Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson thank you my good man!! 🍻
Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Found these two in the shop yesterday and had to pick them up. The Frontier Romances 1 is a little out of my regular wheelhouse, but the condition on it is amazing. Whitest pages I've ever seen on a book from the '50s. The Shadow is no slouch either (pun intended) - plenty of gloss still on the cover, which is in really nice shape for being one of those war-rationed single-staple jobs.

Post 877 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Second one from the Crain signing. I love his infinity signature:

Post 878 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 879 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

nice pull list. Aside from the bats it looks like my bag of books on any given week.
Post 880 IP   flag post

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

nice pickup today at torpedo con. Sure was good to be at a regular con. Got to see a bunch of vendors I haven't seen since the pandemic. Ran into comic Tom and the golden age guru and got to chat with them. Just some amazing books there. Anyone else go?
Post 881 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

nice pickup today at torpedo con. Sure was good to be at a regular con. Got to see a bunch of vendors I haven't seen since the pandemic. Ran into comic Tom and the golden age guru and got to chat with them. Just some amazing books there. Anyone else go?

And here I am trying to talk myself into pulling the trigger on a Golden Records Reprints version. That's a nice hole to fill if you didn't have one before.
Post 882 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia I gave my copy that was missing an ad page and cash for this copy. Really happy to upgrade from a .5 to hopefully a 3.5.🤞 I got a great deal on it. The seller had sellers remorse before the deal was completed. Dropping off Monday to my presser and shipping on Friday for the July cbcs promo.
Post 883 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 I think the July promo was only valid until the 6th. Unless there is another one I'm unaware of.
Post 884 IP   flag post
@flanders dang, your right i forgot about. 😢. I have a couple of bigger books I'm sending in and that 10% would of helped, oh well maybe I'll see if august has a promo
Post 885 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Completed What If v2. So, I guess I'm doing Team-Up and Two-In-One runs now. Some rags from the weekend.

Team-Up. #61 is a MJ insert, and one of the #71 copies has a double cover.

Post 886 IP   flag post

Two-In-One. A few MJ inserts at the LCS when I picked these up. All dirt cheap. #52, 53, 57, 60, and 64.

Post 887 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@EbayMafia I gave my copy that was missing an ad page and cash for this copy. Really happy to upgrade from a .5 to hopefully a 3.5.🤞 I got a great deal on it. The seller had sellers remorse before the deal was completed. Dropping off Monday to my presser and shipping on Friday for the July cbcs promo.

Nice book congrats....but man I want the info on your presser
Post 888 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Quote:

Nice book congrats....but man I want the info on your presser
with books over 10k they charging me 30 press, 15 clean and the expedite the press to 1 to 2 weeks. I dropped my af15 off to them last Friday and it will be ready this Friday. They can normally slip a book in when you have an order with them. I have 30 or so books with them now. Those will take 6 weeks. After pressing the will ship them directly to cgc. The books I send to cbcs or chose not to slab, I pick them up
Post 889 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Not high grade, but I love it!

Post 890 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 891 IP   flag post

Post 892 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson killer books!!!!!
Post 893 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Took my wife to a big used book store in CT a few weeks ago. I picked up a few Jack Reacher books for myself, and found a small corner in one of the buildings that had some comics. Picked up these three for $1 each - pure drek.

Then I went to an actual comic book store in CT. Picked up my third copy of this issue.

Post 894 IP   flag post
@esaravo awesome!!! love finding comics in places you weren't expecting.
Post 895 IP   flag post
Collector Tyler private msg quote post Address this user
I just bought this lot

I may have got a little caught up in the auction...lol..it happens...right?

Post 896 IP   flag post
@Tyler Yeah, I hate doing that. I'm usually fairly level headed, but the Avengers 196 I won got away from me as well.
Post 897 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 898 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I also visited my lcs in Cranston last week and picked up two ASMs for my run, a drek spec book, and a book with a gorgeous Wrightson cover.

And yesterday, our own @Johhnylray put on a small card and comic show in Bristol, RI. I went out saltwater fishing yesterday morning, and got completely soaked from very rough seas and some rain. But I made it to the show about a half hour before closing, saw Ray and his lovely wife, and picked up a few more ASMs from a seller I have bought from before.

Post 899 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

One of the most low key good books to grab these days...classic bondage cover, but also a crossover from the very early new gods !
Post 900 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town Agreed! Great book that can be had for $150 or less in high grade
Post 901 IP   flag post

Post 902 IP   flag post

Post 903 IP   flag post

Post 904 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

What a riveting book!
Post 905 IP   flag post