Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Good man.

Kind of you to give him a second chance before filing.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Catch up time-
Bought this for well below the current prices

Had some points left so just decided to sub without a press and see what I got...

I figure now I have grader notes at least if i want to mess with it

Also got this tomb of Dracula 1 from a guy on Instagram-

About a year ago I had almost a full run of tomb of Dracula- then I decided to fund some pandemic remodeling last summer, now I'm starting over-

I also may have started an OCD thing on accident- because I got this book too, also a 6.5-

And another 6.5...

And unrelated to the tomb of Dracula 6.5 experience...I won this in a raffle

The iron man will be on my sales thread shortly if you're interested
Post 102 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Some are old.
Many are new purchases.
All were inexpensive.
Showing my support for Manga, Viz, small print run 1st prints, high grade, and popular properties that have; until recently, been somewhat overlooked in the comic realm. These will be going to grading at some point soon.

Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today!

Post 105 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Having bought and sold multiple copies of this book over the years, it was hard for me to pay todays prices for a decent copy. But I only had a 4.0 remaining and it always struck me as one of the books in my collection that I cared about and would enjoy owning a nicer copy. This copy came with free Rivets:

Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked this one up!! Very excited about it!

Post 107 IP   flag post
I missed out on a high grade TOS 52 yesterday & was pretty bummed about it. They don’t hit the market in that grade too often.

To make myself feel better, I took a maybe 4th shot at negotiating a price on this guy. This time? He accepted my offer! I’ve been trying to pry this book loose for over a year.

Post 108 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 109 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

another mail call, all the X-men came from @Cgroc09. Highly recommend, great seller. Thanks Paul. The dd1 came from a local collector.
Post 110 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user

All of these!!
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector HairlessWookiee private msg quote post Address this user
I've been trying to get a 1st printing of this one for awhile now. Picked it up on ebay.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Just made a decent deal on this. Not high grade, but nicer than most of the copies that hit e-bay. I’ll be happy to have it.

Post 113 IP   flag post
And another deal made! Man, I gotta stay off the internet.

That said, this one is pretty cool! A UK magazine size reprint of TOS 57 (interior in black & white).

This will make a nice companion piece for my TOS 52 reprint from the same series.

Post 114 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Not much compared to many of you, but excited to get it none the less 😁

Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Comicbookzach private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan Dang, thats awesome, I want one!!
Post 116 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 117 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Received my comics purchased from Ed's recent raw book sale. Of course, they were packed very well and arrived in great shape. Thanks, @esavaro.

I also received two books purchased recently on eBay. The old Dell Four Color numbering system makes it hard to know what your dealing with sometimes but these are pence copies of what Overstreet defines as the first Twilight Zone comic: Four Color #1173. I'm really stoked to have these.

Post 118 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Got some nice books at a local show:

Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Kind of new. I saved this one from one of my $3. show boxes. 1st Death Dealer. Supposed to be in something. Maybe Shang-Shi show. It is hard to keep up with all of this these days.
Post 120 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Aside from other Swamp Thing 2-9 these showed up today courtesy of @starlord.
Post 121 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Aside from other Swamp Thing 2-9 these showed up today courtesy of @starlord.

love that Demon book!! Congrats!!
Post 122 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @GAC, I've wanted 1-9 on a collecting stand point for a while. I have a few doubles and graded copies now but my collection is covered!
Post 123 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Thank you @GAC, I've wanted 1-9 on a collecting stand point for a while. I have a few doubles and graded copies now but my collection is covered!

Love 70s DC Kirby!....your Swamp Thing is great too!! Very satisfying when you complete your run. I'd love to see your other Demon's.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Hitler and Mussolini pulp cover from 1939. Done by the great Norman Saunders. Kind of makes you wonder if Great Comics #3 borrowed elements (a lot of early comics did swipe pulp covers)
Post 125 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Michel Fiffe's Copra #17

Need 10 more out of the 39 on going issues to be current.

Post 126 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got a few books in the mail today (thanks to some sales in my Sales Thread).

Here's a Swamp Thing with a killer skull cover and the splash page is signed too (unfortunately my name is not Shirley - insert Airplane movie joke, but still pretty cool).

Post 127 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Another upgrade for my SA Adventure Comics LSH run:

Post 128 IP   flag post
And instead of spending my PlayPal money on a SA ASM, or maybe finally get myself a low-grade copy of Adventure Comics #247, I spotted these two books. They were definitely not even on my radar, but I rarely ever see any of this run for sale, AND they were Pence copies! So a bit of an impulse buy, but hopefully I got a good deal on them.

PS - I will now, of course, be forced to put up some more books for sale - so hit me up with requests!
Post 129 IP   flag post
@esaravo love those Hulk books...they're all great but those Hulks especially!!! Always watching your sales threads....nothing specific I'd request other than silverage/bronzeage Marvel/DC slabs.
Post 130 IP   flag post
601503 999 30