that as long as possible. If you like grape gum try this food. It's from Amazon. It's kind of expensive but tastes pretty good.

To be honest though you may want to private message me your questions, I don't think the forum wants to hear it. I'll be more than happy to share any insights I have. The process is life changing and to be honest, I could have used a helping hand during some of the more trying months instead of getting yelled at for making mistakes.

Post 97 IP   flag post
1.47am and I'm here screwing around with a brisket and 2 pork butts that's to become pulled pork later today.

My brother is pulling out all stops to get his truck fixed..... (food for labor)

Edit.

My brother felt ill so I said I'd watch the stupid thing to make sure the heat didn't drop below 225. Needless to say it dropped and I finally have it stable. 5am and this stupid thing still isn't done....

=(

Post 98 IP   flag post
Burgers with diced mushrooms, diced onions, shredded smoked gruyere, salt, pepper and smoked paprika mixed in the meat prior to cooking.
Post 99 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Grilled salmon
Rice pilaf
Steamed asparagus

Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Burgers with diced mushrooms, diced onions, shredded smoked gruyere, salt, pepper and smoked paprika mixed in the meat prior to cooking.

@Frontier2Xterra Hey Bro, your post got me drooling for some juicy grilled burgers tonight, but I was already in the middle of prepping my above dish. There's always tomorrow night though!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

@Frontier2Xterra Hey Bro, your post got me drooling for some juicy grilled burgers tonight, but I was already in the middle of prepping my above dish. There's always tomorrow night though!

Have it man. I love cooking / grilling. In another life I would have loved opening my own place. I absolutely love cooking and find it to be relaxing / soothing. As a gift a few years ago my sister made me this cookbook with recipes from my mother, aunts, great aunts, grandfather, and grandmother recipe lists. The picture of the recipe box is from my late mother and what she had printed and put into book form for me Just a few examples;

Post 102 IP   flag post
In the book is even a secret family recipe for the absolute best potato rolls you will ever have that's been passed down 4 generations. Not posting that and to have you need to visit with atleast 2 days notice and a bottle of scotch.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

Have it man. I love cooking / grilling. In another life I would have loved opening my own place. I absolutely love cooking and find it to be relaxing / soothing. As a gift a few years ago my sister made me this cookbook with recipes from my mother, aunts, great aunts, grandfather, and grandmother recipe lists. The picture of the recipe box is from my late mother and what she had printed and put into book form for me Just a few examples;

AMEN!... You ain't gonna find no better cookin' than Momma, and on down the family tree.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Copper river king salmon
Copper river sockeye salmon
Fresh Alaskan halibut.

Full on delish 👍
Post 105 IP   flag post
600740 999 30