Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeFor Sale

Selling Like Hotcakes14394

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
So within the last week I shared the sale of by Brave and the Bold 28 CGC 7.0.

Just today a buyer bought my other copy (CGC 6.5) along with a second book pictured below:

Now that my two biggest books are out the door here is what I have determined to be my top five still available for sale:

Marvel Super-Heroes # 13 (My Comic Shop $4,615.00)

Airboy Comics # 8 (My Comic Shop $3,940.00)

My Greatest Adventure # 80 (eBay $3,300.00)

All Star Comics # 5 (eBay $2,860.00)

Justice League of America # 12 (My Comic Shop $2,840.00)

Honorable Mention

Junior # 16 (eBay $2,625.00)

Post 1 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Congratulations. I remember years ago when I first discovered Starro I was thinking how I should find the first appearance because this is the kind of powerful character that would be in a movie one day. Then I learned that the first appearance of Starro was also the first Silver Age JLA and realized I would never own one. I'm just happy to see that my initial instincts were right and Starro is leading the new rise in demand.

Question, I see that Airboy book a lot and it is obviously expensive. What is behind the interest for that particular book, is it the unique bondage cover?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Did all 3 books (B&B 28 7.0, B&B 28 6.5, AA 1 8.0)sell on Ebay?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats, roll the cash into a higher grade and hold for a bit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Did all 3 books (B&B 28 7.0, B&B 28 6.5, AA 1 8.0)sell on Ebay?

Yes, all three books sold through ebay.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@drchaos Congratulations. I remember years ago when I first discovered Starro I was thinking how I should find the first appearance because this is the kind of powerful character that would be in a movie one day. Then I learned that the first appearance of Starro was also the first Silver Age JLA and realized I would never own one. I'm just happy to see that my initial instincts were right and Starro is leading the new rise in demand.

Question, I see that Airboy book a lot and it is obviously expensive. What is behind the interest for that particular book, is it the unique bondage cover?

Thanks!

I think the artwork is a big reason for the demand.

Tough book to find in high grade.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
Congrats, roll the cash into a higher grade and hold for a bit.

Thanks!

If you check out the auction wins thread you will see where some of the funds went.

I am currently putting together a CBCS submission for GSCF in June.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600444 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?