CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

New To Your Collection #1114267

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@MatterEaterLad wow, congrats on that
Post 726 • IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
A few months ago, I took a gamble on an auction with bad photos and scored big. A couple of weeks ago, I pressed my luck with another bad photo auction, and this one didn't turn out as well. I mean, the books are okay, but I probably wouldn't have bought them if I were able to see them a little better. As it is, I paid a little more than they're worth. Not real pleased with them, but only have myself to blame. I'll leave them in my collection - eventually they'll be worth a lot more.








Post 727 • IP   flag post
Don't tell me what to do! starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
A few months ago, I took a gamble on an auction with bad photos and scored big. A couple of weeks ago, I pressed my luck with another bad photo auction, and this one didn't turn out as well. I mean, the books are okay, but I probably wouldn't have bought them if I were able to see them a little better. As it is, I paid a little more than they're worth. Not real pleased with them, but only have myself to blame. I'll leave them in my collection - eventually they'll be worth a lot more.










Those books are AMAZING to me!
Post 728 • IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
Those books are AMAZING to me!


They look nicer with the Mylite glamour shots.

TTA 42 and X-Men 20 are nice enough. TTA 43 has that stain in the bottom left, messed-up corner in the bottom right and a spine split problem. X-Men 16 has a tear in the cover (easiest to see where it crosses the big X). They're not awful, but I was hoping for better.
Post 729 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 730 • IP   flag post


I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
These two auction wins arrived today:





Post 731 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Got my new poster today. I'll take this in for framing in the coming weeks.

Post 732 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 733 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Got my new poster today. I'll take this in for framing in the coming weeks.



Very cool.

I still have one poster I kept from high school.




I use to pick these up off my lcs when they were finished with them for free back in high school.
Post 734 • IP   flag post
I have a problem with fattening women up. Bronte private msg quote post Address this user


Post 735 • IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
My Adventure Comics obsession continues. Just noticed it is the Don/Maggie Thompson collection as well


Post 736 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
My Adventure Comics obsession continues. Just noticed it is the Don/Maggie Thompson collection as well


Love the Adventure Black Orchid books, a character that could someday find her place....
Post 737 • IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I may need to send this one to @bige31's presser:







The grade may not improve, but it would look a lot better.


That looks damn good to me as is! I wouldn't crack it for a pressing...
Post 738 • IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my LCS pickup for the weekend...




Now all I need to do is find a 10.0 book!
Post 739 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
another something I bought a while ago but only now have in hand!!

Wally Wood creature!!




Post 740 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
another something I bought a while ago but only now have in hand!!

Wally Wood creature!!






assume thats an original sketch? What an amazing piece..Wood has always been such a tragic figure, so much talent but sadly dead by his own hand and so young still
Post 741 • IP   flag post
past performance is no guarantee of future actions. KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

yes original through Heritage Auctions - agreed very tragic.
my son is only 13 so was hard to explain the talent/impact that Wally Wood had - I mean heck..when Steranko does an homage that's saying something!!



Post 742 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Some pickups from last week.




Post 743 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trespa68
Here is my LCS pickup for the weekend...




Now all I need to do is find a 10.0 book!

Nice book. I have one just like that.
Post 744 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The Cap 312 is a CPV that was hiding in plain sight at the LCS. I guess Abomination is a thing again since the TTA90s the shop had were marked up on the wall. Got the #91 I need for my run though. Some other odds and ends throughout the week(s).


















Post 745 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 746 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user











Post 747 • IP   flag post
I've spent years perfecting my brand of assholery. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
When did Reed get breasts?
Post 748 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson clearly crossdressing for the cover and he is wearing a Harry Osborn wig as well.

Just noticed I was on a marvel picture hunt and ended up with all having a kind of picture frame or cut off color from the top and bottom of the cover sort of semi picture frame.
Post 749 • IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
When did Reed get breasts?

Whenever he wants. That’s the beauty of having elasticity 😉
Post 750 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
The Cap 312 is a CPV that was hiding in plain sight at the LCS. I guess Abomination is a thing again since the TTA90s the shop had were marked up on the wall. Got the #91 I need for my run though. Some other odds and ends throughout the week(s).

With the trailer for Shang Chi showing the abomination it caught fire pretty fast
Post 751 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@Darkseid_of_town

yes original through Heritage Auctions - agreed very tragic.
my son is only 13 so was hard to explain the talent/impact that Wally Wood had - I mean heck..when Steranko does an homage that's saying something!!



I was always quite partial to Avengers 20 thanks to his contributions to the book
Post 752 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
The Cap 312 is a CPV that was hiding in plain sight at the LCS. I guess Abomination is a thing again since the TTA90s the shop had were marked up on the wall. Got the #91 I need for my run though. Some other odds and ends throughout the week(s).

With the trailer for Shang Chi showing the abomination it caught fire pretty fast


Indeed. I love the manufactured FOMO.
Post 753 • IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Not entirely sure I agree regarding abomination. Character has been around awhile, has a decent backstory, and could easily be funneled into the coming Marvel pathway....its considered likely there will be a Thunderbolts group in the coming stories and this would be a great character to introduce and use later in the team. Slipping him into the early movies of this coming phase would allow for that...I think its a good book to have on its own merit and does have potential beyond
Post 754 • IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
From Boxed Hero Mystery Box




other pick ups




Post 755 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30