Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@MatterEaterLad wow, congrats on that
Post 726 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
A few months ago, I took a gamble on an auction with bad photos and scored big. A couple of weeks ago, I pressed my luck with another bad photo auction, and this one didn't turn out as well. I mean, the books are okay, but I probably wouldn't have bought them if I were able to see them a little better. As it is, I paid a little more than they're worth. Not real pleased with them, but only have myself to blame. I'll leave them in my collection - eventually they'll be worth a lot more.

Post 727 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
A few months ago, I took a gamble on an auction with bad photos and scored big. A couple of weeks ago, I pressed my luck with another bad photo auction, and this one didn't turn out as well. I mean, the books are okay, but I probably wouldn't have bought them if I were able to see them a little better. As it is, I paid a little more than they're worth. Not real pleased with them, but only have myself to blame. I'll leave them in my collection - eventually they'll be worth a lot more.

Those books are AMAZING to me!
Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
Those books are AMAZING to me!

They look nicer with the Mylite glamour shots.

TTA 42 and X-Men 20 are nice enough. TTA 43 has that stain in the bottom left, messed-up corner in the bottom right and a spine split problem. X-Men 16 has a tear in the cover (easiest to see where it crosses the big X). They're not awful, but I was hoping for better.
Post 729 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 730 IP   flag post

These two auction wins arrived today:

Post 731 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Got my new poster today. I'll take this in for framing in the coming weeks.

Post 732 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 733 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Got my new poster today. I'll take this in for framing in the coming weeks.

Very cool.

I still have one poster I kept from high school.

I use to pick these up off my lcs when they were finished with them for free back in high school.
Post 734 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 735 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
My Adventure Comics obsession continues. Just noticed it is the Don/Maggie Thompson collection as well

Post 736 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
My Adventure Comics obsession continues. Just noticed it is the Don/Maggie Thompson collection as well

Love the Adventure Black Orchid books, a character that could someday find her place....
Post 737 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I may need to send this one to @bige31's presser:

The grade may not improve, but it would look a lot better.

That looks damn good to me as is! I wouldn't crack it for a pressing...
Post 738 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my LCS pickup for the weekend...

Now all I need to do is find a 10.0 book!
Post 739 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
another something I bought a while ago but only now have in hand!!

Wally Wood creature!!

Post 740 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
another something I bought a while ago but only now have in hand!!

Wally Wood creature!!

assume thats an original sketch? What an amazing piece..Wood has always been such a tragic figure, so much talent but sadly dead by his own hand and so young still
Post 741 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

yes original through Heritage Auctions - agreed very tragic.
my son is only 13 so was hard to explain the talent/impact that Wally Wood had - I mean heck..when Steranko does an homage that's saying something!!

Post 742 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Some pickups from last week.

Post 743 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trespa68
Here is my LCS pickup for the weekend...

Now all I need to do is find a 10.0 book!

Nice book. I have one just like that.
Post 744 IP   flag post
The Cap 312 is a CPV that was hiding in plain sight at the LCS. I guess Abomination is a thing again since the TTA90s the shop had were marked up on the wall. Got the #91 I need for my run though. Some other odds and ends throughout the week(s).

Post 745 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 746 IP   flag post

Post 747 IP   flag post
When did Reed get breasts?
Post 748 IP   flag post
@DrWatson clearly crossdressing for the cover and he is wearing a Harry Osborn wig as well.

Just noticed I was on a marvel picture hunt and ended up with all having a kind of picture frame or cut off color from the top and bottom of the cover sort of semi picture frame.
Post 749 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
When did Reed get breasts?

Whenever he wants. That’s the beauty of having elasticity 😉
Post 750 IP   flag post
Quote:
The Cap 312 is a CPV that was hiding in plain sight at the LCS. I guess Abomination is a thing again since the TTA90s the shop had were marked up on the wall. Got the #91 I need for my run though. Some other odds and ends throughout the week(s).

With the trailer for Shang Chi showing the abomination it caught fire pretty fast
Post 751 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@Darkseid_of_town

yes original through Heritage Auctions - agreed very tragic.
my son is only 13 so was hard to explain the talent/impact that Wally Wood had - I mean heck..when Steranko does an homage that's saying something!!

I was always quite partial to Avengers 20 thanks to his contributions to the book
Post 752 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:

With the trailer for Shang Chi showing the abomination it caught fire pretty fast

Indeed. I love the manufactured FOMO.
Post 753 IP   flag post
Not entirely sure I agree regarding abomination. Character has been around awhile, has a decent backstory, and could easily be funneled into the coming Marvel pathway....its considered likely there will be a Thunderbolts group in the coming stories and this would be a great character to introduce and use later in the team. Slipping him into the early movies of this coming phase would allow for that...I think its a good book to have on its own merit and does have potential beyond
Post 754 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
From Boxed Hero Mystery Box

other pick ups

Post 755 IP   flag post
601431 999 30