Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Michel Fiffe's Copra #17

Need 10 more out of the 39 on going issues to be current.

Post 126 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got a few books in the mail today (thanks to some sales in my Sales Thread).

Here's a Swamp Thing with a killer skull cover and the splash page is signed too (unfortunately my name is not Shirley - insert Airplane movie joke, but still pretty cool).

Post 127 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Another upgrade for my SA Adventure Comics LSH run:

Post 128 IP   flag post
And instead of spending my PlayPal money on a SA ASM, or maybe finally get myself a low-grade copy of Adventure Comics #247, I spotted these two books. They were definitely not even on my radar, but I rarely ever see any of this run for sale, AND they were Pence copies! So a bit of an impulse buy, but hopefully I got a good deal on them.

PS - I will now, of course, be forced to put up some more books for sale - so hit me up with requests!
Post 129 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo love those Hulk books...they're all great but those Hulks especially!!! Always watching your sales threads....nothing specific I'd request other than silverage/bronzeage Marvel/DC slabs.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
A few pickups. First double cover I bought.

Thanks to @Raven1 for the Nam books

Post 131 IP   flag post
@esaravo sweet Hulks! Nice to see some love for the power of the pence!
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user

Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Esaravo you might list for sale a Hulk 4 or 6 if you have one......
Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
just grabbed these cuz it's hard to pass up these grades even if non key.

Post 136 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley loving that Ghosts cover!!
Post 137 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher - Nice pick up
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@Watcher - Nice pick up

Thanks! don't usually grab this stuff, but getting harder to find in high grade (especially all together with one seller)
Post 139 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
I should have a venom 34 Stegman variant arriving soon
Post 140 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Special thank you to Darkseid of town for helping me get this print.

Post 141 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user

Arrived today !
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
19 new issue for my Transformers run. and then the 4 issues of headmasters

Post 143 IP   flag post
@kidhuman - What Transformer issues do you still need?
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Five separate items were delivered yesterday.

The New Mutants 87, courtesy of @xkonk & the Bizarre Adventures VIA @comixcited. Both as described.

The rest is from feebay, which I believe I’ve shared already.

Post 145 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@kidhuman - What Transformer issues do you still need?

I will send you a direct message with the o as I need in a bit. I am at work ATM.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Bought these a couple weeks back, just haven’t got around to posting until now. The first volume is an extremely rare pre code Harvey file set. Unfortunately the issues in the back of the set were heavily water damaged so the previous owner removed the salvageable issues at the front of the book and had them rebound.

This 1958 Bugs Bunny volume is from the personal files of Dell publisher George T. Delacorte.

Post 147 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Only 2 issues in, but I am enjoying the series

Post 148 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
Bought these a couple weeks back, just haven’t got around to posting until now. The first volume is an extremely rare pre code Harvey file set. Unfortunately the issues in the back of the set were heavily water damaged so the previous owner removed the salvageable issues at the front of the book and had them rebound.

I wouldn’t be reading comics today if it weren’t for Casper (and Richie Rich and Harvey in general) and I think it’s too bad there’s no longer any outlet for kids to discover comics in that way (grocery store checkouts, gas stations, 7-11).

It’s great that the MCU is bringing people into the hobby, but it’s a different audience.
Post 149 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@KCBatmanFan I’m with you, brother! The reason I love Harveys so much is that they take me back to that most magical period of life, before comics were something to be collected, bagged and hoarded and instead were something to be read and reread. The file sets bridge those two worlds nicely, I think that is why I love them so much.
Post 150 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 151 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@zdoes10 those Lady Death covers are great!
Post 152 IP   flag post
Got these back from the yokels in FL. To their credit, the Newton rings either weren't there or were super minimal.

Post 153 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I picked these up from a comic book store that the comic book portion is on its way out.
Got them on the super cheap

And the one I’m most happy about

Daredevil #3

Post 154 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

another batch of books from @Cgroc09, another board member, great prices, great packaging. Just a pleasure to deal with
Post 155 IP   flag post
600884 999 30