Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Oh, no. I have missed at least three copies. Went too high at auction for me. Thinking seriously about switching to 9.6s.

The ones that got away are the worst.
Post 776 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Too bad that the first comic I ever bought had to be a first appearance, even a bunch of D-listers.
Post 777 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Oh, no. I have missed at least three copies. Went too high at auction for me. Thinking seriously about switching to 9.6s.

The ones that got away are the worst.

Just replace the word "MAN" with "COMIC"!

Post 778 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew

And just because we all like to mess with @HeinzDad... last one today. :-)
😐
Post 779 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Post 780 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Oof! Just got some books in but UPS really did a number on them

Each book came with damage to two corners caused in shipping. Superman got it the worst but I think it is also the one that would fare best with a press, though it’d probably be cheaper to buy new copies

Post 781 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite yikes! UPS in my area handles packages more carefully than USPS or even Fedex… how were they packaged?? That is a lot of damage
Post 782 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave The books were decently packaged. Bagged and boarded and supported on both sides by cardboard and shipped in a UPS express envelope. The outer envelope didn’t show obvious damage but you could see the corners were more blunted and worn than the rest of the package. The cardboard sheets showed more obvious damage on the corners which was passed on to the books themselves
Post 783 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Damn. that sucks.
Post 784 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
After overlooking Daredevil comics for decades I picked up some covers I like from mcs.

Post 785 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up this beauty at the show Saturday. It has all the pieces and the paperwork for it. Dr. Zaius. 1974. Big fan of P.O.T.A. I brought it to my work office today to display it.

Post 786 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
bought these today.

Post 787 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I got this one just recently. I was really happy to pick it up because 1) is my first L.B. Cole cover and 2) is a double cover.

Post 788 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I also picked this one up as an early Christmas present for one of my daughters. So technically this one won't be in my collection.

It's an original Sally by Tommy Castillo. My daughter's favorite movie is "The Nightmare Before Christmas." I'll have it reframed to better fit the artwork before I give it to her.

Post 789 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
I got this one just recently. I was really happy to pick it up because 1) is my first L.B. Cole cover and 2) is a double cover.

Nice pickup, don't know if you seen this I picked up a couple of weeks ago, signed by LB Cole
Post 790 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Won this at auction today, probably the closest I'll ever get to having an Action Comics #1. It's the sleeping bag ad variant. Should look amazing pressed and slabbed.

Post 791 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
I also picked this one up as an early Christmas present for one of my daughters. So technically this one won't be in my collection.

It's an original Sally by Tommy Castillo. My daughter's favorite movie is "The Nightmare Before Christmas." I'll have it reframed to better fit the artwork before I give it to her.

I love Tommy's work!!! He died WAY too young and WAY too tragically.
Post 792 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I finally finished my Godzilla in Hell run.

Post 793 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
I picked up this beauty at the show Saturday. It has all the pieces and the paperwork for it. Dr. Zaius. 1974. Big fan of P.O.T.A. I brought it to my work office today to display it.

This is freakin' amazing! I love the original Planet of Apes movies.

Lucky...
Post 794 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders For your Daredevil collection I recommend you pick up the 7 issue run from 227-233. Frank Miller returns to write the "critically acclaimed Born Again storyline". It's very good, and cheap. I think one of the new characters "Nuke" shows up in the Jessica Jones t.v. show. Doesn't seem to have really affected the value of the book though.
Post 795 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@flanders For your Daredevil collection I recommend you pick up the 7 issue run from 227-233. Frank Miller returns to write the "critically acclaimed Born Again storyline". It's very good, and cheap. I think one of the new characters "Nuke" shows up in the Jessica Jones t.v. show. Doesn't seem to have really affected the value of the book though.

Good call. I’d also suggest the standalone issue Miller did, #219.

It feels like an episode of “In the Heat of the Night”. At least to me.

Post 796 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Nice pickup, don't know if you seen this I picked up a couple of weeks ago, signed by LB Cole

I hadn't seen that, @Batman66. That's pretty cool. Mine isn't signed but I really love that cover.
Post 797 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@flanders For your Daredevil collection I recommend you pick up the 7 issue run from 227-233. Frank Miller returns to write the "critically acclaimed Born Again storyline". It's very good, and cheap. I think one of the new characters "Nuke" shows up in the Jessica Jones t.v. show. Doesn't seem to have really affected the
value of the book though.

Agreed!!! These were the first books I purchased when I got back into collecting.
Post 798 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Wooo grail mail call!
I got the Flash Gordon 1 in an auction that I never expected my bid to win, so yay!
I've had yellow DD costumes covers on my want list for a while and finally got a couple in a trade for a mid grade JA6 and FF79!

Post 799 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@HotKeyComics mind me asking how much you paid for the Flash Gordon
Post 800 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@HotKeyComics mind me asking how much you paid for the Flash Gordon

$135, plus the buyer premium plus shipping, about 170 all in. $135 was the starting bid.
Post 801 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders if you are ever interested in picking up a nice lot of Daredevil books let me know. I have this lot

Daredevil Special #3
Daredevil King-Size Special #1
Daredevil #10 - 12, 15, 17 - 29, 31- 33, 39, 85, 90, 93, 102 - 104, 122, 124, 127, 133, 159 - 161, 169 - 170, 181 - 183, 254, 267, 269 - 273, 319
Post 802 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh mail call

Just sold my SS 9.8 and normal 9.6 WW#1 earlier this year - nice to have a fresh one back in my collection!

The McFarlane signature has the little spidey stamp on the back so this was from his store - maybe send in for VSP?

Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector kidhuman private msg quote post Address this user

Finished up the Invincible collection last night.
Post 804 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Decided to pull the trigger on a reader copy lot (VG-VF) of Uncanny X-Men 200-300, no 266. It was less expensive than trying to find the missing issues from my collection in that range and I feel that I paid a reasonable amount for it, although it might've been a bit high.

Post 805 IP   flag post
601466 999 30