Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New To Your Collection #1114267

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Couple more items that came in today.
This Supergirl was one I’d never seen until o saw it posted here on the forum. I dig the cover.

Rounded up my best copy of that one, its a tougher book than most might realize to find in higher grades.Looks like your copy is pretty clean as well
Post 576 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
This Supergirl was one I’d never seen until I saw it posted here on the forum. I dig the cover.

Rounded up my best copy of that one, its a tougher book than most might realize to find in higher grades.Looks like your copy is pretty clean as well

The seller said NM-/NM it is pretty clean but I like yours better cause it's professionally graded.
Post 577 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
This Supergirl was one I’d never seen until I saw it posted here on the forum. I dig the cover.

The seller said NM-/NM it is pretty clean but I like yours better cause it's professionally graded.
There seem to be alot of copies of the book with a printing crease running along the cover right around Zatanna's knees, that is annoying and seems rather prevalent for whatever reason. I think your copy would likely clean and press and slab out just fine itself ! Classy choice in books for sure
Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector Venomous72 private msg quote post Address this user

This was my latest pick up, and probably the last one for several months
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Is anyone here hip to Gwandanaland Comics? I have never heard anyone talk about them on the forum. They produce quality reprint collections of golden age comics that are in the public domain. They have over 4900 titles in print and will even do custom collections based on your interests. They have been around for quite awhile but just recently got a website up and running (although it is still under construction). Anyone interested in reading golden age comics should check them out. Here’s some of my recent pickups:

Post 580 IP   flag post

That is pretty amazing...i wonder how they get around copyright laws, or if the stuff they reprint is no longer protected?
Post 581 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town it is all in the public domain. They are very diligent about ethically sourced material.
Post 582 IP   flag post
Yeah I wondered. Makes good sense too, thanks for sharing
Post 583 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
More drek I accumulated today

Post 584 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Not bad. When I think of drek, I think of 90’s books.
Post 585 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
More drek I accumulated today

@southerncross I remember a time when Dreck didn't come with $50-$60 price tags.
Post 586 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross - drek I'll take any day of the week.
Post 587 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
lol what I mean by drek I mean inexpensive books.

Those 4 books cost me $181 including tax.
The TTA was $40 even though it had a $60 price tag
The Adventures was $141
So my raw 3.5 for $141 right in my wheelhouse as I'm a bargain collector

The crime and funny books were free as they were falling apart.

So my kind of inexpensive drek 👍

I do love the cover of the Adventures though

A 7.5 finished today at auction.

Post 588 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 589 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

I almost bought this issue the other day, lots of decent prices, especially on 9.6's.
Post 590 IP   flag post
I made an offer and the seller accepted it.
Post 591 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I upgraded my Swamp Thing #1 thanks to @Noblebeast315.

Post 592 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I upgraded my Swamp Thing #1 thanks to @Noblebeast315.

DAMN!!!!!! Nice! I woulda pounced on that piece!
Post 593 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Here are 3 books that just came back. The ASM 41 is my son's book and he was really happy with the press and grade received. The other 2 are mine.and they came back at what I thought they would. The Batman 181 is a really rough book but it is complete with the centerfold. I wonder if it was really pressed. It looks really wrinkled to me. Maybe they felt it was too fragile to press but I believe they billed me for it.

Post 594 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in today signed by Tynion. Hoping Momoko goes for a signing so I can get both of them on it.

Post 595 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

my captain America badge has a new friend, captain midnight and even came with his book
Post 596 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Alan Quah has quickly become my favorite artist, just got these sets and it's my favorite SIKTC cover I've seen so far!

Post 597 IP   flag post

Post 598 IP   flag post
@DrWatson one of my favorite sci/Fi tv shows. Season 1 is my favorite.
Season one is more science fiction.
I did enjoy season 2 but it's more space opera
Post 599 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Not the prettiest, cover fully split and brittle, but the interior is solid.

The adaptation of Ray Bradbury’s “The Lake” in this issue is one of my favorite of his they did.

Since it was an adaptation, the story never made the TFTC TV show, but it was made into a pretty decent, although very 80s, episode of Ray Bradbury theater with screenplay by the man himself.

Post 600 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@DrWatson one of my favorite sci/Fi tv shows. Season 1 is my favorite.
Season one is more science fiction.
I did enjoy season 2 but it's more space opera

For some reason, I remember the shapeshifter more than anything.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Originally Posted by Triplecdad
The world’s most attractive bachelor is the Jaguar! Millions of girls idolize him …

You gotta love that kinda scripting.

Is the Jaguar‘s arch nemesis ‘The Cougar’?
4 days ago

I think it is Cat Girl, but she may be old enough to qualify as such ...
Post 602 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing big, but my buddy went to Avengers Campus in Disneyland and brought me back this pin.

He said there was very little Black Widow merch, but this is an exclusive, so, that’s pretty cool. It was very kind of him to grab this for me.

Post 604 IP   flag post

Post 605 IP   flag post
601455 999 30