Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I hope this counts as "New to your collection" since I didn't know I owned it till this weekend when I found it in a long box. I even bought a graded one "for the first time" less than a year ago.

Been there... ain't it great!
Post 201 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Batman66 lol I gave away a issue 2 of adolescent radioactive black belt hamsters for the secret Santa last Xmas.

I did get a sweet nun cover romance book in return 👍

Was it the Crying Nun cover?
Post 202 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here's some that I got recently. The HOM is an ebay purchase, the rest is from MCS, either preorders or backissues. For those that are wondering about MCS grading of raw books, the Supergirl got a very good and the Spawns got fine. And being patient and putting books on a MCS want list really pays off!! I have waited years for the Supergirl and Suicide Forest comics!!! Then, the prices, availability and condition all lined up this last month to get them!! This ended up being a HUGE mail call for me!! I'm looking forward to reading them!!

Please forgive the glare on the high gloss covers.

Post 203 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I'm not a bit surprised there was a Tank Girl in the batch.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Batman66 lol I gave away a issue 2 of adolescent radioactive black belt hamsters for the secret Santa last Xmas.

I did get a sweet nun cover romance book in return 👍

Was it the Crying Nun cover?

Yep 👍

Post 205 IP   flag post

Quote:

LOL

It's number four of the current "King Tank Girl" run. The series only goes for 5 issues though. I've pre-ordered a copy of each one. I hope they don't wait too long before coming out with another series.
Post 206 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 207 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

LOL

It's number four of the current "King Tank Girl" run. The series only goes for 5 issues though. I've pre-ordered a copy of each one. I hope they don't wait too long before coming out with another series.
That supergirl book though....good job getting one. I generally knock them down as fast as they come in at MCS
Post 208 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

LOL

That supergirl book though....good job getting one. I generally knock them down as fast as they come in at MCS

So YOU'RE the one!!! LOL

Yeah, that one is for my Bigfoot cover collection!! I'm quite happy to finally add it to my collection!!
Post 209 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Guilty as charged...ive run up about ten copies plus a slab on that book. Look at the bright side, I have definitely helped the value of your copy to some extent
Post 210 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 211 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Found in an unopened package from last year. I guess I set it aside to "decontaminate" and forgot about it, lol. I'm glad I didn't buy another one as I'm sure this one was much cheaper.

Post 212 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

been on the hunt for this one for awhile, came out in 49 and predates ghost rider. Plus it's just an amazing cover
Post 213 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Always liked that cover! Got the feeling it came out of a committee.
Post 214 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Congratulations!

That really is an awesome cover.
Post 215 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I feel bad following these books with mine but I'm gonna do it. Ive learned to mostly not buy store, retailer, and numerous prints on books from everyone. Today I was hypnotized by sweet covers.

What? Foil? Scorpion homage? Sure!!!!

I still don't know anything about this title but it was sitting there and thats a nice cover.
Post 216 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked these up off to CBCS for CPR and sig verification.

Post 217 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I feel bad following these books with mine but I'm gonna do it. Ive learned to mostly not buy store, retailer, and numerous prints on books from everyone. Today I was hypnotized by sweet covers.

What? Foil? Scorpion homage? Sure!!!!

Uh-huh. Not to mention the shirtless Keanu looking like a big ol man mountain.
Post 218 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I thought ripping the spine out was Sub-Zero's move?

That cover is awesome. I see one on ebay for over $100, how much did you get that for @heinzdad?
Post 219 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Aaaaahhh yes, it was Sub Zero’s.

I got the BRZRKR for 40. It was right place right time. I was going thru all the #2 covers and the owner came and sat that book on the stack. I picked it right up and said how cool it was and he muttered something about how much fleabay wanted already. I had never seen it. Honestly, I just thought it was an incentive variant for 2 and I didn’t find out until I re bagged it that it was a 3rd print of 1, lol.
Post 220 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just negotiated a deal on this. Quite an upgrade from a 2.5.

Now to upgrade my Batman 181 & TTA 44!

Only thing is, this must be an ancient slab. It has no paper quality designation. It’s beautiful for a 6.0. Once i have it in hand, I’ll decide between a reholder & a full Press/Regrade.

Post 221 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim - Very nice! That is not an early CGC slab. If you have a scan of the back of the slab, it should state the page quality (and grade) on the left side of the back label.
Post 222 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@00slim - Very nice! That is not an early CGC slab. If you have a scan of the back of the slab, it should state the page quality (and grade) on the left side of the back label.

Post 223 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Couple more cool GA comics today. Not sure yet what I'm going to, or want to do, with them.

Post 224 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim - That's odd. Here's the old label that I am thinking of:

Post 225 IP   flag post
@esaravo Yeah, I remember those now.

Maybe a quality control oversight?

Looks like a candidate for a reholder. I purchased the notes & don’t see it improving with a press.

Post 226 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim beautiful book, I don't know if I would risk a press/clean with the spine split, even just the graders opening the book could cause more damage.
Post 227 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these 2 up yesterday in a trade for a comic in which I had triplicates of the same issue. Been jonesing for the Bisley Conan ever since I saw Bisley post it for his Kickstarter sketchbook. Finally in my possession after making the trade quite some time ago.

Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 229 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Bargain hunting at my lcs today for books to read.
Nothing special, all $20 each so right in my wheel house for fun books to read.

Post 230 IP   flag post
601275 999 30