Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

wow, market is unreal right now14320

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania

Leave in slab and let them remove. They are more familiar with breaking open cases than you prolly are. Plus it adds additional protection during shipment
Post 251 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
So I have a NYX 3 graded by PGX. If I send it in to be pressed and regraded should I leave it in the slab or crack it out myself?

I have submitted a few books to CBCS for regrading, I left them in their slabs.
Post 252 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
HULK #181 CBCS 5.5 $4059

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194045267602?hash=item2d2dffce92%3Ag%3AH-wAAOSwe99geysn&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Post 253 IP   flag post
SHE HULK #1 CGC 9.8 $1699

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164822683189?hash=item2660328e35%3Ag%3AUCsAAOSw3gNgfgwm&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector Lord_Raiden private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comixcited
SHE HULK #1 CGC 9.8 $1699

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164822683189?hash=item2660328e35%3Ag%3AUCsAAOSw3gNgfgwm&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

i've got two of these at CGC right now

one will be a 9.8 and the other may be depending on the press.

when those come back, looks like i may be selling
Post 255 IP   flag post

Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
This one is going crazy right now....sell or hold?

Hold. Then sell.
Post 256 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel Premiere 10 is gaining steam, too, I guess. I bought this a while back for $15 something because of the character Shuma Gorath. I knew about him from playing Marvel Vs Capcom so I just thought he was a weird character and bought the book.

I had this copy graded by CBCS after it was signed by Steve Englehart and it came back a 9.0.

Post 257 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Marvel Premiere 10 is gaining steam, too, I guess. I bought this a while back for $15 something because of the character Shuma Gorath. I knew about him from playing Marvel Vs Capcom so I just thought he was a weird character and bought the book.

I had this copy graded by CBCS after it was signed by Steve Englehart and it came back a 9.0.

DANG! this one just sold for $227. I call it a vg/fn

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274758105793?hash=item3ff8dbfac1%3Ag%3AciYAAOSwTMBgddmS&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Post 258 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I saved it for the wrong reason β€œdeath of ancient one”. But at least I saved it and now I know, thanks to you
Post 259 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I remember the good old days 5 years ago haha when you could go to a con and come away with books like these.

Thinking just one book in today's market is worth what the four cost me all up.

Post 260 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@doog I read an article somewhere that mentioned Shuma Gorath, potentially, as a baddie in Doctor Strange 2. So I guess this is a direct result of that.
Post 261 IP   flag post
SHANNA #1 CGC 9.4 $495

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143876021595?hash=item217faddd5b%3Ag%3ApF8AAOSwtMVfzcpe&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

THE CAT #1 CGC 9.4 $699

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143922149512?hash=item21826db888%3Ag%3Am9cAAOSwU6lgBlFN&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

MARVEL CHILLERS #3 CGC 9.8 $999.95

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324573988351?hash=item4b921e05ff%3Ag%3AtEYAAOSw9nBgeNlm&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Post 262 IP   flag post
X-MEN #35 raw (I call it a VF+/-) $450

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203339006775?hash=item2f57f30337%3Ag%3AgEMAAOSwPVJgbVWH&nma=true&si=Fnf59iOYBkohjUuo1mvbXItFRE0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Post 263 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@comixcited just wow on The Cat.

Bought a 9.2 cgc white pages from my lcs many years ago only because the price was $30 Australian.
The price to have it graded so the book was free at the time when I thought about it. If only we can turn back that clock πŸ‘
Post 264 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Just to add another ridiculous price to the list...ASM 316s selling for 200+ raw, a few 9.8s sold in the past couple weeks - 3 for 1500-1600 and another just sold a week ago for 2700.

It's a nice cover and first cover appearance of venom but...that is outrageous. Makes me feel even better about my lethal protector 1 gold purchase for so cheap.
Post 265 IP   flag post
That is bat guano crazy
Post 266 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
Just to add another ridiculous price to the list...ASM 316s selling for 200+ raw, a few 9.8s sold in the past couple weeks - 3 for 1500-1600 and another just sold a week ago for 2700.

It's a nice cover and first cover appearance of venom but...that is outrageous. Makes me feel even better about my lethal protector 1 gold purchase for so cheap.

I love this book. Especially because I have 2 9.8s in the basement, and 3 more on the way back.
Post 267 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I sold an 8.0 yesterday for $675 and thought I'd try my luck at an upgrade tonight:

Post 268 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I sold an 8.0 yesterday for $675 and thought I'd try my luck at an upgrade tonight:

Like a stubborn old mule, eh? Such an amazing cover, everyone should have one. Mine is an 8.5 with color touch. I'm thankful for the color touch, otherwise I would have sold it years ago when I was broke and wasted the money on frivolities such as socks and underwear. That ending price should make you feel ok about the price you sold for, yes?
Post 269 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely happy with the price I sold it for, especially considering I bought it for $285 in February of this year. I still have my other copy that's maybe a 7.0 with a $50 bill slipped into the middle of the book for one lucky grader or 5.0-6.0 without the bribe.
Post 270 IP   flag post
@flanders When I first came on the forum I was much more in a "sell anything that people will pay for" mode of collecting. So many times I came so close to putting my 8.5 color touch on the forum and seeing if I could get a hundred bucks for it. Back then paying $40 plus grading and getting $100 felt like kind of a big deal. I'm so glad I still have it, I can't figure out where the color touch is.
Post 271 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I'm inconsistent with my sales decisions. Sometimes I'm in the mood to sell and even contemplate selling most of my slabs and focusing more on reading comics and other times I act like a strange hoarder that doesn't even want to throw away the receipts of my comic purchases. Fortunately I made a display for my comics so now I'll be less likely to have poor judgement and sell off certain parts of my collection. I'm glad you held onto the WWBN.

Post 272 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@EbayMafia I'm inconsistent with my sales decisions. Sometimes I'm in the mood to sell and even contemplate selling most of my slabs and focusing more on reading comics and other times I act like a strange hoarder that doesn't even want to throw away the receipts of my comic purchases.

@flanders I don't think that the wavering makes you unusual. I'm amazed how often I will think I've committed to a path only to change direction a few months later. Kind of ironic for a stubborn old mule I guess. I think the forum input has a big impact on my thinking. Before the forum I could stick on the same path for years, now you all got me blowing around like that plastic bag in American Beauty. I do think that having a display will make some books more permanent for you, I know it did for me.
Post 273 IP   flag post
Very good tactic that I use.
I've got a bad habit of trading books with dealers to get books I want.
Trading with a dealer I never get a good deal.
Why I display my low grade books so I don't do anything silly and trade them.
It's worked and those low grade books have mostly increased since I hadn't traded them and put them on display.
πŸ‘

Post 274 IP   flag post
@southerncross your collection is one of those forum influences that made me realize that lower grade or even restored is ok for me. Maybe the value will never be huge, but just owning the artifact is 80% of the fun for me, higher grade is a nice-to-have, but not a necessity. I know some would disagree but I've never been accused of being real detail-oriented. The first time someone told me that "great" was the enemy of "good enough" I was like "hey, that's been my mindset my whole life, just never put it into words". Which is also why I could never be a professional comic grader, lol.
Post 275 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia I've always been a budget collector. I've only bought 2 books at $700 range. Avengers 1 came back 6.5 and my romance book that I just got when you add washington taxes and shipping.

Everything else $500 and less.
Good range for me are books under $100.

Rubbish in today's market but in the past when I picked my books subby 1 $434 9.4
It was a nice time.

Others here will have better books then me though I think I did ok.

And I hunt bargains.
I only have 2 restored books in my collection.
A flash 105 incomplete restored for $50
Sub-mariner 36 from the 1950s incomplete restored $50

So I'm the bargain collector hunting for cool books underpriced in my opinion πŸ‘
Post 276 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
The grade never meant too much to me as long as the book was presentable. The more "important" (i.e. usually more expensive) the book the more latitude I give on the presentation. Upgrading is always an option (although at this very moment in the hobby, it's a little tougher). I always felt it's better to have the book than not have it. If the price is fair for the condition the book is in, then I'd usually go for it, and upgrade later if needed or wanted. I have a bunch of mid/lower grade books that present pretty well.

I used to be completely turned off on Incomplete and Restored. It's still not my preference and I don't actively seek them out but I have softened on them a bit...again, depending on the book. Incomplete should not impact story/art but if an AF15 came along at a price you can't refuse, you buy it.
Post 277 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Since the market ha spiraled out of control on a lot of issues, I'm just going to collect run fillers and moderns till this madness sorts it's self out. I shouldn't have to donate blood and semen to pay for first appearances of second tier characters. In fact, I don't think I'd go that far for an AF15.....

wait a minute, yes I would. Totally would.
Post 278 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I have a package arriving on Monday from the UK. I was surprised the seller settled on the price. I agreed to pay all the PayPal and customs fees (thanks UPS). Long story short, he had some books I was looking for, I made an offer, he accepted, then he disappeared for a few weeks. Comes back last week and says he still wants to make the sale. We both know the SA books he has have jumped in the last few months but he stuck with our initial agreement and I have to give him credit for that. Anyways, UPS called and said I owe money for them because they or someone in customs determined the value to be higher than the $2500 the books were insured for. So, while the market is f***y at the moment, there are still good people to work out buying, selling, and trading with. Unfortunately some dealer from CA made his way through the area so I'm not sure my endeavors will be fruitful this weekend. Better this guy than Dale.
Post 279 IP   flag post
@Comicninja0215 why I've been hunting DCs

Apart from say Hawkman 4 and HOS and Neil Adams Batman's, few DCs are cheap.

One character I like is Rose and Thorn.

Lois lane 105 1st appearance.
I've picked up copies in the 6.0-7.0 for $15-$20.

Find me a 1970 Marvel first appearance for that money.

Granted no tv no movie so the book is probably not investment material.
I like the character and the story line so why not! πŸ‘
Post 280 IP   flag post
598066 344 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?