Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Grabbed these today. Batman adventures #22, Superman adventures #1, and a Spanish Next Men #4 (shoulda paid more attention in high school Spanish)

Post 701 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes they do, these were all shipped together. When I went to pay I had the option of selecting multiple items I won into the same shipment. This was the first multi purchase from them I had done. I was also curious about combined shipping when I won these...it's not an ignorant question.
Post 702 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenson
Just got these, won them in auctions on comic connect

Nice! 102 and 109 are two of the 6 issues I need to complete Batman Vol. 1 from 100 up. Hopefully soon! No cons for a year and a half has been a real drag on previews.
Post 703 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user

Fixed thanks to SC
Post 704 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Just realized I posted it to page 28 of this thread.
Post 705 IP   flag post

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave

Not sure why it posts rotated.

Post 706 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
There you go Dave, copy and repost it with a edit from your first post
Post 707 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 708 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Won this a while ago but only just in hand today!!

Adds and interior art is great!!

Post 709 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
would you press a book like this??

no real folds or dents, maybe a clean would make it look a small bit better but the tape and tape pull on the cover and the stains on the back are the limiting factors - VG or 4ish is about as good as one could hope for I think (and would be happy with that!!)

Does CBCS just clean and not press?? scared about popping a staple or something!!!

Post 710 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
If you are that concerned about it, don't send it in for pressing. However I will say that the people pressing at CBCS have always done a great job and personally I would trust them with a high end book.
Post 711 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Not new, but newly slabbed. I have a 9.8 181 too, but couldn't resist having my childhood copy getting double signed

Post 712 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Latest purchases.

Post 713 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
So I’ve started changing the way I collect comics as of late. As being a #girldad I’ve started getting comics with string female characters that my girls can like and possibly get into. I decided to take some fliers on raw copies of NYX 3 and Edge of Spiderverse 2. I sent them off for pressing and son of biscuit if these things come back perfect! Here’s the before and after of the Edge of Spiderverse. I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out!

Post 714 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Those are very nice, but you can still the color break on the Spider-Verse book.
Post 715 IP   flag post
I may need to send this one to @bige31's presser:

The grade may not improve, but it would look a lot better.
Post 716 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson it doesn’t actually break color but you can still see the tick. I’m not complaining because I have a 9.8 lol. Safe to say I’ll never send the Spiderverse to get signed lol.

And if you’d like his contact just pm me.
Post 717 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Some FF raw issues I bought because they were very reasonably priced. I already have these issues, but always nice to have additional high grade copies.

Whats going on with the price box on that 199? That looks like a Whitman variant to me

Just received this copy in the mail today and it is beyond PERFECT NM!!! I was SHOCKED at it's stellar condition!!!
Post 718 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
Another to cheap to pass up. Low grade for sure with detached cover, heavily chipped spine and cover edged wear Inside pages are all beautiful.
Post 719 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in today.

1954 4.0 44 pages for 10 cents, what a great period to collect in.

Post 720 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just got MODOK’s first full appearance and the utterly ridiculous Comboman mini promo comic

Post 721 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

I bought some treasury's a few months back for $10 each and had no idea that there is Whitman variants on these as well. For example, I bought the Superman vs Ali in the middle for 10. The 2 Whitman's I got in a collection years ago. Did you know about the Whitman variants on treasury's, just curious
Post 722 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Been waiting a long time, finally got these back from the signing. Can’t believe no 9.8s beautiful books

Post 723 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing what a good clean and press can do for the right book. This was a 9.0

Post 724 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@MatterEaterLad
Post 725 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@MatterEaterLad wow, congrats on that
Post 726 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
A few months ago, I took a gamble on an auction with bad photos and scored big. A couple of weeks ago, I pressed my luck with another bad photo auction, and this one didn't turn out as well. I mean, the books are okay, but I probably wouldn't have bought them if I were able to see them a little better. As it is, I paid a little more than they're worth. Not real pleased with them, but only have myself to blame. I'll leave them in my collection - eventually they'll be worth a lot more.

Post 727 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
A few months ago, I took a gamble on an auction with bad photos and scored big. A couple of weeks ago, I pressed my luck with another bad photo auction, and this one didn't turn out as well. I mean, the books are okay, but I probably wouldn't have bought them if I were able to see them a little better. As it is, I paid a little more than they're worth. Not real pleased with them, but only have myself to blame. I'll leave them in my collection - eventually they'll be worth a lot more.

Those books are AMAZING to me!
Post 728 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
Those books are AMAZING to me!

They look nicer with the Mylite glamour shots.

TTA 42 and X-Men 20 are nice enough. TTA 43 has that stain in the bottom left, messed-up corner in the bottom right and a spine split problem. X-Men 16 has a tear in the cover (easiest to see where it crosses the big X). They're not awful, but I was hoping for better.
Post 729 IP   flag post

Post 730 IP   flag post
601333 999 30