Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

wow, market is unreal right now14320

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The 1st time we see those claws exposed in an MCU teaser/trailer I can't even imagine where the 181 will go.
That is still probably several years from now.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TellEmSteveDave
What’s up with Daeredevil #1? I’m seeing listings for 4.0 copies going for double what I paid about three months ago.
I know he’s supposed to be in the new Spider-Man flick in some form or another. Other than that haven’t heard a peep.

There’s also been some blogs written about how undervalued DD 1 is.

GoCollect recently had a blog on it and I think a couple of the more popular YouTube channels covered it, too.

We seem to be in the Jim Cramer era of comic collecting.

If you can yell, have some crazy sound effects and extensive knowledge of comics, there’s probably an appetite for a comic investing show...
Post 202 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I find that the massive price increases actually makes me realize that some of my books are currently not as valuable to me as they are to the market.

100%!!! slowly getting books slabbed and will go for sale...books I really don't care about I will be more than happy to sell at prices I think are crazy!!....aaaaand with luck pickup some books I really do want!

This, exactly.

I’m dumping a lot of these flash in the pan books while the market is crazy for them.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
It is likely that the 181 moving forward now will be the best investment of the two books, although the past year would have been rather obviously better to go the Giant size route. If we start getting x men rumors and casting announcemments, it will drive Giant size 1 for another year or two...if they utilize the main characters introduced in the book...Storm, Thunderbird, Colossus, and Nightcrawler. I honestly do not see them moving forward without some version of Storm and Nightcrawler....at bare minimium. Also giant size technically introduces Colossus' sister who becomes Magik, and they might well utilize that character as well....allowing that in the New Mutants, she pretty much stole the show.

Side Note: If they do follow the secret invasion storyline, and utilize Mystique, we may well get an intro for Nightcrawler, via that arc as well.
Will Deadpool 3 bring us more of Colosssus? Does that help the Giant size book any? Not really sure it has this far at least.

Alot will depend on when and how fast they capitalize on the wolverine character...

Once they do introduce wolverine alot will depend how it is done and who is chosen, what incarnation of the character etc. There is alot of room to really screw it up if they arent careful.
If they do things as they have in the past, with superb casting, a decent story arc, and some good supporting characters, the book will climb very well.

What alot of people arent really getting is that they might well choose to leave Logan dead...and utilize the female character in which case 181 becomes a great book that isnt supported by the Cinematic universe. That is another reason I am very leery of getting anywhere near Hulk 181.

If they wander into a scenario where you get wolverine and hulk squaring off in the Canadian wilderness with a surprise visit from Wendigo and they manage to fix the weak spots in the plot, and original storyline......and somehow Hulk is healed and returns to being a creature of rage and fury, then I would think 181 has a great chance. Sadly I dont see this happening for multiple obvious reasons.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
I have paid fair market value as per Go Collect on an Iron Man 1 CGC 8.0 (off-white - white pages), Defenders 1 CGC 8.5 (white pages), Werewolf By Night 1 CGC 8.5 (white pages), Nick Fury Agent of Shield 1 CGC 8.5 (white pages) and just today a Captain Marvel 1 CGC 9.0 (white pages). Seems Go Collect is behind on the price jumps and I have been leveraging their FMV prices as a negotiating tool when buying my PC slabs.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Literally the definition of a useless price guide, that lags so far behind you can buy books for far less than market value, utilizing its information.

On the plus side it should make a great buyers tool....as long as you aren't trying to sell anything and get fair prices.

perhaps use gocollect to buy and finished sales to sale by !

Nice buying skills Doc, I think thats highly intelligent on your part
Post 206 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Cop
I have paid fair market value as per Go Collect on an Iron Man 1 CGC 8.0 (off-white - white pages), Defenders 1 CGC 8.5 (white pages), Werewolf By Night 1 CGC 8.5 (white pages), Nick Fury Agent of Shield 1 CGC 8.5 (white pages) and just today a Captain Marvel 1 CGC 9.0 (white pages). Seems Go Collect is behind on the price jumps and I have been leveraging their FMV prices as a negotiating tool when buying my PC slabs.

Nice job picking white page books.

Years ago when I picked up my subby and ironman and subby 1s in 9.4 since I was prepared to hit the trigger paying $400-$500 each for them I targeted only white page copies.

Easier to sell in the future against other copies with off-white pages in the same grade.and you can probably get maybe a little more money for them 👍
Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector vision6797 private msg quote post Address this user
I was thinking yesterday of how, when i started collecting in 1969 and through the 70s and 80s how comic books werent cool lol, but i kept buying , reading and collecting them, with the blessing of parents. And now i could actually laugh all the way to the bank. I just shake my head how the speculaters are actually making harder for the honest collector to collect. Lol i just keep shaking my head and keep collecting.
Post 208 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision6797
I was thinking yesterday of how, when i started collecting in 1969 and through the 70s and 80s how comic books werent cool lol, but i kept buying , reading and collecting them, with the blessing of parents. And now i could actually laugh all the way to the bank. I just shake my head how the speculaters are actually making harder for the honest collector to collect. Lol i just keep shaking my head and keep collecting.

You raise, what I think, is an important point.

While the market is crazy right now, all of us collectors have a real opportunity to do well out of this and rebalance our collections.

It won’t be great if huge keys are out of reach, but I’m not convinced this is permanent.

And if it is the new normal, I’ll just adjust my collecting strategy.

One can’t expect the comic market will stay the same forever.
Post 209 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town

While the data might not be trending your way right now, I’m still a big believer in your theory on GSX 1.

Now, if I can just get my hands on one.
Post 210 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@Darkseid_of_town

While the data might not be trending your way right now, I’m still a big believer in your theory on GSX 1.

Now, if I can just get my hands on one.
I think it important to realize that if someone had bought into a Giant size x men 1 a year ago, when I was pretty much tarred and feathered for even suggesting it, you would be dollar wise far ahead of having bought a hulk 181 at that same time. The price gains Giant size 1 has made compared to hulk 181 are hard to argue against. I remember the comments....about Hulk 181 being the best book to buy "All day, everyday, hands down" ..nowdays it isnt quite that simple though.
The coming few years will prove amusing..if the cinematic efforts really jack up the new x men, giant size 1 will fly higher....and if we get a promising version of wolverine utilizing the original character 181 may emerge and move higher...really could go either way..but if they utilize a female wolverine, 181 will be a book not supported by the current cinematic universe, and Giant size will fly even higher.
Post 211 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Not just Marvel, although Marvel is king.
I have noticed as examples Hawkman 4 5.0 sold for $560 in February, double that now in April. Other middling DC keys (like Detective 400) are also making decent jumps although Dell, (like Four Color 596 1st Turok) has done nothing. I’ll keep mine anyway in case Native Americans versus dinosaurs ever becomes a thing. Plus I find many Dell and Charlton cool and affordable. Early Archie titles and horror/Conan magazines too.
Post 212 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town

Oh, I’m sold. I just was only pointing to GSX 1 not being at the same value as Hulk 181, but as you pointed out, there’s more to the story.

Now if someone gifted me Hulk 181, I would not turn it down. It’s still a major key.

However, if I ended up with enough cash to buy GSX or 181, I’m going GSX.

I think in the long run, I’d be pretty happy with it.

Consider me a believer!
Post 213 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
its gotta be Logan to start. certainly X-23 will show up at some point (Daken as well I imagine), but they will get an extra decade out of the Wolverine name if they establish as Logan then do the legacy thing with X-23.

plus everyone wants to see the OG done right. Jackman was great but he was like 35% off. stood up to straight and had nowhere near enough body hair. should be grumpier and sound like he just woke up from a cigar bing too
Post 214 IP   flag post
But ...it doesnt have to be. Some at Marvel have already speculated that the character ran its course with multiple movies and they are not in any hurry to revisit it. In fact most speculation at this point is leaning towards x 23 for this very reason. I dont agree everyone wants to see yet another long drawn out wolverine saga...the general public that buys those movie tickets just isnt as in love with the character as many comic reading fans and they want new characters, new materials and new stories.
When you allow for inflation none, not one of the wolverine franchise cracked the top fifty grossing movies. There are just too many other movies that Disney(marvel) can spend their time, efforts and money developing....
Perhaps once enough time passes and the previous 20 years of less than stellar wolverine flicks is forgotten they can revisit it profitably.
Further when you look at the outlay of movies coming over the next few years, there is no extra slot there for anything called Wolverine. Marvel has already started the next phase and they chose NOT to move forward with the character. Perhaps a stage or two further, or they might intro the character as a supporting type, but it tells you something that things like Shang Chi, and the Eternals were greenlighted over a wolverine film once they secured the rights.
Post 215 IP   flag post
I think disney+ will be Logans new home until x-men get cooking (rumor has it they are working on an anthology). also they were fast to reboot Spider-man after some less than optimal (yet $$$ making) films. Wolverine has lots of non comic fans as a result of the 90s cartoon and games and even the movies. im hoping they give the original X-men the first film and then work the pre-established (other movies/shows) Wolverine, colossus, storm and all.

another big seller.... TOS #57 CGC 3.5 $1199.99 OBO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363363641825?hash=item549a2929e1%3Ag%3AW2MAAOSwuFVge1z8&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Post 216 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel studios isn't dumb and hast made any foul up's yet. They will wait for the right moment to roll out MCU Logan. They'll just keep building they hype for him so when he finally drops, it will be huge.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited
I think disney+ will be Logans new home until x-men get cooking (rumor has it they are working on an anthology). also they were fast to reboot Spider-man after some less than optimal (yet $$$ making) films. Wolverine has lots of non comic fans as a result of the 90s cartoon and games and even the movies. im hoping they give the original X-men the first film and then work the pre-established (other movies/shows) Wolverine, colossus, storm and all.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363363641825?hash=item549a2929e1%3Ag%3AW2MAAOSwuFVge1z8&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Logan on Disney+ makes far more sense...
They moved fast to reboot spiderman yes, but then that wasnt marvel and Disney was it? Disney is far more cautious, calculating and does the research.....

Wolverine might have non comic fans, but Disney is aimed at internantional releases...many countries just dont fan boy the character the way americans do...so instead we get...Shang Chi anyone?
Post 218 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
Marvel studios isn't dumb and hast made any foul up's yet. They will wait for the right moment to roll out MCU Logan. They'll just keep building they hype for him so when he finally drops, it will be huge.
I wouldnt say Marvel studios has a perfect record given a few of the less ..."popular" movies...looking at you Iron man 3, and Thor 2..for instance. I think its just the public is more forgiving of the ones they do make...as for MCU Logan I think its years off IF at all..they will wait their time....I agree
Post 219 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:

They moved fast to reboot spiderman yes, but then that wasnt marvel and Disney was it? Disney is far more cautious, calculating and does the research.....

Wolverine might have non comic fans, but Disney is aimed at internantional releases...many countries just dont fan boy the character the way americans do...so instead we get...Shang Chi anyone?

Spiderman (the one with ironman) re-boot was a Marvel/Sony joint with marvel taking over most of the creative.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #275 CGC 9.8 $499.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174732346834?hash=item28aedc05d2%3Ag%3A5S8AAOSwwbZgdzRJ&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Post 220 IP   flag post
They know Hugh is hard to top so they're taking their time. Meanwhile as speculation builds 180,181,182,gsx1 and whatever else will be worth the price of a kidney or the cost to buy a small country.
Post 221 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:

Spiderman (the one with ironman) re-boot was a Marvel/Sony joint with marvel taking over most of the creative.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #275 CGC 9.8 $499.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174732346834?hash=item28aedc05d2%3Ag%3A5S8AAOSwwbZgdzRJ&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Marvel taking over most of the creative...yes, but OWNERSHIP was Sony.
Post 222 IP   flag post
What are the odds that Marvel uses that iconic costume??
Post 223 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Think I was lucky buying in in gsx1 a low grade 2.5 over 2 years ago and I think it's jumped 50 percent.
Also I notice no one talking about x-men 94 so picked up 2 vgs and those books have jumped 100 percent over the last couple of years.
Post 224 IP   flag post
x men 94 is legitimate on fire....and add to that it was the first issue that resumed new stories after the reprints so some people forgot to get it...then factor in that all too hard to find in nice shape, black cover and whoosh
Post 225 IP   flag post
Well, let’s think about this for a second: how is the MCU going to introduce mutants?

This seems like a couple of phases out. You’d need to introduce them in a way that sets the stage for more conflict.

So, maybe mutants start showing up and Magneto recruits the brotherhood. This might be enough to bring in other heroes.

Even though it’s been done, the Phoenix saga might make the most sense.

Say, X-Men get a couple of movies to establish the characters and set up Jean for being the Phoenix.

Third MCU X-Men movie introduces the Shiar and Star Jammers.

Jean to save the galaxy goes into the Mkrann Crystal. The power corrupts her on the way back to earth. Phoenix fights GotG in one of their movies, then an Avengers/ X-Men movie with Wolverine killing jean.

Something like that...
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing Spiderman 300 9.8 CGC $6900

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203352774129

This book is just getting outrageous lately, even decent grade raws selling for 1k+
Post 227 IP   flag post
What's the price now for first U.S agent?? this non sense has got to stop at some point....right?
Post 228 IP   flag post
They will likely wait till after the new Doctor Strange movie which will set up the multi verse....similar to Dc's own multiple universe thing.

Once they do that, the spiderman movie for instance can then work with the multiverse characters it already has shown and exposed.

Given that we could well expect a different world that has x men on it, and fantastic four, allowing an easy answer why they were not there to help fight Thanos before.

Once there is a multi verse to play in, they can make wolverine a character in one universe, x 23 in another, etc.

That will be a few stages out....but the groundwork is already there in front of you....for instance the Jonah Jameson you saw in the closing credits was the one from the original set of spiderman movies...why?
Post 229 IP   flag post
@Sebastsk8 just looked it up, don't do ebay so it says unavailable.

Did it sell for that price?
Post 230 IP   flag post
601524 344 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?