Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@DrWatson one of my favorite sci/Fi tv shows. Season 1 is my favorite.
Season one is more science fiction.
I did enjoy season 2 but it's more space opera

For some reason, I remember the shapeshifter more than anything.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Originally Posted by Triplecdad
The world’s most attractive bachelor is the Jaguar! Millions of girls idolize him …

You gotta love that kinda scripting.

Is the Jaguar‘s arch nemesis ‘The Cougar’?
4 days ago

I think it is Cat Girl, but she may be old enough to qualify as such ...
Post 602 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing big, but my buddy went to Avengers Campus in Disneyland and brought me back this pin.

He said there was very little Black Widow merch, but this is an exclusive, so, that’s pretty cool. It was very kind of him to grab this for me.

Post 604 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 605 IP   flag post

Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Pickups from the last couple of weeks.

Post 606 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Purchased this ASM 37 from @Murmonster & it came in yesterday. Great transaction as usual.

He also happened to have the one glass I was missing to complete my Batman Forever/McDonald’s promotional set. I’ll be drinking my evening cocktail from it later tonight.

Thank you, sir.

Post 607 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim You’re very welcome glad to help you complete the set. Got some goodies myself for Fathers Day. The Predator vision is my new favorite shirt.

Post 608 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Murmonster GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!!! Classic and love that shirt! (Books are awesome as well, of course.)
Post 609 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Does this count as new to my collection? 😁

Post 610 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
A few more magazines for the collection.

Post 611 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Two books came in (along with my regular monthly shipment). Death: The High Cost of Living platinum retailer edition, it’s in pretty good condition but it’s got an issue on the back that should press out. And MODOK: Head Games #1 which is the first appearance of MODOK’s family that would later appear on the tv series

Post 612 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 613 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders One of my favorite Cap covers of all time, congrats!
Post 614 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 Thanks I almost bought the shirt myself glad I didn’t.
Post 615 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Good week this week. Some new moderns and variants, and some older Bronze/Silver age stuff. No GA this week though, been a bit, I need to get on it

Reprint of a GA is about as close as I'm getting this week

Radiant Black 2nd print. I like this cover better than the 1st print original.

Set of all 3 of the Giang covers of Nice House on the Lake. The colors are really cool:

Went on a Strange and Weird, Marvel and DC, Silver and Bronze Age spree....

Post 616 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 617 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
A friend of mine was in New Orleans last week. He brought this baby up north for me. It’s living large away from hurricanes and nutria rats now.
Post 618 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I dabbled in a couple of under the radar speculation books. Strange Adventures #177 is the first appearance of Immortal Man who returned as Resurrected Man more recently. Couldn't find anything in a decent grade:

This Black Adam appearance seems to be picking up some traction. It predates Shazam 28 by a couple of years but it is a Bronze Age reprint of the original Golden Age introduction of Black Adam.

Post 619 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

so this is on the way. Signed by LB Cole, how cool is that
Post 620 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia. This is a cool book to get, technically the first cover and first silver age appearance of Black Adam. These books are heading to the Roy Thomas signing
Post 621 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I have a copy of this on its way to me. Another of those BA Shazam covers/issues I love. I'm with you, also. Even though it's a reprint of the GA first appearance, it's far more accessible than the original, and will probably only grow in value with the movie coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia

This Black Adam appearance seems to be picking up some traction. It predates Shazam 28 by a couple of years but it is a Bronze Age reprint of the original Golden Age introduction of Black Adam.

Post 622 IP   flag post

got these in the mail, the ff's are a couple of duplicates, the silver surfer 18 I got from board member
@scifinator. Manufacturer error, pretty cool
Post 623 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@EbayMafia. This is a cool book to get, technically the first cover and first silver age appearance of Black Adam. These books are heading to the Roy Thomas signing

So best I understand, this is the first Silver Age Black Adam...which is a reprint of the GA appearance. And the book I posted is the first Bronze Age...again a reprint of the GA appearance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 2nd original Black Adam story was not until Shazam 28?
Post 624 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia you are correct,Shazam 28 is the second story
Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Finally got this back from CGC today. Book isn't new but sketch and signature are.
Post 626 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Post 627 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm - Beautiful DC’s, I am so jealous of those Adventure Comics!
Post 628 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Received this in the mail yesterday. I won it in an eBay auction about a month ago from a seller in Great Britain.

This is how it was shipped (and the shipping cost was over $35). An envelope with 2 pieces of thin cardboard.

Post 629 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo you're lucky they included the thin cardboard.
Post 630 IP   flag post
601461 999 30