Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestions

Chelsea Cain Issues Statement onTwitter Exit1432

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
If you've been following the news lately, you know there was a lot of backlash on social media towards Chelsea Cain, the writer of the 8 issue Mockingbird run and issue #8. In fact, she deleted herself from Twitter over the harrassment.

She issued a statement on her person page about the controversy.

I am interested to her all your perspectives and opinions on the matter. Please though keep it respectful and polite :-)

http://www.comicbooked.com/chelsea-cain/

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Never heard of the character, book or story.

Never heard of the writer.

I do not tweet or twit, and never would. It is a cesspool by all accounts.

I will forget all of this tomorrow, except for the picture of the hot slim chick on this cover.

And that's the truth.

Now, what were we talking about?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Never heard of the character

You don't have one of these?

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Feminism died in the late 1960's The contemporary, female charlatans just don't accept it! They are a tribe filled with pseudo anger, and laughable intent. Im overly tired of writers infusing their political, and cultural ideology into comic books. Yes, its always been done to a small degree, but never like this.

'Faith' by Valiant and the Hillary Clinton propaganda issue i'll call it? Pathetic. Just STFU about your politics you arse wipes. My father taught me to "Respect the art not necessarily the artist" that protocol gets more difficult to follow every year!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
This world is way to PC for me lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Never heard of the character

You don't have one of these?

Who knows. But if I do, I for sure never read it. Just filed it away.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
@WilliamRkelly Dude, can you just create your own "want to buy" thread and stop posting this everywhere please?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga I've explained the proper protocol to him and deleted the posts
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot
Feminism died in the late 1960's

But the struggle for equality is alive and well.
The misogynistic ideals that these haters cling to is an obsolete way of thinking.

I don't really care for the re-imagining of old characters either, but I express my disdain for it the best way possible: I don't buy the books.
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Is Mockingbird a lesbian yet?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Ah yes. The poor comic collectors all up in arms about change yet again. Comics have been loaded with agendas forever. That cover is actually pretty funny because MB is about as far from what most people think a feminist is.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Ah yes. The poor comic collectors all up in arms about change yet again. Comics have been loaded with agendas forever. That cover is actually pretty funny because MB is about as far from what most people think a feminist is.

It's amazing how many people who know what issue so and so first appeared do not know the history of the relation of comics to social issues. Race relations, drug use, domestic violence, GLBT issues, politics and yes even women's issues.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics
Quote:

It's amazing how many people who know what issue so and so first appeared do not know the history of the relation of comics to social issues. Race relations, drug use, domestic violence, GLBT issues, politics and yes even women's issues.

Please, elucidate us all that "do not know the history" of comics and social issues? I'd love to learn
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Please, elucidate us all that "do not know the history" of comics and social issues? I'd love to learn

I don't have that kind of time, but I will point you in the right direction.

Start here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4MN3a59yUQ

Read this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1613733321/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477855257&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=lois+lane+history

Then this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0804173400/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477855345&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=history+of+wonder+woman

When you're done with these, then feel free to message me and I will be more than happy to suggest more material.
Post 14 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't have that kind of time, but I will point you in the right direction.

Start here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4MN3a59yUQ

Read this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1613733321/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477855257&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=lois+lane+history

Then this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0804173400/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477855345&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=history+of+wonder+woman

When you're done with these, then feel free to message me and I will be more than happy to suggest more material.

Post 15 IP   flag post
598032 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?