Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to wait until the morning to make this but my prednisone had other ideas. Gluten free and dairy free French toast.

Post 576 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave

My brother cheated. He put the pie on a piece of aluminum foil. Apparently it tore last time because he couldn't get the pie on the peel. He said the crust wasn't as crisp because there was nowhere for the steam to escape. He said a pizza screen might be a better crutch. Ideally though he figures it out with any crutches. Excellent idea on the cheese. The cheese left a Lotta liquid.
Post 577 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I was going to wait until the morning to make this but my prednisone had other ideas. Gluten free and dairy free French toast.

Dang, I’ve never made my own FT. Especially from baller bread.
Post 578 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad it's easy to make but not nearly as good as the frozen toaster option.
Post 579 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Dude, French toast is one of the first recipes in the Betty Crocker's New Boys and Girls Cookbook from the 1960s.
Post 580 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Try French Toast with a loaf of fresh baked French Bread from the store. Wait 2-3 days for it to get a bit stale...or buy it day-old if you can. The firmer texture just works really well with the egg wash. We were doing a lot of that during the lockdown...Fresh baked with dinner at night and the rest used for French Toast a couple mornings later.
Post 581 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte honestly, make sure the peel is floured or “corned” up.

A bit messy but if using outside, a good trade off.

It requires a confident motion too off the peel. Think “removing table cloth trick”… of course best practiced by shaking the peel a bit and making sure the za actually moves.

As for the cheese trick - definitely getting it as dry as possible helps. Trust me - it will still have plenty of moisture.

Good italian pizzas are not heavily topped. Thin crust doesn’t require a heavy hand in toppings to get good balance in flavor.

Again, great job on success two pizzas in. Not easy to pull off (regardless of “cheats”).
Post 582 IP   flag post
I'm still cooking up a storm. Chicken, sweet potato, celery, carrots, garlic and onion instant pot stew.

Post 583 IP   flag post
Almond milk ice cream in progress. It's my first time trying so it might be awful.

Post 584 IP   flag post
Just put another blueberry cheesecake in the oven.
Post 585 IP   flag post
@flanders Vanilla?
Post 586 IP   flag post
@DrWatson yep, if it comes out well I'll try some other flavors.
Post 587 IP   flag post
@flanders I'm thinking you could start a brand of nutritious and healthy baby food.
Post 588 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@flanders I'm thinking you could start a brand of nutritious and healthy baby food.
Baby food isn’t hard to do actually. I’m surprised there aren’t small local/craft shops. Hipsters would eat that shit up, (not the food).
Post 589 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Baby food isn’t hard to do actually. I’m surprised there aren’t small local/craft shops. Hipsters would eat that shit up, (not the food).

There's a movie about that called Baby Boom (Diane Keaton, 1987)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Boom_(film)
Post 590 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There's a movie about that called Baby Boom (Diane Keaton, 1987)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Boom_(film)
I was 6, practically a baby.
Post 591 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DrWatson yep, if it comes out well I'll try some other flavors.

Do you have ice cream yet? They make ice cream out of seaweed. Almond milk shouldn't be a problem.
Post 592 IP   flag post
@DrWatson it's in the freezer, let me check. I had some of it when it was in the ice cream maker for 35 mins, but it was a bit slushy.

It tastes fine but the texture is all wrong.

Post 593 IP   flag post
I envision an ice cream, cheesecake collaboration.
Post 594 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DrWatson it's in the freezer, let me check. I had some of it when it was in the ice cream maker for 35 mins, but it was a bit slushy.

It tastes fine but the texture is all wrong.

Well, no cream, i.e. fat. You have what they used to sell as ice milk.
Post 595 IP   flag post
Quote:

I have an apple pie cheesecake recipe. It's has an apple pie on top and a cheesecake on the bottom.
Post 596 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

I have an apple pie cheesecake recipe. It's has an apple pie on top and a cheesecake on the bottom.

Have you tried cherry pie on top of the cheesecake?
Post 597 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
smoked some 10yr old cheddar on Sunday along with a few hard boiled eggs - no idea what those are going to be like...I know that pickled egg salad sandwiches are great.....might try a smoked egg salad sandwich today for lunch??
Post 598 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Pot roast sandwich with Swiss cheese and horseradish Mayo on a potato bun.
Post 599 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

Have you tried cherry pie on top of the cheesecake?

I have had cherries on top before, but I haven't baked one on top of the cheesecake.
Post 600 IP   flag post
Xmas dinner showed up today. Last year a buddy that lives in KCK sent us this. We decided to make it tradition. He is no stranger to a smoker and bbq himself but told me whenever anyone comes to visit this is where he takes them.

Post 601 IP   flag post
Chicken, carrot, onion, and garlic lettuce wraps with a garlic cucumber yogurt sauce. I've come a long way since my days of eating canned spaghetti.

Post 602 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Chicken, carrot, onion, and garlic lettuce wraps with a garlic cucumber yogurt sauce. I've come a long way since my days of eating canned spaghetti.

You're on the right track, bro... keep it up!
Post 603 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder thanks!
Post 604 IP   flag post
Canned spaghetti. Julia Child would be kicking the lid off her casket.
Post 605 IP   flag post
601468 999 30