Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Corned beef / cabbage?

I can do boiled cabbage, but corned beef is out of the equation for any recipe.
Post 26 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder

Too many nitrates?
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

Too many nitrates?

Naw, just hate the flavor.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Everything bagel, cream cheese, capers, onion, and lox.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Been trying to lose some weight. One scoop plus 8 oz. Skim milk. = 180 calories and 30 grams of protein. Been replacing a meal with one of these a day. It is not too bad.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Taking a grape and aloe Vera slushy to work with me.

Post 31 IP   flag post

Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Tonight (for the first time), I'm going to cook a batch of chicken and dumplings made from scratch,.. just like my Mama used to make.

Considering my luck with dough, in the morning I'll probably wake up constipated.

Well, last night my dumplings sucked,.. but I ate what was palatable. Afterwards I picked out the dumplings, trashed them, and stored the chicken and gravy... which is enough for 3 more meals. Maybe reheat and dump on some white rice with steamed broccoli. I've been cooking my own rice since I was 14 so at least my rice is perfection 99% of the time.

In fact, tonight I'm having steamed white rice with a nice size honey glazed ham steak... and some trimmings.
Post 33 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
How did you fix them?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
How did you fix them?

Half the dumplings I made from scratch using my Mom's recipe text to me by my sister. The other half of the dumplings were Pillsbury canned biscuits (pinched apart). I wanted to try both and see how they turned out. Personally, I think the problem was my broth was too thick, and I obviously over/under cooked the dumplings.
Post 35 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Canned biscuit dough is evil unless you're making monkey bread.
Post 36 IP   flag post
For any chili lovers out there;

Post 37 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
fresh from the garden

Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Canned biscuit dough is evil unless you're making monkey bread.

Just did a Monkey Bread search on YouTube. Haven't watched a vid yet, but it looks interesting.....
Post 39 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
fresh from the garden

@dielinfinite, how do I know when to pull mine? This is the first time I’ve done garlic.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
fresh from the garden

@dielinfinite, how do I know when to pull mine? This is the first time I’ve done garlic.

Hummmm...I thought they were spring onions ...which I love btw
Post 41 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
fresh from the garden

Hummmm...I thought they were spring onions ...which I love btw
oh yeah, I’d say your right. I’ve never grown either so there’s that. lol
Post 42 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately herself is I'll in bed so I threw this together, yesterdays left over from a leg of Lamb but the rest was fresh cooked.....oh and a plate for her if she feels like it later

Post 44 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been using the heck out my ceramic egg grill to do everything. My wife’s fav dish so far is the Vietnamese Grilled Pork.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Got a brisket on the smoker today
Post 46 IP   flag post
Mmmm.... smoked food = nirvana
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Did a brisket a few weeks ago. Just got the leftover out of the freezer that was a little too fatty. Put it in the blender and mixed it in with some raw ground beef. Just got done making some absolutely killer hamburgers out of it.
Post 48 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Puckster great idea, I like the lean side, most in my household prefer the fatty side
Post 49 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 50 IP   flag post
Quickie dinner tonight....

Ground beef patty (96/4) cooked medium well.
Dipping sauce = A1/Worcestershire/Soy/Honey

Steamed white rice - not that Minute Rice shjt.

Fried okra
Post 51 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@Bronte You work at Cinnabon? (lol)
Post 52 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

No. My brother is testing recipes and wanted to give some to my buddies so they could give some feedback. We made these and cream cheese frosting and delivered them to try. So far the response has been overwhelmingly positive.

You would not believe how labor intensive these things are to make. We have a mixer. I can't imagine doing it without one.

Edit

Personally myself and friends are waiting for tasting his brisket and Dino ribs. It's been like 5 plus years since we had them. But everyone still talks about how good they were and kept asking when they were getting theirs....
Post 53 IP   flag post
Soon to be cooking Delmonico steaks in pan with butter, garlic and Rosemary. Mashed potato for side with butter, parsley, chives, and bacon.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Soon to be cooking Delmonico steaks in pan with butter, garlic and Rosemary. Mashed potato for side with butter, parsley, chives, and bacon.

I'll be right over!
Post 55 IP   flag post
601220 999 30