Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 151 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 those Lady Death covers are great!
Post 152 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Got these back from the yokels in FL. To their credit, the Newton rings either weren't there or were super minimal.

Post 153 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I picked these up from a comic book store that the comic book portion is on its way out.
Got them on the super cheap

And the one I’m most happy about

Daredevil #3

Post 154 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

another batch of books from @Cgroc09, another board member, great prices, great packaging. Just a pleasure to deal with
Post 155 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

picked these up from a local collector, I bought his gsx1, X-men 94 and swamp thing 1-11 and now this set. Fair prices keep me coming back. He has the full run 95 on up. Picking up the keys first, then I'll work on the rest
Post 156 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

My grail of romance books arrived today.
I collect superhero, crime and romance genres for comics. So now I've finally finished the grail out of each genre.

Group shot of my 3 grails.

Post 157 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross congratulations. Did you ever find out what the painted lady had to do to get the diamonds?
Post 158 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia lol not yet!
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user

Post 160 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I bought these 2 comics from "Worldwide Comics" today. Scans posted are from the site, hope they are this sexy & sharp when they arrive!!

Always wanted this comic for it's cover alone, so off the wall bizarre! I wonder if this cover disturbed the kids back in 1970? I can't imagine a parent picking this up from the newsstands to buy for their kid.

Post 161 IP   flag post

Best thing. I can buy slabs and then buy the books in digital form to read on my Kindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@southerncross congratulations. Did you ever find out what the painted lady had to do to get the diamonds?

I'll find out later tonight 👍
Post 162 IP   flag post
More books arrived for my personal collection. Bought these off ed.
Forum name esaravo.

Excellent seller to deal with.
Very punctual shipper.
And top rate packing as you'll see.

Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
These 2 came in today. Just stuff I kinda wanted, nothing super special.

Post 164 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Found these two at an antique store today (they had several long boxes of comics). I already had a copy of BD #1. The Tales of Asgard is another #1 Marvel from 1968.

Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Some new and some very old

Post 167 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helric1

Amazing!!!!
Post 168 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Amazing!!!!

You ain’t kidding.

I wasn’t familiar with this magazine, but looking it up it has a ton of great pinup covers.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

Amazing!!!!

You ain’t kidding.

I wasn’t familiar with this magazine, but looking it up it has a ton of great pinup covers.

Here's a good link to many of them.
http://www.philsp.com/mags/film_fun.html
Post 170 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Got these two trades in the mail! I picked up volume 1 of Gambit a couple weeks ago but fortunately volume 2 was much easier to find.

I really like the idea of themed trades like the Many Hosts of Carnage. It gives you a nice spread of stories from various series

Post 171 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up recently. I haven’t even read the series but I thought the cover was hilarious. Going to have to give the series a read now.

Post 172 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross I’m starting to think the non- romance books are just a ruse to throw us off the scent, lol. Seriously though, do you read the romance books? Are they worth reading, or do the stories get cliche and repetitive?
Post 173 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
A few old GA's that I am semi-collecting, I love the covers and such. And the big lizard himself

Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@southerncross I’m starting to think the non- romance books are just a ruse to throw us off the scent, lol. Seriously though, do you read the romance books? Are they worth reading, or do the stories get cliche and repetitive?

Sometimes the stories are cliche and repetitive. Just like superheroes and crime.

Then there are stories that are outrageous.
Infidelity, characters stalking. One book I just read had a poor young girl who was lonely and depressed, meets a guy with the attitude you can just snap out of it.
Gold for the 70s
So some stories I just laugh at.

The art is top notch. They needed good artists on these books.
So no characters just posing with badly drawn feet.

The relationship advice columns are a laugh.
Some of the responses are funny and sometimes just plain and nasty.

Publishers at the time were printing sometimes a dozen titles a month so you get different ads then the superheroes.
One ad is for tampons. Nothing funny there except the wording that using them will make you free and easy. That's the 70s for you.

Also they are rare and a great delight finding them in high grade.
High grade being 8.0 or above.

And they are so cheap, so it's fun for me collecting these cheap, rare, funny at times with great artwork comics.
These are not for everyone but make a nice diversion for me in between acquiring superhero books.
Especially the crazy superhero prices atm. 👍
Maybe I'll start a romance thread and not just post covers but also mention funny stories and ads.

Also, it's funny seeing the notations from the certified grading labels of lingerie panels in non romance books, really?
Majority of these books have lingerie panels and if they don't they definitely have swim suit panels. Just a observation I found.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
bought my grail. Funny how we decide what is the must have.

Odd thing is I needed the redder cover, the just as common more orange one (example below) was 2nd best to me, regardless of grade.

Post 176 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up from Mile High Comics.
(Gotta have the Duke!)

Post 177 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 178 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just came in today! The Maevel Limited edition of Secrets Behind the Comics! This makes the second to last book I need to have all the Marvel Limited releases. All that’s left is Hulk: Future Imperfect. Hopefully I can nab that one for under $100

Post 179 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Just received today from the CBCS in-house signing with Howard Chaykin.
Post 180 IP   flag post
601452 999 30