Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
bought my grail. Funny how we decide what is the must have.

Odd thing is I needed the redder cover, the just as common more orange one (example below) was 2nd best to me, regardless of grade.

Post 176 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up from Mile High Comics.
(Gotta have the Duke!)

Post 177 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 178 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in today! The Maevel Limited edition of Secrets Behind the Comics! This makes the second to last book I need to have all the Marvel Limited releases. All that’s left is Hulk: Future Imperfect. Hopefully I can nab that one for under $100

Post 179 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Just received today from the CBCS in-house signing with Howard Chaykin.
Post 180 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

Just received today from the CBCS in-house signing with Howard Chaykin.

Super cool and great grades!!! Congrats!
Post 181 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Good news is that I went to a small comic show on Saturday. Better news is that I played poker Friday night and won enough of other peoples money to buy ALL of the comics shown below. So in my mind, I got all of these for free!

Post 182 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked these up today from a local guy, I've bought lots of his X-men so far, have a few more to go
Post 183 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 nice pick ups πŸ‘
Post 184 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross thanks
Post 185 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 187 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
May, 1939
Post 188 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
May, 1939

Nice pulp!

So, is the guy in the foreground trying to make a fashion statement with the suit coat that has one long sleeve and one short sleeve? Or maybe the arm of a killer got grafted onto his body and his "good" arm (the one WITH a sleeve) is trying to stop his evil arm from shooting someone. πŸ˜„

Either way, it's awesome. πŸ‘
Post 189 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user

Nothing fancy or pricey, but I saw a reference to this issue a few days ago in an article about β€œworst costume changes ever” and it’s a great Bolland cover, so picked one up.
Post 190 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
May, 1939

Nice pulp!

So, is the guy in the foreground trying to make a fashion statement with the suit coat that has one long sleeve and one short sleeve? Or maybe the arm of a killer got grafted onto his body and his "good" arm (the one WITH a sleeve) is trying to stop his evil arm from shooting someone. πŸ˜„

Either way, it's awesome. πŸ‘
Love, those are all legitimate questions and probably all of thee above 🀣

Thanks man, appreciate it!
Post 191 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent pickups

Post 192 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I hope this counts as "New to your collection" since I didn't know I owned it till this weekend when I found it in a long box. I even bought a graded one "for the first time" less than a year ago.

Post 193 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort

Nice find
Post 194 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Fractured Fairy Tales #1 minty file copy.

Post 195 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@sportshort

Nice find

Thanks. Ain't senility wonderful. LOL
Post 196 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Fractured Fairy Tales #1 minty file copy.

One of my all time favorite cartoons along with Super Chicken. So, funny.
Post 197 IP   flag post

fun mail call, creature of the ID 1st madman. Thinking of cracking for a press, definitely would get a grade bump love these madman covers
Post 198 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 lol I gave away a issue 2 of adolescent radioactive black belt hamsters for the secret Santa last Xmas.

I did get a sweet nun cover romance book in return πŸ‘
Post 199 IP   flag post
@southerncross
yeah I got that issue too. I didn't show all the books in the haul. The title reminds me of another comic and can't quite figure it out, lol
oops I didn't realize I posted issue 2 and not issue 1. Corrected
Post 200 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
I hope this counts as "New to your collection" since I didn't know I owned it till this weekend when I found it in a long box. I even bought a graded one "for the first time" less than a year ago.

Been there... ain't it great!
Post 201 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Batman66 lol I gave away a issue 2 of adolescent radioactive black belt hamsters for the secret Santa last Xmas.

Was it the Crying Nun cover?
Post 202 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here's some that I got recently. The HOM is an ebay purchase, the rest is from MCS, either preorders or backissues. For those that are wondering about MCS grading of raw books, the Supergirl got a very good and the Spawns got fine. And being patient and putting books on a MCS want list really pays off!! I have waited years for the Supergirl and Suicide Forest comics!!! Then, the prices, availability and condition all lined up this last month to get them!! This ended up being a HUGE mail call for me!! I'm looking forward to reading them!!

Please forgive the glare on the high gloss covers.

Post 203 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I'm not a bit surprised there was a Tank Girl in the batch.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Was it the Crying Nun cover?

Yep πŸ‘

Post 205 IP   flag post
600809 999 30