Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

So you are carnivore?
I can keep you on my Xmas list?
Post 326 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@HeinzDad is just jealous because he's a vegetarian and lives mostly off of various forms of cucumber salad.

Post 327 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte, vegetarians and vegans have corrected me for the past 10 years in that I’m an “omnivore”. They do that with a smugness when I say “you CAN eat that but you CHOOSE not to”.
Post 328 IP   flag post
You don’t win friends with salad!
Post 329 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
There's a mostly local chain called Urban Plates. They had just raised big time financing for national expansion when Covid hit and shut it down. They have a loyalty program that costs $10 per month but all of their plates are a maximum of $10 for plan members. My $10 dinner:

bland white people food?

At the risk of choosing a side, the mashed potatoes do have gravy (pan sauce for the uppity) on them as well as enough pepper to reflect its past as a form of currency. The bread appears buttered. The beef does sport a layer of melted bleu cheese crumbles as the pepper makes another show on top of the cheese. The roasted Brussels sprouts, the weakest link in this food chain, do appear to be up-classed with onions. If they had wanted to earn their spot on the plate, there would be be a bit of bacon broken up in there as well.

So, as far as bland white people food goes, it isn't boiled anything or a seven layer salad topped with vegan mayonnaise.
Post 330 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
There's a mostly local chain called Urban Plates. They had just raised big time financing for national expansion when Covid hit and shut it down. They have a loyalty program that costs $10 per month but all of their plates are a maximum of $10 for plan members. My $10 dinner:

bland white people food?

At the risk of choosing a side, the mashed potatoes do have gravy (pan sauce for the uppity) on them as well as enough pepper to reflect its past as a form of currency. The bread appears buttered. The beef does sport a layer of melted bleu cheese crumbles as the pepper makes another show on top of the cheese. The roasted Brussels sprouts, the weakest link in this food chain, do appear to be up-classed with onions. If they had wanted to earn their spot on the plate, there would be be a bit of bacon broken up in there as well.

So, as far as bland white people food goes, it isn't boiled anything or a seven layer salad topped with vegan mayonnaise.

I can do that meal any day of the week...... and still maintain a 32" waist.
Post 331 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

Good on you, Pasty Walker.
Post 332 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Good on you, Pasty Walker.

LOL... Nope, at my age I gotta work (out) for it.
Post 333 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
the mashed potatoes do have gravy (pan sauce for the uppity) on them as well as enough pepper to reflect its past as a form of currency.

@DrWatson The heavy pepper is a personal choice. Table salt has never been a part of my diet but anywhere that pepper is appropriate I will put on a lot more than most.
Post 334 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
the mashed potatoes do have gravy (pan sauce for the uppity) on them as well as enough pepper to reflect its past as a form of currency.

@DrWatson The heavy pepper is a personal choice. Table salt has never been a part of my diet but anywhere that pepper is appropriate I will put on a lot more than most.

I cook with salt. I never add it after the fact except with baked potatoes or french fries.
Post 335 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Same here. Light on the salt, heavier on the pepper.
Post 336 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I cook with salt. I never add it after the fact except with baked potatoes or french fries.

Strangely the three places I use table salt are raw tomatoes, avocado and watermelon.
Post 337 IP   flag post
I don't eat raw tomatoes or watermelon. Avocados are like eggs, they need salt.
Post 338 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Light on the salt, heavier on the pepper.

Pepper makes my pee burn and salt and meat are restricted in my diet. Enjoy the little things in life fellas, one day you could suffer my fate.
Post 339 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Strangely the three places I use table salt are raw tomatoes, avocado and watermelon.

For me it's raw tomatoes, avocado, watermelon, cucumbers, onion, and beets.

Beets = Nitric Oxide. Everybody needs Nitric Oxide, especially the brain. Nitric Oxide dialates blood vessels and helps to prevent iron, zinc, and other minerals from oxidizing in the brain... which helps to prevent seizures, strokes, and Alzheimers.

Eat your beets!
Post 340 IP   flag post

Post 341 IP   flag post

Post 342 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
love fresh baked croissants! awesome!! I swear you can put them in a shoe and bury them and they'd still be great!
Post 343 IP   flag post

Post 344 IP   flag post
Took a friend out for birthday lunch today. @sportshort knows what this is:

Brisket Sandwich. Not Southwestern style but European style with melted provolone and assortment of pickled vegetables from this hidden gem deli/butcher shop:
https://www.goodiesinthepantry.com/
Post 345 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Plain and simple roast beef sarnie and nice salty packet of crisps. Beef left over from yesterday's joint and still plenty left for roast dinner later 👍

Post 346 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Butterball turkey patty with cooked jalepenos,green peppers and onion. Some A1 sauce on the side. 31 grams protein. 240 calories.
Cheese= extra 7 grams protein and 140 calories.
Post 347 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Brother made some beef jerky in his new dehydrator. Tastes better than Jack's links...
Post 348 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a nasty chest infection, but aren't they all, plus full of cold/flue etc and with herself in UK visiting rugrats and family I was still able to cook a lamb chop roast dinner and better still able to eat it

Post 349 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Brunch earlier from a local brewery / restaurant here. Iron Galley / Iron Pint. They call it dreamcicle French toast; caramelized sweet orange custard bread, smoked maple syrup, with warmed orange marmalade.

Post 350 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Brother made some beef jerky in his new dehydrator. Tastes better than Jack's links...
I fancy myself a decent jerky maker.
Post 351 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad
Happy birthday!!!

My brother is kinda weird. He refused to use liquid smoke. He smoked the beef for 2 hours then used dehydrator for 5. The beef was very good. Especially since this was first try. You could really taste smoke
Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user

Decided to make a big pot of chili today.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I fancy myself a decent jerky maker.

I can vouch. What sticks in my memory the most is the texture and full flavor from slicing it thin. I imagine thin sliced jerky takes a lot more time and work than thick sliced. But it was great.
Post 354 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
The General. Home-made. Slight modification as I batter with my korean fried chicken batter instead of a traditional batter - crispier and healthier at the same time!

Post 355 IP   flag post
600488 999 30