Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 Two of those FFs are among the 16 issues I need to complete my run. And a couple others would be a nice upgrade. If you’re thinking of selling any, please let me know!!
Post 76 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers pm sent
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
whats that justice league book grading out at Gary?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 79 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town its been cut up in pieces
Post 80 IP   flag post

so I won this on eBay, the yaywho sent the book in an envelope with only the book in a bag and board. Needless to say the book got trashed. I got the book for a decent price until the book showed up. I contacted the seller to see about returning the book or get a partial refund.told him I wasn't going to spend that kind of money on a book with color breaking ticks, some of the bends will press out. He tells me that I should just sell this book and go buy another. He doesn't have the money to return or partial refund. I'm at a loss of words by the response, or what I want to say shouldn't be said. The top picture is what I paid for the bottom pics are what I received. With fees and shipping I paid 200. I know these books are on the rise os debating what to do
Post 81 IP   flag post
these were apart of the attic find, some how the got separated from the stack. I might have 5 bucks in both
Post 82 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 I would just force the return. The refund will come from somewhere.
Post 83 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Doesn't ebay just pull the money any way they can if you initiate the process? I know I did not have much of a say initially when a guy asked for his money back after hammering my book.
Post 84 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley @Bronte I know I can force a return, just hoping I don't return the book and can't find one for around the same price. I'm watching a few auctions to see where it lands. I missed out on a 9.8, was outbid by a couple of bucks
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 After that response? I’d force a return. You even offered a partial refund as an option.
Post 86 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@Batman66 After that response? I’d force a return. You even offered a partial refund as an option.

Agreed 100%!

I'd like to know who the seller is too.
Post 87 IP   flag post
This should be a lesson learned for that Seller. You shouldn’t touch the money from an e-bay sale until you receive positive feedback, or a week or two goes by. If you’re anxious, you can always e-mail the Buyer to make sure they’re happy with the purchase.
Post 88 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You yourself said there are color breaking ticks. There is no redemption on that book...

You are losing time debating it. Return it and be done with the guy.

As for missing opportunities, I have never seen a guy with so many positive opportunities, your luck dictates a positive hit in the next week.
Post 89 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 I had a bad feeling as soon as I saw the "readypost" packaging. The seller clearly didn't have packing supplies and showed up at the post office with the comic in hand. You'd think one of the employees would've provided some better packaging advice.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Anybody who had ever sold a comic online should know better. The fact that it was more than 20 bux should clue you in to ship it like its valuable. I double box 50$ slabbed books. At 200$ you better believe I'm making sure that thing gets to you in the condition promised.
Post 91 IP   flag post
@flanders Maybe, and I’m not typically a pessimist, but I think the guy wanted to go as cheap as possible. His response tells me, he flat out didn’t care.
Post 92 IP   flag post
@flanders

Sometimes the employees do make suggestions but get shot down. I was a a fedex and this guy ships a laptop in an fedex box that barely fit the naked laptop. The fedex person said if that gets damaged it won't be covered. He says why not? The guy is so cheap he doesn't want to hear it. Meanwhile on display is a laptop shipping box. One with foam and such. Some folks are delusional in thinking.....
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@Darkseid_of_town its been cut up in pieces
maybe we could sell it corner by corner, like that spidey book we saw !
Post 94 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

Super clean books. Congrats!
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@KatKomics thanks, yeah there was a few "oh sh!t" moments. His neighbor has a collection that I'm hopefully going to pick up lots of X-men some early but almost a full Run from 107 to 150, all the keys. Moonknight 1-?, micronauts 1-? she hulk 1-?, avengers 196 and just a bunch of stuff in that time period. Brought back a lot of memories. He is around my age and seeing all those books I bought from 7-11 years ago.

Good luck!
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 97 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town lol, it went for $18
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 I found the seller on your auction. Taking his history and everything you said into account, it looks like someone who realized he happened to have a comic that was worth some money and was strictly going for the money. Not an actual comic person who actually cares about it or the buyer. He's not really a seller at all based on his history. Only a couple of items. Personally I would file with eBay to get a refund based on damage during shipping. He should be set up with eBay Preferred Payments which will automatically put a hold on the purchase amount in his account. If eBay already sent him a payout, it will come from his linked bank account. At the very least, I could negotiate on a partial refund at the very least. That money will show a hold until you decide the issue is resolved.
Post 99 IP   flag post
@Puckster I contacted the seller told him I will contact eBay tomorrow and start a refund, was hoping for a partial refund
Post 100 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Good man.

Kind of you to give him a second chance before filing.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Catch up time-
Bought this for well below the current prices

Had some points left so just decided to sub without a press and see what I got...

I figure now I have grader notes at least if i want to mess with it

Also got this tomb of Dracula 1 from a guy on Instagram-

About a year ago I had almost a full run of tomb of Dracula- then I decided to fund some pandemic remodeling last summer, now I'm starting over-

I also may have started an OCD thing on accident- because I got this book too, also a 6.5-

And another 6.5...

And unrelated to the tomb of Dracula 6.5 experience...I won this in a raffle

The iron man will be on my sales thread shortly if you're interested
Post 102 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Some are old.
Many are new purchases.
All were inexpensive.
Showing my support for Manga, Viz, small print run 1st prints, high grade, and popular properties that have; until recently, been somewhat overlooked in the comic realm. These will be going to grading at some point soon.

Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today!

Post 105 IP   flag post
600882 999 30