Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb FF 186
Post 651 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@brysb FF 186

I figured you would appreciate #186, but...this is only the third copy for me, all raw, no graded 9.8's like you have. Ha, was waiting for you to comment on that date stamp on #185!
Post 652 IP   flag post
I didn't even see it until you mentioned it, lol.
Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Some FF raw issues I bought because they were very reasonably priced. I already have these issues, but always nice to have additional high grade copies.

Whats going on with the price box on that 199? That looks like a Whitman variant to me
Post 654 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I believe it is a Whitman.
Post 655 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
I made an offer on this lot not expecting for it to be accepted. I regretted selling my swampys and ive always wanted hos 92,so its a win win.

For whatever its worth @starlord, your Swampy#1 got the treatment and is in grading as we speak. I am anxiously awaiting its return more so than any book in id say 2 years. Thanks again brother!
Post 656 IP   flag post
I have two copies of this book now and both were gifted to me by dudes that apparently know me better than I do. The first copy came from board member @xjagnew. We both talked about Wrightson art and sent each other a couple random care packages that followed the theme. He knew I like Hulk as well and sent me a copy of Hulk #197. I never had realized Wrightson did the cover nor really knew it existed. It instantly became part of my lab art.

Ever since I received the first copy I realized I had to track down a copy of high grade. So far it had been fruitless. Today I just so happened to be gifted this copy. A while ago I did some work for a guy that had an unfortunate family medical emergency. Me getting reimbursed was never really of importance to me after finding this out and he told me then, "I'll get you back some day, trust me". I saw him today and boy did he ever. I also should add, he had no idea I have been searching for this.
Post 657 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Finished off The 'Nam.

Got one issue left of What If v2

Three remaining for What If v1

Other odds and ends. Sorry, they can't all be keys

Post 658 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I have two copies of this book now and both were gifted to me by dudes that apparently know me better than I do. The first copy came from board member @xjagnew. We both talked about Wrightson art and sent each other a couple random care packages that followed the theme. He knew I like Hulk as well and sent me a copy of Hulk #197. I never had realized Wrightson did the cover nor really knew it existed. It instantly became part of my lab art.

Ever since I received the first copy I realized I had to track down a copy of high grade. So far it had been fruitless. Today I just so happened to be gifted this copy. A while ago I did some work for a guy that had an unfortunate family medical emergency. Me getting reimbursed was never really of importance to me after finding this out and he told me then, "I'll get you back some day, trust me". I saw him today and boy did he ever. I also should add, he had no idea I have been searching for this.

Fantastic copy!
Post 659 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley cap 323 is like a $100 book now.
Post 660 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 661 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

are you interested in this? If so pm me
Post 662 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this Mystery In Space 89. Got it dirt cheap and has a great looking cover. I’m beginning to dig Hawkman and Adam Strange.
Post 663 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Not $100 in my reality. This was well under the "grail" rate that the sheeple have been paying. 🏋
Post 664 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:

Not $100 in my reality. This was well under the "grail" rate that the sheeple have been paying. 🏋

I need one for my 25th anniversary border collection.

Think I'll have to wait for whatever c character is in the book and in a movie or show then wait a year or two
Post 665 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I need one for my 25th anniversary border collection.

Think I'll have to wait for whatever c character is in the book and in a movie or show then wait a year or two

yup! I was lucky to get this before that Johnny Walker character drove the price up on the book.

almost done the 25th anniversary covers - just need Care Bears and Muppet Babies - maybe next year when there are conventions in my area again?
Post 666 IP   flag post
Arrived a lot quicker than I expected. Beautiful book. Thank you, @Batman66.

Post 667 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Mail Day.
I personally got the autographs from Dave Cockrum in the late 80's/early 90's.
The legend not only did the Cover, the story, and the interior art; but he also created (co-created) Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler was always considered "Dave Cockrum's character".
As always, I make copies of the signature on the indicia of the first page and insert a paper copy in the Slab bag. That's in answer to all those that claim "But I can't see the signature if it's not on the cover".
Interesting thing is I thought the 9.8 was the worst grade of the 4 issues.
The 9.4 looks flawless. Those damn ghostly "light bends" will get ya every time

Post 668 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

@KatKomics got me interested in one of Todd's older signatures with his recent pickup.
Post 669 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Mail Day.
I personally got the autographs from Dave Cockrum in the late 80's/early 90's.
The legend not only did the Cover, the story, and the interior art; but he also created (co-created) Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler was always considered "Dave Cockrum's character".

I think it's pretty fair to say he created Nightcrawler. He had the character, costume, and powers all created for LOSH before bringing the character to X-Men. Wein and (especially) Claremont contributed to what the character has become - the "scary" character with a heart of gold and a thirst for adventure - but he was Cockrum's baby.
Post 670 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
Recent pickup. My next CBCS submission has another Lady's of Silver Age 1st

Post 671 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
So, haven't posted in a while, but now that I just went to a local show, my first in like over a year, I thought I would share some pics. All mostly mid lo grade....

Post 672 IP   flag post
And more...filling some collection holes.

Post 673 IP   flag post
And one toy....'cuz Moon Knight is just too cool!
Post 674 IP   flag post

Post 675 IP   flag post
Cover, 8 pages before the staples, 8 pages after, back cover. MrNotSoNice private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Finished off The 'Nam.

I think The 'Nam is an underrated title.
Post 676 IP   flag post

This looked like a solid candidate for a press and some love. May run it through the lab but looks damn good regardless.
Post 677 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 678 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@xjagnew damn, that's a great cover
Post 679 IP   flag post
#LabsRule!!!
Post 680 IP   flag post
601500 999 30