Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Thanks Ed! Been on the hunt for a high grade of this book! Really tough to find with that unforgiving purple and black cover.
Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn't help but get these books!

Post 927 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 928 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Always loved this one.

Post 929 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Steranko & Barry Windsor Smith spent their early career imitating the Kirby style to the extreme.
Post 930 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Steranko & Barry Windsor Smith spent their early career imitating the Kirby style to the extreme.
Pancake faces and hands of The Thing.....
Post 931 IP   flag post
Collector Slesko private msg quote post Address this user

Purchased a grail yesterday and so excited. My ultimate grail would be showcase 4 but with my limited budget this comic has been my attainable grail. Was happy to find a complete copy with no large chunks of comic missing within my price range. Maybe one day I can upgrade to a nicer copy
Post 932 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
@Slesko Nice! I was trying for one of these that was mixed in with a lot the other day. Got out of my range, though. Congrats!
Post 933 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 934 IP   flag post

Post 935 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

great books!!! this would be a good candidate for you Black and White thread.
Post 936 IP   flag post
I cleaned the slab on this one.

Before:

After:

Post 937 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this one. Love the cover, especially since I used to live in Manhattan and took the subway every day. A primal fear of every New Yorker.

Will submit for grading...if I ever get my order back from January!!! (Yes, I'm looking at you @Darryl_H.)

Post 938 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@MrNotSoNice I was surprised when I vacationed in New York a few years ago, those subway platforms are not wide.

They always looked wide and spacious in the movies.
Post 939 IP   flag post
Another deal too good to pass up. I especially like the Mayan reference.

Post 940 IP   flag post
For some reason, issues 25 and 26 tend to have an inordinate amount of Arvel 2ยข covers.
Post 941 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
For some reason, issues 25 and 26 tend to have an inordinate amount of Arvel 2ยข covers.

Also Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #2.
Post 942 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Just found out some grades:
This is coming back as a 9.4. @heinzdad cracked it out of a 9.0 PGX case and took it to the lab:

Another 9.4 that @heinzdad cracked out of a PGX 9.0 case:

9.8 cracked out of PGX 9.4 case:

Improved from a 3.0 to a 5.0

Coming back as 8.5

Post 943 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
No doubt HeinzLab is where it's at.
Post 944 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Got a few things in today, mostly modern horror style stuff. But I do love those GA Ace Comics:

Ordered these after I found out they even existed the other day. I do love how fast MCS gets stuff to you:

Pretty neat Crossover #7 variant:

Post 945 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Rag reader

Couple more X-Men pence knocked off the list. #6 will need to be crossed over (6.0 as of now)

Post 946 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this up yesterday at my lcs as an early birthday present from my family (thanks you guys! Love you all!). Iโ€™d also like to give thanks to the team @ Rad Raptor Comics, you guys are always golden! Between them all this beauty has an appreciative new home. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Post 947 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday, Zombie!
Post 948 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder
Thanks my man, I appreciate that! Cheers! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿบ
Post 949 IP   flag post
@Zombiebigfoot, happy bday and congrats. I usually only make it to Rad Raptor a couple times a year.
Post 950 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 951 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Getting closer to completing the first 38 Silver Surfer appearances. Note, i do not include Not Brand Echh as appearances.
Post 952 IP   flag post

Post 953 IP   flag post
Lol, for the record..................

Post 954 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

$20 for cpt marvel all the rest $1-$2 books for reading ๐Ÿ‘
Post 955 IP   flag post
601352 999 30