Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Xmas dinner showed up today. Last year a buddy that lives in KCK sent us this. We decided to make it tradition. He is no stranger to a smoker and bbq himself but told me whenever anyone comes to visit this is where he takes them.

Post 601 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Chicken, carrot, onion, and garlic lettuce wraps with a garlic cucumber yogurt sauce. I've come a long way since my days of eating canned spaghetti.

Post 602 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Chicken, carrot, onion, and garlic lettuce wraps with a garlic cucumber yogurt sauce. I've come a long way since my days of eating canned spaghetti.

You're on the right track, bro... keep it up!
Post 603 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder thanks!
Post 604 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Canned spaghetti. Julia Child would be kicking the lid off her casket.
Post 605 IP   flag post

Gluten free pumpkin bread.

Post 606 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I don't care much for pumpkin pie, and all that other pumpkin stuff,..but I sure love pumpkin bread.
Post 607 IP   flag post
Pan fried pork chops in olive oil,..dusted with black pepper, salt, and Greek seasoning.

Mashed potatoes with Alfredo cheese sauce.

Steamed asparagus.

Not bad at all for only $4.00... when you cook for yourself.
Post 608 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Gluten free pumpkin bread.

I bet some kind of cream cheese topping would be good on that.
Post 609 IP   flag post
Tonight I'm having the "lazy man's chili-mac".

I hate canned chili. But if you're lazy like me sometimes, Campbell's (Chunky) does have a canned chili that I think is above the others.

I'll add some lean ground beef and Ro-tel.., then dump on a plate of boiled linguine, and cover with some grated cheddar. Place in the oven for about 7 minutes and your good to go.

Tonight I'll go to bed feeling like the fattest person on the planet.
Post 610 IP   flag post
Does anyone else use an Air Fryer? I'm always impressed at how it can make frozen items taste like they came out of a restaurant deep-fryer. Mozzarella sticks, Spring rolls, clam strips, breaded shrimp, tater tots, frozen burrito's, chicken strips, Pot Pies...everything I've tried so far has had surprisingly impressive results. Straight from the freezer and into the air fryer...using much less energy than the oven I presume.
Post 611 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Does anyone else use an Air Fryer? I'm always impressed at how it can make frozen items taste like they came out of a restaurant deep-fryer. Mozzarella sticks, Spring rolls, clam strips, breaded shrimp, tater tots, frozen burrito's, chicken strips, Pot Pies...everything I've tried so far has had surprisingly impressive results. Straight from the freezer and into the air fryer...using much less energy than the oven I presume.

I would sure like to have one,.. even just to experiment with.
Post 612 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder We got ours about 3 years ago as a birthday gift to my wife. We used it off and on until this last year when I started shopping at Costco more regularly. Their freezer section is just loaded with stuff that is perfect for an air-fryer. Now I use it several times a week. I just ordered one for my parents, I think it was about $95 shipped.
Post 613 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder Mozzarella Sticks from frozen, 7 minutes in the Air Fryer at 370 degrees:

Post 614 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia we have an air fryer and love it. It is just a mini convection oven… one that heats up and circulates air faster.

Sits right beside our panini press / mini grill. It is like our “high efficiency corner” for when we don’t run the range/oven.

Btw, I think the convection mode on an oven is one of those underutilized features that would result in “aha!” moments for many.
Post 615 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave Now that they are under $100 I think they are an under-appreciated kitchen appliance. I probably get more use from the air fryer than the microwave.

Air Fryer spring rolls. Straight from freezer to air fryer, 8 minutes at 370 degrees:

Post 616 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Bought a whole king salmon today.

Fillet it out at home

Then cooked it with veggies and hand cut potatoes for fries

Post 617 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I probably get more use from the air fryer than the microwave

I haven't used a microwave since probably 2008. If I cook/reheat, I use the stovetop or oven. No nuking for me.

Due to this thread, I am definitely gaining an interest in air fryers.

Edit... Those of you who are savvy with air fryers, what brand do you recommend?
Post 618 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder we have been happy with our 🥷

Ninja
Post 619 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Those of you who are savvy with air fryers, what brand do you recommend?

@Pre_Coder Mine is called Gourmia but it was a gift, no research involved. It worked well enough for us that I bought the same brand for parents. @DavetheBrave probably has more research invested in his choice, so he may be a better one to tell you.
Post 620 IP   flag post
Workplace lunch went horribly. This oven isn’t for cooking food. Fortunately, no one expects anything good from a Jack’s frozen pizza.....

Post 621 IP   flag post
Well, isn't that special.
Post 622 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

I heard The Church Lady as I read that!!
Post 623 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Black beans and rice with some pork.

Post 624 IP   flag post
Quote:
It was special all right. Fortunately I didn’t forget my hot sauce that’s stashed in my truck.
Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
It was special all right. Fortunately I didn’t forget my hot sauce that’s stashed in my truck.
Hot sauce instantly makes thing better. Just added some to my calamari today.
Post 626 IP   flag post
There's a piece of pie in the refrigerator. I don't particularly want it, but I'm afraid someone else might eat it.
Post 627 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Black beans and rice with some pork.

I'm kicked back watching an old war movie and contemplating what to fix for dinner. Black beans and rice sounds like it would hit the spot. I have 2 uncooked chops I can slice, or maybe lean ground beef.

btw... what seasonings did you use?
Post 628 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder - Salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, white vinegar, oregano, and a dash of Frank’s hot sauce.
Post 629 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Pre_Coder - Salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, white vinegar, oregano, and a dash of Frank’s hot sauce.

Thanks! I have everything but the hot sauce. Guess I can open a can of Rotel (habanero) and add a couple or so tablespoons.
Post 630 IP   flag post
600838 999 30