Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Pre_Coder

I love French bread but if you don't consume it quickly it gets stale really fast. I don't know if you have a Publix grocery store by you, but I found that their Cuban bread makes a good side and is much more forgiving if you take an extra day or 2 to consume.

I love French and sourdough pretty much same-day fresh. But I like my Baguettes a little bit aged and harder. During the lockdown we learned to slice the French Bread up for great french toast when it got stale. The stale French Toast wont get soggy in the egg wash.
Post 226 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
guess I should have taken pics of the zucchini bread we made the other day.
Post 227 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Some kinda slop with mashed potatoes.

Hospital food I had to beg for.....

Post 228 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte hope you're not there too long and recover quickly. That pudding looks like it might be decent.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I feel for ya!!! Been there, done that!
Post 230 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders
@Jesse_O

Thank you. It was foot surgery so I should be out soon. But damn that food was nasty. The apple sauce and pudding were the best part.....
Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Hope you get well soon and home to enjoy a good meal 👍
Post 232 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan

Thank you.
Post 233 IP   flag post
"slop"? they should have put in a trough. Have ur bro smoke you some meat when you break out!
Post 234 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad

Funny you say that. Brisket and I think pulled pork are on menu for Sunday
Post 235 IP   flag post
Sadly @bronte’s hospital food reminded me that I had some leftover instant mashed potatoes and canned gravy in the fridge. Inspired me to go eat it, with a small piece of leftover London broil.
Wasn’t bad, just needed some Fava Beans and a nice Chianti.
Post 236 IP   flag post
Quote:
@HeinzDad

Funny you say that. Brisket and I think pulled pork are on menu for Sunday

Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Grilled some Ribeye's from the butcher with baked potato and creamed spinach. Chocolate lava cake for dessert.
Post 238 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@flanders
@Jesse_O

Thank you. It was foot surgery so I should be out soon. But damn that food was nasty. The apple sauce and pudding were the best part.....

@Bronte Hope your foot heals quickly,...and properly.

Food!... In June 1993 I spent 3 days in the hospital due to strep throat. The food was actually pretty darn good.

Fast forward 25 years later (June 2018), I spent 5 days in the hospital due to a blood clot in each lung. The food was putrid! After day 2 I told the nurses "no more breakfast, lunch, dinner"... only bring me white grapes and a banana. The grapes stunk putrid. The banana was okay till I peeled it open and the formaldehyde (etc) began permeating the room. My last 2 days there I didn't eat anything.

A lady I am personal friends with, who also happens to be friends with the administrator of that particular hospital I stayed at... she told me that he said, "if you are a patient, and have family/friends who can deliver food to you, then do that, because hospital food is much worse than prison food".
Post 239 IP   flag post
@xvipah
Pix or it didn't happen!!!

Lol
Post 240 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
How many carrots did they put on that plate. Handy for seeing in the dark.
Post 241 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder

Oddly last year I spent like a week in the same hospital and the food was really good. I'm told that people come from all over the world to do foot and leg surgery.

For example, apparently Japanese men are short by default. They come here specifically to add a few inches to their height.

Because of the high profile folks coming to this hospital, the rooms are like hotel rooms not hospital. The nurses cater to everything short of sponge bath and they are the kindest folks I've ever encountered. The thing is, only this floor of the hospital is set up like this. The rest of the hospital is a dump from what I understand.
Post 242 IP   flag post
@southerncross

That was the only thing edible. I found out the main course was ground beef. No idea how it was prepared it truly was a mystery meat...
Post 243 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
How many carrots did they put on that plate. Handy for seeing in the dark.

Gotta get that beta carotene fix.
Post 244 IP   flag post
Woo-hoo I got a sub title on my avatar!
Thanks Jesse!
Post 245 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@southerncross

That was the only thing edible. I found out the main course was ground beef. No idea how it was prepared it truly was a mystery meat...

I don't mind baby carrots but I wouldn't want to eat 15 in one sitting
Post 246 IP   flag post
Lamb chops I cooked the other night.

But I was a little light on the baby carrots.

Post 247 IP   flag post
@southerncross

I hadn't eaten since 10pm the night prior. If your hungry you'll eat what's edible. On that plate the carrots went first.....
Post 248 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Hah, I don't think you want pix of it now. Might be a bit dark in there.

Quote:
@xvipah
Pix or it didn't happen!!!

Lol
Post 249 IP   flag post
Quote:
Woo-hoo I got a sub title on my avatar!
Thanks Jesse!

That's hilarious. I was thinking that very comment might possibly end up as a subtitle but I was looking at the other half of it. I thought your subtitle might be "damn that food was nasty".
Post 250 IP   flag post

Post 251 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Lamb chops I cooked the other night.

But I was a little light on the baby carrots.

I would lick that plate clean like a dog
Post 252 IP   flag post
Cucumbers every darn day. They are my favorite part of summer and growing up with both my sets of grandparents that grew them. We have been picking 2 enormous cukes every day for the past 2 weeks. the best thing to do is make some type of salad which I've been eating frequently. All the peppers in it are from my garden but not the onions.

Post 253 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad Slice those cucumbers up 1/8"-1/4" thick and drench them with Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing. 3 minutes prep time, Bob's your uncle.
Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
I got to be the odd one out here I hate cucumber.....herself loves it 😁
Post 255 IP   flag post
597876 999 30