Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

OT; What are you eating or cooking?14395

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Anchovies, bacon, and black olive pizza on my weekend that wife is away. Haters gonna hate lol
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
My staple diet......I'm an auld fashion fart 😁

Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
My staple diet......I'm an auld fashion fart 😁

That looks delicious.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Corned beef / cabbage?
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
So far lunch has been uncrustables. We shall see about dinner
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Leftover pizza. Girlfriend has her kids this weekend so I'm on my own. Damn!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Corned beef / cabbage?

That is definitely on the menu once a week, otherwise it's a different meat,2 or 3 veg and of course roast spuds. Herself is much more adventurous so most days I or she will cook the above for me and when she has garlic I have to open all the kitchen windows and doors 😃
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm jealous all my food is pretty much take out since I don't cook. However, my brother is moving in with me soon and he cooks so soon I might have some decent meals....
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Tonight (for the first time), I'm going to cook a batch of chicken and dumplings made from scratch,.. just like my Mama used to make.

Considering my luck with dough, in the morning I'll probably wake up constipated.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some fresh rolls on the way home from school/work today. Had a large leftover baked chicken breast so I diced that up, mixed in chopped onions, sliced up dried cranberries, a big blob of mayonnaise, and a shake or two of smoked paprika - viola, my chicken salad.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Costco sirloins marinated overnight in Lawry’s Teriyaki marinade. Simple yet delicious. Forgot the veggies steamed green beans and sliced tomatoes with olive oil and Italian seasoning. Dessert will be ice cream from the Friendly’s carry out window.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Picked up some fresh rolls on the way home from school/work today. Had a large leftover baked chicken breast so I diced that up, mixed in chopped onions, sliced up dried cranberries, a big blob of mayonnaise, and a shake or two of smoked paprika - viola, my chicken salad.

Smoked paprika makes just about anything taste better🍺
Post 12 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
It's funny, I eat everyday chocolate Cheerios for breakfast and for lunch. I bring a yeti with ice milk, a Tupperware with my cereal to my job site everyday For my birthday my daughter had a spoon made for me
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Batman66

With such high costs of food its a wonder you can afford those books you always find yourself with.....
Post 14 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte cereal is cheap, 3.84 for a box. It's hard to find so there is a Walmart about 15-20 minutes away. We normally buy all they have in stock when we go. 7-10 boxes at a time. So i don't spend money on food when I'm at work. I save a ton so I can justify spending more on books, lol. You have A LOT of amazing books, I think the main difference between our collections is that you have so many duplicate high dollar books, I tend to sell my duplicates to fund other books.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Many of us later arrivals to the Americas are unaware of this key secret ingredient:

1.5 pounds lean ground beef browned and drained
1 packet Lowreys Taco Seasoning
1 Small Yellow Can El Pato Hot Tomato Sauce

Refrigerate for soft tacos/burritos all week by serving it with:

Soft flour tortilla
Mexican blend shredded cheese
Green Chile Salsa
Monterey Jack Queso
Avocado/Guacamole Salsa
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Batman66

I was actually attempting humor. Sadly I'm not very good at it. But to eat cereal 2 meals a day, you have to save a fortune. I know that even a cheap take out meal is at least 10 bux a meal. That's a Lotta money after a Month is over for books.

In regards to comics. I kinda assumed you hoarded everything. By last count I thought you had like 3 to 5 copies of daredevil 1 alone.....
Post 17 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure what to cook tonight...but i think i can smell what the rock is cooking!!! and it's delicious!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
I eat everyday chocolate Cheerios for breakfast and for lunch.

Sounds like my teenager. Except lactose makes him sick to his stomach so his special needs milk is like $3.50 per half gallon. We buy them 5 at a time. At least twice I week I can expect my wife to say "I can't believe he drank all the milk!"
Post 19 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia

Raising kids is expensive..... =O
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Bronte, I understood your humor, I think your a riot. But I do enjoy saving money not having to buy breakfast or lunch. Especially when covid was at full force. My work truck is a ram 4500 quad cab with a 12' contractor bed and rarely does it fit in a drivethru, so getting lunch is a pain in the a$$ anyway. As far as hoarding books, I buy to resell to either upgrade or buy books I don't have for my collection. As far as daredevil, I have my 8.5,that's staying in the pc. I sold/traded my 4.0 for the 1.5. I made decent money and used that to buy more books. I will be selling the 1.5 at a later day, waiting for some more gain. I have 5 copies of X-men 94, and a couple of gsx1. it's probably my bigger dollar hordes right now. Probably keep 2 and sell the rest, again to obtain more books. I'm really enjoying moving books to obtain books.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia yeah I do go through milk, Costco 2 pack.
Post 22 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 23 IP   flag post
@Batman66

I was raised to never sell anything in general. If it wasn't for this past crisis of a year. I would still have a lot of books. Fortunately as you mentioned, I have duplicates.

I think that the duplicates is a lack of imagination though. A lot of books I originally bought were replacement books to what I had. Since joining the forums I have expanded my collection picking up stuff I never would have thought of in tbe past.

So in a way the forums has been a positive influence in my buying habits....
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Basil pesto, an often go to with anchovies tonight.
I also raise steers so red meat is a constant, as is salmon given living in Puget Sound area. I collect the comics, catch the fish and do the cooking. Often in my underwear. Kinda like Superman.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Corned beef / cabbage?

I can do boiled cabbage, but corned beef is out of the equation for any recipe.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder

Too many nitrates?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Pre_Coder

Too many nitrates?

Naw, just hate the flavor.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Everything bagel, cream cheese, capers, onion, and lox.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Been trying to lose some weight. One scoop plus 8 oz. Skim milk. = 180 calories and 30 grams of protein. Been replacing a meal with one of these a day. It is not too bad.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601492 999 30