Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

Passed Away 4-5-202114314

Collector rick13336 private msg quote post Address this user
With great sadness I am posting about the passing of Joye Hummel Murchison Kelly. Joye wrote as a ghostwriter for Dr. William Marston and under her own name (Joye Hummel)in the early Golden Age Wonder Woman comics. Mom Joye passed Monday April 5th 2021.

Gonna' miss you mom Joye.

Rick
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
R.I.P. Joye. Thanks for all you did.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Very sad news about a pioneer in the comic world that never received the accolades and recognition she truly deserved. My condolences on your loss.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@rick13336 so sorry for your loss R.I.P. Joye

@esaravo well said
Post 4 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
RIP. Joye was presented the Bill Finger Award in 2018 and was credited with almost 60 comics, but I am sure that there were more.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Such a tragic loss for the entire hobby, and wonder woman fans in particular. I am quite saddened and feel this one more than many other creators as I have spent alot of time and effort researching and learning about both Joye and Olive Byrne as well. Rest in Peace and thanks for all that you did for the hobby !
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Rest In Peace Joye Hummel Murchison Kelly.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick13336
With great sadness I am posting about the passing of Joye Hummel Murchison Kelly. Joye wrote as a ghostwriter for Dr. William Marston and under her own name (Joye Hummel)in the early Golden Age Wonder Woman comics. Mom Joye passed Monday April 5th 2021.

Gonna' miss you mom Joye.

Rick
Sorry for your own loss as well ....she was truly a pioneer and walked hand in hand with some of the hobby's Legends. I had corresponded briefly with her through her husband ( I assume your father) I had gone to the effort of sending her some things to sign, but her health declined and the items were of course returned as sent. I wish had I known more about her sooner and could have come to appreciate her work at a younger age...I so regret having never met her. So sorry for your own loss and I hope she will always fill you with immmense pride in her accomplishments
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
RIP

@rick13336 our community sends its condolences. I'm sorry for your loss.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
@rick13336 Sorry for you I know as a community of this hobby your lost can be felt through us all. She maybe gone but she Will Never be Forgotten. God speed Joye Hummel Murchison Kelly.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
R.I.P.
Thanks for your contribution to our great hobby!
Post 11 IP   flag post
600756 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?