Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Finally got this back from CGC today. Book isn't new but sketch and signature are.
Post 626 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 627 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm - Beautiful DC’s, I am so jealous of those Adventure Comics!
Post 628 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Received this in the mail yesterday. I won it in an eBay auction about a month ago from a seller in Great Britain.

This is how it was shipped (and the shipping cost was over $35). An envelope with 2 pieces of thin cardboard.

Post 629 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo you're lucky they included the thin cardboard.
Post 630 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Man that sux. I hope the book arrived okay.
Post 631 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo nice book, Ed! It's always a crapshoot on packaging until you find the UK sellers you like.
Post 632 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I haven’t brought any books in a good while until a friend gave me a good deal on a small stack of books. Nothing too special just wanted to share.

Post 633 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@esaravo you're lucky they included the thin cardboard.

been there
Post 634 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo That's how I ship comics as well, although I do rigid corrugated with comic between them and inside a bubble mailer.

If a comic I package gets damaged, they had to put some effort into it lol.
Post 635 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 636 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

I sold my hulk 2-6 (kept #1) to fund a bigger book and regret it since so finally pulled the trigger and picked up #2,
The gi joe treasury, didn't know they existed until know.
Post 637 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just a couple of pickups in the last couple of days:

Post 638 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user

Venom 32 meyers variant
Post 639 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
These just came in.

Post 640 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user

Got to love flea markets!
Post 641 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

won this at auction, honestly looks better than my 9.0. Really thinking of clean/press and resubmit. Think this book has a lot of upswing left
Post 642 IP   flag post
Collector oakcitycomics private msg quote post Address this user
Recent pick up. Price was right so couldn't pass it up. Complete minus the obvious 3 ring binder holes. Curious to see how CBCS will grade it with them.

Post 643 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@oakcitycomics the ring binder holes would pull it down to a 2.0
If that is a spine split at the bottom and the wear in the edges may drop a little further.

Nice pick up for a cool key 👍

One I'd like to own even with ring binder holes, I have a couple of keys with them.
Post 644 IP   flag post
@southerncross Yea I was thinking probably 1.5 range give or take. Price was right so couldn't' pass it up or I would of regretted it later kind of deal
Post 645 IP   flag post
@oakcitycomics judging by the wear on the cover, your book spent more life out of the ring binder.
One bright side to ring binder books is if they are stored in the folder a long time.
The colors of the cover stay more vibrant

Like this one.
From memory I bought this like 15 years ago for $5 at a lcs back in Australia.

So if you are like me and don't mind binder holes, pick them up.
Most seller's don't know how to price them so they are priced at fair or as poor.
I only buy them when they are keys.
I have Strange Tales 135, Journey into Mystery 112 and Crime Suspenstories 22 👍

Post 646 IP   flag post
@southerncross Yea I have no issues with binder holes as long as it doesn't effect the story. I also collect subscription fold books. To me these defects are part of the history of the industry and collectors of the time so why avoid them
Post 647 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
I made an offer on this lot not expecting for it to be accepted. I regretted selling my swampys and ive always wanted hos 92,so its a win win.

Post 648 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Some FF raw issues I bought because they were very reasonably priced. I already have these issues, but always nice to have additional high grade copies.

Post 649 IP   flag post
@starlord very nice, congrats
Post 650 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb FF 186
Post 651 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
@brysb FF 186

I figured you would appreciate #186, but...this is only the third copy for me, all raw, no graded 9.8's like you have. Ha, was waiting for you to comment on that date stamp on #185!
Post 652 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't even see it until you mentioned it, lol.
Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Some FF raw issues I bought because they were very reasonably priced. I already have these issues, but always nice to have additional high grade copies.

Whats going on with the price box on that 199? That looks like a Whitman variant to me
Post 654 IP   flag post
I believe it is a Whitman.
Post 655 IP   flag post
601333 999 30