Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 251 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Lamb chops I cooked the other night.

But I was a little light on the baby carrots.

I would lick that plate clean like a dog
Post 252 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Cucumbers every darn day. They are my favorite part of summer and growing up with both my sets of grandparents that grew them. We have been picking 2 enormous cukes every day for the past 2 weeks. the best thing to do is make some type of salad which I've been eating frequently. All the peppers in it are from my garden but not the onions.

Post 253 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Slice those cucumbers up 1/8"-1/4" thick and drench them with Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing. 3 minutes prep time, Bob's your uncle.
Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
I got to be the odd one out here I hate cucumber.....herself loves it 😁
Post 255 IP   flag post

Heinz is eating sushi. I call this one the Norte Americano roll....
Post 256 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan

I dislike cucumbers as well.
Post 257 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan

I dislike cucumbers as well.
I know a couple vegans that won’t take them from me, it’s all good. The one dude won’t take eggplants either, “ they have no taste of their own like tofu”.
Post 258 IP   flag post
I'll eat an eggplant.
Post 259 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Just say no to Parsnip.
Post 260 IP   flag post
Parsnips are fine, but us regular people just eat turnips.
Post 261 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Cucumbers are awesome!

Granted, they have no flavor,.. so just lightly sprinkle with some salt.

Back in the 80's and 90's while training with the Japanese, I was on a very strict diet.... fish, rice, Brussels sprouts, and roasted duck on occasion. Snacks mainly consisted of white grapes, pineapple, asian pears.... cucumbers and onion.

In 2002 I dated a Chinese woman born and raised in NE China. We dated almost 3 years before she moved back. She also snacked on cucumbers and onion. During conversation, she would take a bite from a cucumber, and massage her forehead, around the eyes, cheeks, under the chin.... take another bite and repeat. She was 45 and looked 22 (I have pics). This is nothing unusual with Asian women.

Even today, I snack on cucumbers and onion in the morning.

Cucumbers rock whether you like them or not.
Post 262 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder, I prefer to grow a Japanese cuke over that burples breed shit. That salad is pre salted the night before to get them to release water. Add garlic rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes.
Post 263 IP   flag post
Tonight I'm going to debone a leftover rotisserie chicken. Let simmer in some Alfredo sauce with parmesan cheese and broccoli florets. Then dump the contents over a large plate of egg noodles.
Post 264 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Came out pretty good.

Post 265 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Came out pretty good.

Damn son.......

My wife brought me Chicken fillets or whatever that place is called today for lunch. It was only the second time I've had it and I still don't get what's so great. Herself (my @no1lufcinfan), lol, and my daughter lauded over it when I got home. They said they ate it at a park and like 2 other people were eating it at picnic tables. Is this some hipster bullshit?
Post 266 IP   flag post
I had to use olive oil in my pancakes this morning. They turned out surprising well.
Post 267 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
will have to take pics next time!

eating pan fried Lake Erie Perch - coated with some flour seasoned with salt/pepper and fresh dill - fried in cast iron with butter!! delicious!

Minors Fish is a local institution - there has been a commercial fishery in Port Colborne (on Lake Erie) since the 1820s - Minors has been around since the 50's??

As much as I enjoy getting out and casting the line it is much easier to go to Minors for fish on a bun and a couple pounds of fresh catch!!

They catch Perch(Yellow and White), White Bass, White Fish, Walleye, Smelt and Burbout..but I stick to perch and once in a while Walleye.
Post 268 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Just finished whiskey sour and going out tonight to a new (for me) fish joint. Not sure yet what i am going to have.
Post 269 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Just finished whiskey sour and going out tonight to a new (for me) fish joint. Not sure yet what i am going to have.

Make it a Fried-Day Night. Fried catfish, french fries, hush puppies.... portions a la mode.
Post 270 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

For lunch today I cooked up a pink salmon filet along with some green peppers and onions. It was delicious. I have now lost 65 pounds eating like this.
Post 271 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 272 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Cooking up a lazy cabbage roll casserole - cause I'm lazy!!
I'll make a proper batch in the winter when I have the time - this takes just a few hours and it's done!!
I'm also using ground beef instead of ground pork.....cause that's what was in the fridge.....won't be the same but it will do.
Post 273 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday I found out that no amount of butter, garlic salt, and assorted peppercorns can improve a full plate of green peppers and cucumbers. Just dip 'em in ranch, folks.
Post 274 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user

Have gotten good at making slow oven cooked ribs, cooked 5 hours at 250. When I move them they just fall apart, not as good as smoker but I'd say it's close as can get.
Post 275 IP   flag post

Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Looks pretty good!
Post 277 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Delicious!!!
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Wife and kid went on vacation without me, so I’m on my own with dinner. Tonight I went with a 22oz sirloin wit shrooms and onions
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
@RexMuff That looks damn good!I wish I ate that well when by myself
Post 280 IP   flag post
601280 999 30