Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo thanks Ed.
Post 426 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders

I hope your stay is brief. Get well soon.
Post 427 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Hang in there. This place wouldn't be the same without Ned.
Post 428 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Get well @flanders. I had no idea you were ill.

Hospital food sucks,.. and that putrid aroma of formaldehyde... UGH!!!
Post 429 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Hope the stay goes well, glad you still have forum connection. Keep the phone charged.
Post 430 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like the best meal I've gotten so far, but probably no match for @puckster's lasagne.

Post 431 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Looks like the best meal I've gotten so far, but probably no match for @puckster's lasagne.

Yeah, that doesn't quite match up. If I could get you a slice, I would. Best I can do is wish you well and hope you're out of there soon.
Post 432 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Are those green beans? If so, they look anemic. No wonder they're in a hospital.
Post 433 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Looks a helluva lot better than what I was fed about 4 years ago.
Post 434 IP   flag post
Quote:

It's been a long time since I stayed in a hospital. And these pictures are amping up my hospitalphobia. When I was in college I went in for a week with a burst appendix. Fortunately my father was a Pharmacist in that hospital. I can still remember the Red Robin Pastrami topped hamburger that my dad brought me when I could finally have outside food.
Post 435 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Get well!
Post 436 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Dude! I hope you're ok! Get well soon!!🍻
Post 437 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 438 IP   flag post
Tonight....

Ground beef patty (96/4) fried till med-rare. Then place in casserole dish with brown gravy and mushrooms, and finish in the oven.

Steamed white rice (not that Minute Rice crap).

Steamed cauliflower - butter, salt, pepper.

Semi-sweet iced tea.
Post 439 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
I'm patiently waiting for all the delicious looking pics on Thursday.
Post 440 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
I'm patiently waiting for all the delicious looking pics on Thursday.

I don't take pics,.. I just eat.
Post 441 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Beef Wellington and asparagus.

Post 442 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Nachos

Post 443 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Got lazy so tonight, left over beef Wellington, asparagus, carrots and corn on the cob with bread 👍

Post 444 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Crunchie bar. Quality meal.
Post 445 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross I love beef Wellington. My wife uses Gordon Ramsey's method and he has a tv holiday show where he demonstrates how to make it. It is so delicious.
Post 446 IP   flag post
Gluten free apple pie with Granny Smith apples.

Post 447 IP   flag post
I take it this means you exited hospital okay?
Post 448 IP   flag post
Yay, @flanders is free again and back to baking pies!
Post 449 IP   flag post
@Bronte I'm out of the hospital and I'm starting treatment for a 2nd kidney disorder that I've been diagnosed with. I have recovered from a separate rare kidney disorder that I was diangosed with 4 years ago and that's currently in remission. There is permanent damage to my kidneys that limits their function, but they are still working well enough to not require dialysis.

Somehow I have a developed a completely different and independent disorder that progresses rapidly and may take over a year to go into remission and possibly leave with me additional damage to my kidneys that I won't be able to recover from. Fortunately I'm starting aggressive treatment immediately and have a 6 hour infusion scheduled for tomorrow. It's all very shocking, seeing as how I've been fighting for four years to recover from my other disorder and now I've been diagnosed with an even more dangerous disorder that doesn't have as positive a prognosis. I'll know within a month if the treatment is working so I'll keep the forum updated. Thanks for asking how I'm doing. This forum means a lot to me and I'll keep in touch.
Post 450 IP   flag post
@flanders

Wow. That's rough. I wish you the best. Hopefully things improve miraculously soon for you. I'm sure I speak for a Lotta folks when I say that the forums wouldn't be the same without you and your art work.
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Wishing you very successful treatments.
Post 452 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips I'll have to check out that Gordon Ramsay show.

Big fan watching his other shows
Post 453 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
getting ready for my girlfriend to cook me a turkey
she told me it will only have a turn around time of about 16 months to cook
another 3 months to cut

i told her she should work for cbcs
Post 454 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
if it was in pgx i would be able to eat the bird on thanksgiving
Post 455 IP   flag post
600703 999 30