Can you spare a grade14328

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
..that miscut though....everyone seems to be ignoring how badly the cover is miscut

@Darkseid_of_town As you know, nobody has a bigger pet peeve against miswraps or miscut covers than myself.

@BigRed I think I might be able to compete with you on that pet peeve.

"Two Men enter... One Man Leaves" LOL
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Mis-wraps to my eye are a separate issue from mis-cuts which can mis-shape the book itself or prevent it from grading possibly and depending how it is cut

I agree that "miswraps" and "miscuts" are two different things.

Like the miswraps, there are plenty of books with less than desirable cuts residing slabs, higher grade slabs as well.

I also never heard of a miscut cover disqualifying a book from being graded, regardless of the severity.

The OP's book is most certainly gradable.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
..that miscut though....everyone seems to be ignoring how badly the cover is miscut

@Darkseid_of_town As you know, nobody has a bigger pet peeve against miswraps or miscut covers than myself.

You have absolutely no idea how many raw (personally inspected) ASM-129's I've turned downed. lol
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
yeah no....they are not the same thing. A mis-wrap is where a cover is poorly aligned at the spine resulting in both covers of the book being off centered.

A mis cut can be either cut out of adjustment top to bottom, side to side, or even slanted at any angle ....note and then the cover or sometimes the entire book is CUT wrong...not just wrapped...it is also then MISCUT giving the term its name. Aside from that a mis-cut can also refer to the pages being cut into the interior , the cover being cut multiple times creating many jagged edges, etc.

I know there are many mis cuts residing slabs however I also am aware of books so badly miscut they cannot be slabbed due to the fact they WILL NOT FIT INSIDE THE SLAB....which makes it ungradeable.
In the op's case, it is defnitely not a foregone conclusion it will be gradeable...if the cut is severe enough it cannot be encased, it will not be graded.

I am sure however CBCS will welcome your expertise in how to encase books that do not fit within slabs, sounds fun
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You have absolutely no idea how many raw (personally inspected) ASM-129's I've turned downed. lol

I hear on that. I have seen many ASM #129 books plagued by miswraped covers. For the money it commands I don't blame you one bit for holding out for a nice centered copy.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hear on that. I have seen many ASM #129 books plagued by miswraped covers. For the money it commands I don't blame you one bit for holding out for a nice centered copy.

How about 6 copies. @sborock probably personally graded 5 of them.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
yeah no....they are not the same thing. A mis-wrap is where a cover is poorly aligned at the spine resulting in both covers of the book being off centered.

A mis cut can be either cut out of adjustment top to bottom, side to side, or even slanted at any angle ....note and then the cover or sometimes the entire book is CUT wrong...not just wrapped...it is also then MISCUT giving the term its name. Aside from that a mis-cut can also refer to the pages being cut into the interior , the cover being cut multiple times creating many jagged edges, etc.

I know there are many mis cuts residing slabs however I also am aware of books so badly miscut they cannot be slabbed due to the fact they WILL NOT FIT INSIDE THE SLAB....which makes it ungradeable.
In the op's case, it is defnitely not a foregone conclusion it will be gradeable...if the cut is severe enough it cannot be encased, it will not be graded.

I am sure however CBCS will welcome your expertise in how to encase books that do not fit within slabs, sounds fun

I can concede that if can't fit in the case. I don't believe that's the case here.

Your sarcastic snarky remark was unnecessary, but predictable.
Post 32 IP   flag post
No more so than your pronouncment attempting to dismiss my concern the book might not be gradeable if it is miscut badly enough, also predictable, and unnecessary, so call it a wash
Post 33 IP   flag post
Silly me... I should have known better.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
I got the book in today and the stain doesn't go through the book. The book looked much darker in the picture then it really is. Colors look great and as far as the cut it doesn't seem to off in person. I'll be sending it to cfp comics for a press and clean. Hes the only guy I've sent my stuff to.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Good luck with the comic and I hope it does well for you.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Good luck with the comic and I hope it does well for you.
thanks, I hope it does as well. From what I understand turnaround times are a bit crazy so ill probably g wait a bit. Until some normalcy returns.
Post 37 IP   flag post
600914 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?